• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Are Thinking "More and More" About Keeping Kreider

Phil

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ambitious.

you think they're in cup pursuit with first or second year defensemen? not a chance.

im not even sure they're playoff contenders next year with Kreider and ADA probably gone.

We don’t t know exactly who will be in the mix, but I don’t think it’s all kids

I’m figuring there are more roster adjustments coming over the next 18 months, that includes some of the prospects going for guys that help now, because they aren’t going to keep all of them.

one of many reasons is that our young guys need experience. and we have more and more of these rookies coming in next and following years. we're still in the rebuild, despite what Michaletti says

why nonsense?

I’m not sure what Joe Michaletti has to do with this but whatever? Odd comment. We aren’t in a perpetual rebuild for 5 more years lol. Young guys don’t need 5 more years of experience before being able to compete for a cup. We have plenty of guys already with hockey in Ziby, Panarin, Strome, Trouba at key positions. Assuming they keep the other current young players they have right now, they will be plenty seasoned within 2 years. I’m sure also there will be an acquisition here and there, some for nhl players if they are in playoff positions. I think you are reaching way way too far in the pessimistic

I understand that because we just beat the piles in two games in a row we're ready for a playoff run. but realistically the rangers are subtracting, not adding. we're still in the middle of a rebuild

That is not five years out from completion or contention. If it were, they're nowhere near the "middle" of a rebuild. They're at the god damned start.

I understand that because we just beat the piles in two games in a row we're ready for a playoff run. but realistically the rangers are subtracting, not adding. we're still in the middle of a rebuild

Where did anyone here say anything about beating the Islanders now makes us ready for a playoff run? What does a playoff run have to do with being a cup contender? The most I’ve heard here is that a playoff spot here would be grest baby steps for the future and that we are probably 2-3 seasons away from really being a serious contender. Making the playoffs is important towards furthering our developing.

I’m not sure what Joe Michaletti has to do with this but whatever? Odd comment. We aren’t in a perpetual rebuild for 5 more years lol. Young guys don’t need 5 more years of experience before being able to compete for a cup. We have plenty of guys already with hockey in Ziby, Panarin, Strome, Trouba at key positions. Assuming they keep the other current young players they have right now, they will be plenty seasoned within 2 years. I’m sure also there will be an acquisition here and there, some for nhl players if they are in playoff positions. I think you are reaching way way too far in the pessimistic

dude, neither of us have any idea how long it will take for this team to be a bona fide contender. we're all just voicing our opinions, so please don't knock mine down because you disagree with it. IMO it will take Kakko around 5 years to be a force in the NHL (if he will ever be) and be a great all aournd player. building a team takes time, it doesn't happen overnight (2-3 years)

That is not five years out from completion or contention. If it were, they're nowhere near the "middle" of a rebuild. They're at the god damned start.

rebuilding and then building. rookies or second year players which we have and will have plenty of in the next year or two, will not carry this team to cup contention. not for another couple of years after that, at least

Where did anyone here say anything about beating the Islanders now makes us ready for a playoff run? What does a playoff run have to do with being a cup contender? The most I’ve heard here is that a playoff spot here would be grest baby steps for the future and that we are probably 2-3 seasons away from really being a serious contender. Making the playoffs is important towards furthering our developing.

and I said 5 years. so why are you getting all excited?

They are looking, right now, at being around 10 points better than the last 2 seasons

Yes, but the team really dropped off at this time last season.

2019: 22nd overall, 20-20-7,47pts 47gp

2020: 21st overall, 23-19-4, 50pts, 46 gp

dude, neither of us have any idea how long it will take for this team to be a bona fide contender. we're all just voicing our opinions, so please don't knock mine down because you disagree with it. IMO it will take Kakko around 5 years to be a force in the NHL (if he will ever be) and be a great all aournd player. building a team takes time, it doesn't happen overnight (2-3 years)

There is a gigantic difference between voicing an educated opinion and voicing one by putting words no one is saying and claiming your opinion is common sense lol.

Also there is a big difference between 2-3 years and “at least 5 years”

Of course youre entitled to your opinion. We all are. It just seems like you are taking an arbitrary year long into the future to Don’t believe they are really close. I agree they aren’t one piece away but I just don’t think, in today’s NHL, any team can be told they are 5+ years away, specially a team in the Rangers with so much young talent on its roster.

Yes, but the team really dropped off at this time last season.

2019: 22nd overall, 20-20-7,47pts 47gp

2020: 21st overall, 23-19-4, 50pts, 46 gp

Very true

But we only have data for right now at this point.

They’re younger this year than last

Oddly enough, the save percentage is lower this year, but they’ve allowed fewer goals per game. Giving up more shots. Possession numbers are lower.

Mostly due to kids playing so much

Not sure if this was added, since the article is kinda old, but it sounds like Craig Custance believes the Rangers' asking price for Kreider might be two 1sts, specifically looking at a team like the Lightning.

Lightning GM Julien BriseBois has shown reticence about going into the rental market, as he mentioned in this Joe Smith piece, but Kreider would be a fantastic addition for the Lightning, who happen to have an extra first-round pick because of the J.T. Miller deal and that?s likely what it?s going to take. The Rangers can point to the Kevin Hayes deal last year that included a first-round pick, Brendan Lemieux and a conditional fourth-round pick as a starting point in negotiations.

There is a gigantic difference between voicing an educated opinion and voicing one by putting words no one is saying and claiming your opinion is common sense lol.

Also there is a big difference between 2-3 years and “at least 5 years”

Of course youre entitled to your opinion. We all are. It just seems like you are taking an arbitrary year long into the future to Don’t believe they are really close. I agree they aren’t one piece away but I just don’t think, in today’s NHL, any team can be told they are 5+ years away, specially a team in the Rangers with so much young talent on its roster.

you opinion is more educated than mine? our "education" comes from this board. and since im here more often that you are, im more "educated", officer Keith

young talent--yes. young talent needs time to come into its own. plus more young talent coming in next year and the following. IMO its 5 years or more until we're talking about any chance for a cup run.

if you are right and that we're a serious contender in 2-3 years, I will personally drive 100 miles per hour on the stretch where you work so you can pull me over and give me a ticket

Not sure if this was added, since the article is kinda old, but it sounds like Craig Custance believes the Rangers' asking price for Kreider might be two 1sts, specifically looking at a team like the Lightning.

Two???

Shit! I'm on board for that!!! It's from 2 different teams too??? Vancouver's and TB's???

Where do I sign!

That's not how I understood what he was saying. More like the Lightning have an extra first, which means they're more likely to be willing to deal one + roster player.

I said yesterday or the day before that I think the Hayes for Lemieux + 1st is probably exactly the model they're after. I just don't want to deal with Tampa. It's probably Gourde + 1st from them.

That's not how I understood what he was saying. More like the Lightning have an extra first, which means they're more likely to be willing to deal one + roster player.

I said yesterday or the day before that I think the Hayes for Lemieux + 1st is probably exactly the model they're after. I just don't want to deal with Tampa. It's probably Gourde + 1st from them.

That’s how I took it too

I don’t believe Tampa deals the 2 1sts they currently possess. More like one of them, the lower of the two and a roster piece or prospect

I don’t want to deal with them too much either

you opinion is more educated than mine? our "education" comes from this board. and since im here more often that you are, im more "educated", officer Keith

young talent--yes. young talent needs time to come into its own. plus more young talent coming in next year and the following. IMO its 5 years or more until we're talking about any chance for a cup run.

if you are right and that we're a serious contender in 2-3 years, I will personally drive 100 miles per hour on the stretch where you work so you can pull me over and give me a ticket

I said an educated opinion, you know, one backed with examples or some evidence which you were not providing. You just were saying common sense. It’s a pretty common term to say educated opinion. Never said min is more educated than yours. You’re just bringing up our announcer, or saying we beat the Islanders? I’m not sure how that means anything. Btw, all in good fun but if it happens I’d prefer u buy me a donut. Just hush with the cop talk :)

Two years after the Blackhawks drafted Kane and Toews they went to the semi finals with an average age of 25.9 while the league average was 27.9. They won the cup the following year. Kane and Toews were only 21.

The Rangers current average age is 26.4 while the league average is 27.8. Now none of our prospects yet are Kane or Toews but Ziby and Panarin certainly are on the level of those two. You can make a case goaltending we are set up a lot better than Chicago was too. The part that’s sort of missing are our , Sharp, Hossa and Keith. You hope Trouba within 2 years elevates his game. Sharp is tougher but Chytil looks like he is taking steps to be a difference maker eventually and he was a kid 60s point player the first year they won. That leaves Hossa. Tough to duplicate but you hope Kakko is the real deal and becomes sort of our version. Regardless, the point is that a young team is very capable of winning. Not everyone is going to say 6+ seasons under their belt.

Hell the year the Kings beat the devils they’re average age was 26.7. To be honest, while I like our coach mostly, I wish we had a Quenneville instead but that’s for another conversation.