• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Are Thinking "More and More" About Keeping Kreider

Phil

50pt player. Hard in the corners. A bull in front of the net. Big. Strong. etc.

Does he go through periods where he doesn't score? Yes. All players do, besides Panarin. But don't confuse that with "being invisible." It's rare that he's not involved in the game.

1,000% disagree. There are weeks that go by wherew he just glides around and you don't hear his name. At all. That's OK for a $4.25 million player. Not for a ~$7 million player.

I've said all along that the Rangers should keep him. There's a reason EVERY team in the league would like to have Chris Kreider.

At the appropriate tag, yes. He's about to be big time overpaid.
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50pt player. Hard in the corners. A bull in front of the net. Big. Strong. etc.

Does he go through periods where he doesn't score? Yes. All players do, besides Panarin. But don't confuse that with "being invisible." It's rare that he's not involved in the game.

I've said all along that the Rangers should keep him. There's a reason EVERY team in the league would like to have Chris Kreider.

Would every team like him at $7 million per for a long time though?

That’s the real question

Not even sure 7 per is enough anymore. Might be more like 7.5-8.

Heh no. He should still be at the same level in 2 years when the Rangers are hopefully threatening again. It's 5 or 6 years from now that's the problem.

Hard to see it getting that high.

Ok

Gotcha

Misunderstood what you meant by that.

Hayes has played like a top 6 center exactly one year in his career, and that was last year. Is he playing like one this year? Seems he is underwhelming, aside from lighting the Rangers up that one game lol.

Agreed. Just goes to show, teams are willing to invest in that one year simply because top 6 centers aren't easy to come by. Show me a 50 point winger that commanded 7mil after one good season.

Hayes is a top 6 center, much harder to come by than a 50 point winger. CK gets 6mil/5 years.

Hayes got way too much.

But even at a different position and being younger, it only helps Kreider, and Hayes playing C isn’t going to stop Kreider’s agent from using it as a comparable

In terms of actual production, their career points per game are identical, shooting percentage is close but favors CK, and Kreider scores more goals and has better possession numbers.

It could come in under 7. But I think he’s in that ballpark

Agreed. Just goes to show, teams are willing to invest in that one year simply because top 6 centers aren't easy to come by. Show me a 50 point winger that commanded 7mil after one good season.

Hayes had 1 20-goal season and 1 50-point season

With 4 more goals Kreider is looking at a 5th season of 20-goals or better. Already has 2 50-point seasons. A shot at a 3rd this year.

All stuff his agent will use.

No way he turns down a trade to the Bruins! The question is, what do we get back in return? ...or how much?

I'm actually hoping the Rangers can saddle a contract like Smith's or Staal's with a guy like Kreider, but the B's don't have the room for that.

No way he turns down a trade to the Bruins! The question is, what do we get back in return? ...or how much?

I'm actually hoping the Rangers can saddle a contract like Smith's or Staal's with a guy like Kreider, but the B's don't have the room for that.

It starts with a 1st round pick most likely. And they probably get a prospect too.

But that’s probably it.

They won’t get a young roster player or player that’s close to NHL. Not for a straight rental

Doubtful too that they’d marry him to a bad contract.

Boston is a good fit. Like the article says, they really need more help on the RW. But they can move a guy over if they bring him in.

It starts with a 1st round pick most likely. And they probably get a prospect too.

But that’s probably it.

They won’t get a young roster player or player that’s close to NHL. Not for a straight rental

Doubtful too that they’d marry him to a bad contract.

Boston is a good fit. Like the article says, they really need more help on the RW. But they can move a guy over if they bring him in.

Oh absolutely, 7. I was just hoping that we could free up some space by packaging one of them. Probably unlikely, like you said, but yeah, Boston is a damn good fit for Kreider. He had a good run here, and I don't even think the Rangers are contemplating re-signing him, as that article states.

I'm curious to see how he does in the playoffs this year if he gets dealt there. I really hope he does well, and wish him the best there.

Boston doesnt have any prospects that project to be much more than bottom 6 guys. I'd at least like a guy with some potential to get there. You'd probably get a 1st plus Strudnicka, maybe Frederic.

I want a big, young, grinding type player, that can throw the body and play 2 way hockey along with a #1.

Sorry, I'm greedy! :lol: