• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Why All the Buchnevich Hate?

Granted I see it much more in other forums like Facebook Rangers groups, but why is there this rush to want to trade Buchnevich?

Is he maddeningly erratic? Absolutely. A little too pass happy? Guilty. On the soft side? Kind of.

All clear parts of his game, that could be improved. However, at 24 years old he is a .56 point per game player just entering his prime. You watch him play and you can see the flashes of talent there. Even if he never fully realizes that talent, 40-50 point players don't just grow on trees; usually they get overpaid in free agency. Look at Kevin Hayes's 7.14 million per year contract which was achieved with a .59 point per game career avereage(sure centers are valued more than wings, but you get the point).

If I was Gorton, I would be looking to lock Buchnevich into 4 million X 4 year deal when his current one expires to create some cost certainty in my top 9.

What am I missing here that makes people want to ship him out at the deadline?

His resting Buch face does it for me. (Credit to Dunny)

As you stated this is a good start "Is he maddeningly erratic? Absolutely. A little too pass happy? Guilty. On the soft side? Kind of."

Also in my opinion his somebody just killed my dog sulking on the bench is a distraction they don't need. And it only appears to be getting worse. Whatever is point totals are they are significantly lower than they should be because of all the times he goes brain dead in his play.

OK. So it is just the jabroni's that say things like "he has shown nothing" or "he doesn't care"; not fans that can actually articulate their arguments with things like facts & statistics that want him gone?

I actually like him, Muddy! But he's so fun to make fun of right now!! :rofl:

He has a ton of talent and he's going to be a big player for us, no doubt....but those faces on the bench??? EPIC!!!

Granted I see it much more in other forums like Facebook Rangers groups, but why is there this rush to want to trade Buchnevich?

Is he maddeningly erratic? Absolutely. A little too pass happy? Guilty. On the soft side? Kind of.

All clear parts of his game, that could be improved. However, at 24 years old he is a .56 point per game player just entering his prime. You watch him play and you can see the flashes of talent there. Even if he never fully realizes that talent, 40-50 point players don't just grow on trees; usually they get overpaid in free agency. Look at Kevin Hayes's 7.14 million per year contract which was achieved with a .59 point per game career avereage(sure centers are valued more than wings, but you get the point).

If I was Gorton, I would be looking to lock Buchnevich into 4 million X 4 year deal when his current one expires to create some cost certainty in my top 9.

I don’t really know if there is hate. There’s ribbing and poking fun but I haven’t seen anyone flat out hate the guy. If he’s still only a 40pt player after next year when his deal expires, they probably sign him for around that on a 1 or 2 year deal because he will want a chance to cash in on a career year.

I don't love Buch. I'm not quite sure what kind of player he is. He's not really a goal scorer or a play maker. He's just kind of... a guy. I also don't know why he gets so upset after he doesn't score. He never scores. What is he expecting?

For me, he could stay or go and I probably wouldn't notice either way. His contract doesn't stink, so that's good.

• Like 1

He needs to shoot the puck more. There was a point last night where he should have taken the shot and passed it. IMO, he hasn't done enough to stay in the top 6 playing right now. He is being given every opportunity to thrive, and he isn't taking that next step. I like the guy, but how much longer do you give him. He is playing with Kreider and Zib, so its not like he isn't playing with talent.

My biggest problem with Buch is he gets frustrated too easily. He brings that to the bench and it can become contagious. Frustrated teams rarely have a good night and it often snowballs, lending a hand to a string of loses. He leads the team in giveaways per 60/GP. Many of those lead to high scoring chances and disrupt the PP or set up time in the offensive zone, killing the play. Some nights he's a liability and then he makes a great pass or scores a goal and all is forgotten.

I posted this ^ on the COL GDT. While I don't hate any athlete, I was hoping Buch would be better considering the substantial opportunities he's been given this first half.

The simple answer to your question, immho, is that there are so many peeps that consider themselves true fans, but are complainers, moaners, groaners, negatrons, carpers and above all NAYSAYERS!!! They know it all about everything. Get used to it here. Some would get rid of a player because he doesn't fit the mold that they think is appropriate. #89 is young and has plenty of talent. Some actually believe that a player steps out of the shadows and establishes himself as an overnight super star. Dreamers all, as there aren't too many that do just that.

H.F! 1-lets-go-rangers-florian-rodarte-transparent.png

No one hates him. He's just easy to make fun of. You either like him or don't give a shit.

I don't think there's a rush to trade him but how much are you going to pay a 3rd line RW? He's gonna be behind Kakko and Kravtsov shortly.

Agree with Dunny, you can't keep everyone.

No one hates him. He's just easy to make fun of. You either like him or don't give a shit.

I don't think there's a rush to trade him but how much are you going to pay a 3rd line RW? He's gonna be behind Kakko and Kravtsov shortly.

Agree with Dunny, you can't keep everyone.

And even in today’s NHL, he’s not really suited for 3rd line work.

He’s a casualty at some point

It all depends on what happens with Georgiev, ADA and Kreider. If its room form him and he accepts something like 4mx4y he probably stays, or they keep Kreids and move him.

He?s a solid 40-50p guy, but he?s also a guy who cant play PK and takes some dumb penalties, so do we really want him on the 3rd line?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He's kinda never taken off. He still looks like a rookie out there. After all that hype about him, he's been pretty disappointing. I don't hate him, I just don't see enough improvement for me to keep my hopes up or stay excited about him. Like someone else said. He's kinda just there...