• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Are Thinking "More and More" About Keeping Kreider

Phil

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boston just made a deal with Ana. for Kase. Backes with 25% retained along with Axel Andersson(2018 2nd Rd pick) and a 2020 1st Rd pick.

I think that was pretty steep considering Kase seems to always get hurt.

???

Bob McKenzie Retweeted

Frank Seravalli

@frank_seravalli

?

1h

Believe the full deal is Ondrej Kase to BOS for 1st-round pick, David Backes and prospect Axel Andersson.

???

Pierre LeBrun

@PierreVLeBrun

?

1h

Also important to note: the Bruins are retaining 25 percent of Backes? remaining contract. So the Ducks are only on the hook for about $3 M in real dollars next season on that contract.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

There are two paths here. Build on this year's success, which there has been a lot and make the playoffs next year for sure. Or get assets for Kreider but take a step back in the immediate future.

Not entirely true. Its never been about keeping Krieder or not. Its about not letting Kreider be the new Staal or Hank 5 years from now.

• Like 1

They'll be justified if it's as ridiculous a contract as it could be. Not a lot of precedent for reasonable contracts under this regime.

This regime? Are you talking about Gorton? Which contracts has he signed that have been bad?

You also have to factor JD into the equation now. So far, he's been a part of some pretty massive deals that have worked out quite well.

If the Rangers resign Kreider for even the most team friendly deal, at least 5 guys on this site have epic meltdowns that I want to witness

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'll go first!! If any of you can actually cut me down from hanging myself!! :rofl:

Think..... Brooks in Shawshank Redemption!!! LOL

This regime? Are you talking about Gorton? Which contracts has he signed that have been bad?

You also have to factor JD into the equation now. So far, he's been a part of some pretty massive deals that have worked out quite well.

Sather was the president until about last week. Gorton has been at least the AGM since 2011, I think. So pretty much every one on the books.

Gorton has been signing since 2015

Trouba getting 8? Most recent contract that gets shit on.

Spooner/Namestnikov getting 4 each?

And then the Skjei deal... but I think all y'alls liked that contract.

https://www.capfriendly.com/staff/jeff-gorton

Also, with Boston out of the Kreider picture now (presumably), I'm feeling the odds of him being resigned have increased quite a bit.

Agreed. Let’s be honest Colorado has the leverage now. They were never gonna give up their top prospects anyway and now they know they could get him for even less now.

McKenzie listed 5-6 teams who are interested in Kreider. Not two

ok but that doesn’t mean they are prepared to offer us close to what we want. Boston Colorado St. Louis Washington and the isles are the ones I’ve heard. Out of all of those Colorado seemed like the most interested but Sakic has made it pretty clear they aren’t giving up a ton for a rental

I have a feeling these next 2 games might be a factor in this potential move.

I thought the Sabres loss was it, but this team keeps fighting. A loss tonight I have to think would be it though. They can't lose ground anymore, and a loss puts them 8 back of Carolina again. A win and they will be 4 back of a spot. Just a huge game...

I thought the Sabres loss was it, but this team keeps fighting. A loss tonight I have to think would be it though. They can't lose ground anymore, and a loss puts them 8 back of Carolina again. A win and they will be 4 back of a spot. Just a huge game...

Agreed. Huge game. Look I was screaming for a rebuild since 2016 and approved of everything we have done the past two deadlines but I feel it’s different now we are much ahead of schedule. LGR!!!!