• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Are Thinking "More and More" About Keeping Kreider

Phil

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again no, you are missing the exact point. This board is run and contributed to by members and staff that all make this work. Different opinions and all. However, to actually start calling out mods and complaining about a GDT not being up yet is just asinine. People take their own free time to do this. I’m just trying to help you. Obviously YOU come here. No one is forcing you so it’s clear you need us more than we need you. When you don’t post, this place survives just fine. Thrives with or without you. It’s fine that you are ignorant to the money aspect of this salary cap era. 100% fine. Understand though that it is your ignorance on the matter only. It’s not evidence of being a super fan optimist where you need to call out ad naseum anyone who says player x,y,or z is expendable. When you were calling him Rick Na$h or bringing up Shattenkirk being overpaid no one said boo about it. That’s why you’re a fraud and a clown now.

But instead, don’t take my advice from one grown man to another. Instead, keep going the way you are going and trying to disrespect every Rangers fan on here and see where you end up considering most of us are adults with lives, families, jobs, obligations, whatever and find some free time to contribute here. You should try it one day. Enjoy.

You just can't leave it alone. Keep scratching that itch. And, just so you know, I didn't call out the mods. Bye.

Today, I want to trade all UFA and try to sign them in the offseason.

Kreider, Strome, Fast, Georgiev... they would bring back a ton of assets. These guys are highly sought after players and I think we will see much greater returns than last seasons deadline.

When was the last time a player was traded and then resigned with the same team? Vermette?

Guy would you stop? You're a fraud. In the past you've had issues with Shattenkirk, Nash, Skjei, Smith, and management for the money they give out to players. Stop acting like a clown just for the sake of acting like a clown and pretending you are the ultimate optimist. If you are retired and happy, then watch the game in peace and stop being a miserable internet freak here. We get it, the game has passed you by with analytics, salary cap, reality, etc. It's fine. Enjoy the bliss of just watching the games then. However, to come here constantly trying to poke your opinion into places where it's not warranted just screams of desperation. Maybe there is not enough joy in Rangerland for you anymore? That is so cool that you have a HIGH DEF tv! Enjoy that!
you right ,he use to kill Nash thread so bad it had to be frozen

When was the last time a player was traded and then resigned with the same team? Vermette?
Grand prize winner! :thumbs:

Antoine Vermette — Traded to Blackhawks, signs with Coyotes

Chicago made a splash at the deadline in 2015 by going out and acquiring Vermette. The move was made to bolster the depth down the middle, and the hope was he could be a difference maker both offensively and defensively for the Blackhawks. For much of his time in Chicago, that wasn’t quite the case, and his biggest use through the 20 regular season games he played was as a faceoff man.

Antoine Vermette — Traded to Blackhawks, signs with Coyotes

Chicago made a splash at the deadline in 2015 by going out and acquiring Vermette. The move was made to bolster the depth down the middle, and the hope was he could be a difference maker both offensively and defensively for the Blackhawks. For much of his time in Chicago, that wasn’t quite the case, and his biggest use through the 20 regular season games he played was as a faceoff man.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/five-rentals-who-went-back-to-where-they-came-from-in-free-agency

The article you link lists Roman Polak who was traded and re-signed in 2016.

Today, I want to trade all UFA and try to sign them in the offseason.

Kreider, Strome, Fast, Georgiev... they would bring back a ton of assets. These guys are highly sought after players and I think we will see much greater returns than last seasons deadline.

I agree.

I think there's a huge difference between wanting the team to win the upcoming game and wanting the team to be successful for the next 10-15 years. I'll root for them to win every single night, but I'm also very aware that they're already behind the 8 ball this season, they've got a lot to look forward to, and if this isn't the year, you gotta do what's gonna get you success next year and beyond even if it means costing this years' team a few points.

And, hey, if we just so happen to make the playoffs by bucking the overwhelming mathematical odds? Great. We're already nicely stocked in the prospect space. I won't cry over the difference in picks.

I agree.

I think there's a huge difference between wanting the team to win the upcoming game and wanting the team to be successful for the next 10-15 years. I'll root for them to win every single night, but I'm also very aware that they're already behind the 8 ball this season, they've got a lot to look forward to, and if this isn't the year, you gotta do what's gonna get you success next year and beyond even if it means costing this years' team a few points.

And, hey, if we just so happen to make the playoffs by bucking the overwhelming mathematical odds? Great. We're already nicely stocked in the prospect space. I won't cry over the difference in picks.

Thinking in more than 5 year blocks is hard.

Things change too much to start thinking in terms of 10 seasons or more

And signing contracts to players longer than 5 years is the come back to that. But that’s with specific players. Not organization-wide.

Would Tampa Bay need one team to win a seven-gamer against Toronto and another to prevail in a series against Boston, and does not Chris Kreider fit in both permutations of what the Lightning will require, with a dollop of Alex Georgiev sprinkled into the mix?

The problem, from the Rangers’ side, anyway, is that a team attempting to add the missing link to a Cup championship is always reluctant to subtract a meaningful player from its lineup while adding another, and yes, that’s why the Bruins were more than willing to move Ryan Spooner in the Rick Nash rental deal.

The Rangers could load up on draft picks from Tampa Bay, which has its own and Vancouver’s first rounders this year, but that isn’t likely to help a playoff push anytime over the next couple of years on Broadway, which pretty soon is going become the point.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/11/oilers-connor-mcdavid-reaches-mike-trout-level-of-mvp-stardom/

If the Canucks miss the playoffs the pick slides to next year.

I?ll take Canucks? 1st, a 2nd + something for Kreids and Georgiev. Canucks are not in a playoff spot atm so that pick could be very high.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Kreider’s playoff resume actually works against him

While teams should still want him and his style does fit in theory for playoff hockey, it hasn’t ever really produced results.

I’m not so sure about that. It may not be ppg material but u certainly can make a case for a good amount of important goals.

I don’t see a good fit with them. Who would we want in return? Personally I push kreider to Boston for debrusk. Georgie to any team that wants a cost controlled n1 starter and willing to take Smith as well even if we retain 1.5m along the way.

I'm on board with all this. DeBrusk would be a good fit. Might want a pick or prospect coming with him, but I totally think you have to deal Georgiev with a contract and take the hit of little in return besides cap space for this summer to re-sign DeAngelo and Lemieux.

I'm on board with all this. DeBrusk would be a good fit. Might want a pick or prospect coming with him, but I totally think you have to deal Georgiev with a contract and take the hit of little in return besides cap space for this summer to re-sign DeAngelo and Lemieux.

Debrusk only downside is his size but it is what it is. The trade would make some sense for both sides. Rangers get a cost controlled fit. Bruins get a bigger, stronger, playoff ready version who’s from Massachusetts for another cup run. I’m not a gym though so what do I know lol