Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 1066

Thread: Rangers Are Thinking "More and More" About Keeping Kreider

  1. #901
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    11,400
    Rep Power
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ADoesn't change anything.
    So i can say he was 27 when he did all this years production


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  2. #902
    Senior Member Bantam Division NYRangers723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,277
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    So i can say he was 27 when he did all this years production


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Honestly it doesn’t matter lol. He has never been a fan of his

  3. #903
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    RangersIn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    1,455
    Rep Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    So i can say he was 27 when he did all this years production


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    I think the operative point is that he’ll be 29, in 2 months, when his next contract kicks in, be it an extension or a UFA deal this summer.

    Semantics don’t change that.

  4. #904
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    80,419
    Rep Power
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    So i can say he was 27 when he did all this years production


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    No, I admitted I did his math wrong.

    I also said it doesn't make a lick of difference to:

    1. Best production in a contract year.
    2. Likely to decline moving forward.
    3. His "consistency" to this point in his career is an anomaly and I'm not interested in paying for his best season.

  5. #905
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    11,400
    Rep Power
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No, I admitted I did his math wrong.

    I also said it doesn't make a lick of difference to:

    1. Best production in a contract year.
    2. Likely to decline moving forward.
    3. His "consistency" to this point in his career is an anomaly and I'm not interested in paying for his best season.
    Your totally no fun if you admit you did the math wrong.

    I want his ass moved also


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  6. #906
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    80,419
    Rep Power
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Your totally no fun if you admit you did the math wrong.

    I want his ass moved also


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Haha.

  7. #907
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,691
    Rep Power
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    So i can say he was 27 when he did all this years production


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    I'm going to say he was 26.

  8. #908
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    601
    Rep Power
    12
    TB just got Blake Coleman from NJ for a 2020 1st Rd pick and Nolan Foote.


    Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  9. #909
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15,956
    Rep Power
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wiskers View Post
    TB just got Blake Coleman from NJ for a 2020 1st Rd pick and Nolan Foote.


    Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Old news
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  10. #910
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    601
    Rep Power
    12
    They have acquired winger Tyler Toffoli from Los Angeles in exchange for winger Tim Schaller, prospect Tyler Madden, a 2020 second-round pick, and a 2022 fourth-round pick that is contingent on Toffoli re-signing with Vancouver. Both teams have confirmed the trade.


    Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  11. #911
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    RangersIn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    1,455
    Rep Power
    37
    That’s essentially an undersized, B- prospect and a 2nd for Toffoli. The journeyman forward and conditional pick are just a throw in.

    Not a great return.
    Toffoli has had a nice bounce back year, on pace for 25 goals and 45-50 points on a shitty Kings team. He’s a former 30-goal scorer and a Cup winner.

    Maybe LA really likes Madden?
    He’s very skilled but smallish. Like under 160lbs.
    Having a big year at Northeastern though.

  12. #912
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    2,180
    Rep Power
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    That’s essentially an undersized, B- prospect and a 2nd for Toffoli. The journeyman forward and conditional pick are just a throw in.

    Not a great return.
    Toffoli has had a nice bounce back year, on pace for 25 goals and 45-50 points on a shitty Kings team. He’s a former 30-goal scorer and a Cup winner.

    Maybe LA really likes Madden?
    He’s very skilled but smallish. Like under 160lbs.
    Having a big year at Northeastern though.
    The Athletic crew with Pronman really rate Madden and call this a very good return for Toffoli.

    Tyler Madden, C, Los Angeles (traded from Canucks on Feb. 17)

    Madden was No. 40 on my midseason prospect ranking, which would make him Los Angeles’ No. 5 ranked prospect right now, albeit in a very deep pool at the top. Madden is a player with elite skill. His 1-on-1 ability is among the very best drafted prospects outside the NHL. And he is a very smart two-way center. He makes a lot of high-end plays and is a solid defensive center because of how smart he is and his quality on-ice work ethic. He does everything for Northeastern, a top 10 team, regularly logging massive minutes this season. He has all the hockey abilities, but he’s a slight player with average feet. Even with his physical limitations, I think he will become a good NHL player once he eventually fills out with the potential to be a No. 2 center in the NHL. Madden was injured in a recent game, but it’s not believed to be a serious long-term injury.
    https://theathletic.com/1598490/2020...rospect-watch/

    For the Kings, it was quite a haul. They were already crowned (sorry) by Scott Wheeler as the No. 1 organization in his pipeline rankings recently and now add Madden, who has the chance to be a second-line center in the NHL. Plus the second-round pick. Really good work here by Kings GM Blake. No doubt he’s getting tired of these sell-off deadlines, but he’s building a promising pipeline and that’s what he should be doing.
    https://theathletic.com/1615796/2020...t-not-be-done/

    I think this deal is a positive in terms of getting a feel for Kreiders value.

  13. #913
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    RangersIn7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Battle Creek MI
    Posts
    1,455
    Rep Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    The Athletic crew with Pronman really rate Madden and call this a very good return for Toffoli.



    https://theathletic.com/1598490/2020...rospect-watch/



    https://theathletic.com/1615796/2020...t-not-be-done/

    I think this deal is a positive in terms of getting a feel for Kreiders value.
    Fair enough.

    Admittedly I don’t know much about him. Just that he’s very slight of build, and that he was a 3rd round pick, which is essentially a crap shoot.

    Does seem skilled with high upside though

  14. #914
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Flynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    1,811
    Rep Power
    40
    I had no idea he is John Madden's kid.. I'm really getting old.

  15. #915
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    89,140
    Rep Power
    524
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  16. #916
    Converted Naysayer Midget Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    2,558
    Rep Power
    78
    Gorton may know the Boston farm system a lot better than the Avalanche...I'm just guessing that, since he was once there.

    The Avs, on the other hand, could very well even resign Kreider, being that they're not in much distress with their current cap situation. They're currently $6 million under, with a lot of dead wood coming off after this year.

    This may just be the win-win of the year for everyone involved. I just hope we get a haul for him.

  17. #917
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,146
    Rep Power
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Gorton may know the Boston farm system a lot better than the Avalanche...I'm just guessing that, since he was once there.

    The Avs, on the other hand, could very well even resign Kreider, being that they're not in much distress with their current cap situation. They're currently $6 million under, with a lot of dead wood coming off after this year.

    This may just be the win-win of the year for everyone involved. I just hope we get a haul for him.
    Gorton has been out of Boston for 13 years...

  18. #918
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    4,382
    Rep Power
    95
    Feeling like tomorrow night will be the last time we see Kreider in Rangers blue. Even if he's not traded by then, can't see him playing Friday or Saturday.

  19. #919
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    89,140
    Rep Power
    524
    4. This is good news for the Rangers, who continue to both negotiate with and generate the market for Chris Kreider. Teams I think are interested: Boston, Colorado, New York Islanders and St. Louis (there could be more, obviously).

    I think Washington GM Brian MacLellan made a stealth move to see if he could get in on Kreider, but the Dillon trade probably takes him out of it.
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...ouver-canucks/
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  20. #920
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    4,382
    Rep Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Please don't trade him to the Isles. I'd hate that.

Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •