• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Are Thinking "More and More" About Keeping Kreider

Phil

He's not going to sign for three years, so it's not worth talking about. If Zucc could get five years at 31, Kreider will rate 7 from a team he perhaps isn't keen on playing for or 6 from a team he would like to play for. He's not cutting that in half as a hometown discount. A realistic hometown discount would be 5 years instead of 6 and perhaps half a mil less per year. Some machinations, maybe unexpected, regarding ADA and Hank, before the deadline could have a big impact on this. I don't think the desire to keep Strome will really factor in. I think they want CK much more.
i think you are right CK isnt going to settle for 3 years at a discount ,this is his last chance at a big contract ,cant blame him for wanting it ,and the rangers definitely want him,and need him

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why they need him.

They were playing some pretty good hockey when he was MIA half the season.

He's usually MIA half the season.

He's makes them better when she shows up but they've shown they can be good regardless.

I don't understand why they need him.

They were playing some pretty good hockey when he was MIA half the season.

He's usually MIA half the season.

He's makes them better when she shows up but they've shown they can be good regardless.

the rangers need him like the flowers need the rain,can you once look at Kreider as the glass is half full instead of half empty all the time

the rangers need him like the flowers need the rain,can you once look at Kreider as the glass is half full instead of half empty all the time
No. Because it's about the team not Kreider and he's worth more in what you can get for him in a trade than paying him until 36.

Listen up know-it-all; try reading the post carefully before you run your disrespectful, filthy, narrow-minded mouth! I never implied or posted that I know what Kreider is thinking. Quite the contrary. I said that no one knows what discussions he or management have had pertaining to his future. You, calling me out because you don't like what I post? You think your opinions are carved in stone for all to take as gospel? Ha, that's the laff of the century. Tuff stuff, chump. You are no different here than you were on the old board that folded; same old wizard. Yak, yak, yak about B.S. as YOU say. I bet you are a real pleasure to sit next to at MSG. That is if you actually do go there. And, I highly doubt if you have the intelligence to determine what a run on sentence actually is. BTW, the smell you referred to is actually your foul smelling breath which can be detected afar each and every time you exhale. That is if you have time to do that while yammering on about diddly squat. T. G! It'll make you a better person. Ta Ta, sonny boy. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

"Another possible Ranger who they may consider moving is UFA, Jesper Fast. In LeBrun’s latest he mentions that the Rangers have not spoken to neither Kreider’s or Fast’s agents about a new deal. "

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/new-york-rangers-will-be-active-at-the-trade-deadline/?fbclid=IwAR0czpX9HiJZVGB9R8_X8GOkm1towJA7dqUk0T4QNvO2PARenpjMfmCyaD4

Let's face it; the Lundqvist, Shattenkirk, Girardi and Staal deals specifically and the cap generally has made NYR very gunshy about giving long term deals to players over 30.

Sign Artemi Panarin and sorround him with 20 year old lottery tickets. That's what I would do, for sure.

Entirely plausible they think long and hard about signing ZIb long term as well. We'll see. But think some of this dead wood has to be off the books or close to it before they do it .

Losing Kreider creates a hole.

But rather the hole than an albatross of a contract when they’re getting ready to pay younger guys

Kreider and his agent are going to look at the market, they’re gonna see the recent deals that comparable players have gotten, and he’s going to shoot in that ballpark and someone will pay him

He gets drastically less if he stays unless the Rangers go stupid

Losing Kreider creates a hole.

But rather the hole than an albatross of a contract when they?re getting ready to pay younger guys

Kreider and his agent are going to look at the market, they?re gonna see the recent deals that comparable players have gotten, and he?s going to shoot in that ballpark and someone will pay him

He gets drastically less if he stays unless the Rangers go stupid

That?s fair. I understand the contract concerns. However like you said it?s gonna be very difficult to replace what Kreider brings on and off the ice. I usually don?t watch the ASG but it was nice seeing him having fun and also being professional when answering questions about the trade deadline. He does want to be here but that damn salary cap lol

That’s fair. I understand the contract concerns. However like you said it’s gonna be very difficult to replace what Kreider brings on and off the ice. I usually don’t watch the ASG but it was nice seeing him having fun and also being professional when answering questions about the trade deadline. He does want to be here but that damn salary cap lol

That’s the reality unfortunately

No getting around the cap and bad contracts bite you in the ass.

You can't give 8 year deals to players approaching 30 who aren't elite.

We already have Panarin, Trouba and will have Z locked up with term and won't really know what the last 1, 2 possibly 3 years of those deals will look like.

I'm not giving a player who never scored 30 G and hit 50 points 2 times max years at a high AAV.

This may just be me here. But has anyone else been under the impression that Kreider isn't all that much about finishing his years as a hockey player? After his blood clot, I think he stood back and realized he doesn't exactly NEED hockey.

Maybe that works in the Rangers favor. Maybe he isn't looking for long term? Seems like he's not concerned about being moved and more geared towards the team getting it's shit together.

I wouldn't doubt that he'd be open to a short term, team friendly deal. Maybe even AFTER/if they trade him before the deadline.

This may just be me here. But has anyone else been under the impression that Kreider isn't all that much about finishing his years as a hockey player? After his blood clot, I think he stood back and realized he doesn't exactly NEED hockey.

Maybe that works in the Rangers favor. Maybe he isn't looking for long term? Seems like he's not concerned about being moved and more geared towards the team getting it's shit together.

I wouldn't doubt that he'd be open to a short term, team friendly deal. Maybe even AFTER/if they trade him before the deadline

Maybe. He is a smart guy. Maybe he isn’t looking for another decade in hockey

I wouldn't doubt that he'd be open to a short term, team friendly deal. Maybe even AFTER/if they trade him before the deadline.

It's just you.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/24257571/nhl-new-york-rangers-chris-kreider-recovery-blood-clots-journey-back-ice

Why would he pass up his one opportunity for a big payday, even if it takes him elsewhere?

Much as he might love it here, as of this moment, he’d have a better shot at winning elsewhere. While the Rangers are building something nice here, there’s no guarantees this works out.

And to take that chance, even if he loves it and believes in the plan, all while leaving money on the table is hard to see

Why would he pass up his one opportunity for a big payday, even if it takes him elsewhere?

Much as he might love it here, as of this moment, he’d have a better shot at winning elsewhere. While the Rangers are building something nice here, there’s no guarantees this works out.

And to take that chance, even if he loves it and believes in the plan, all while leaving money on the table is hard to see

Maybe he wants to stay here? Maybe he doesn't want to change his life around by moving? Maybe it's not about the money? I don't think he's a hockey lifer. He's seen careers cut short. He's come close to his own career being cut short. I think that's why he's kinda ho-hum about any extension or trade possibility. He's definitely matured more since that blood clot.

I've been on the fence about him for a while now. Sometimes I can't stand him, then he goes on these tears where you think the team absolutely needs him. On one hand he can bring back a nice haul, but on the other maybe Zib isn't the player he has been since mainly playing with Kreider...

Who plays along side Zib if he goes? They go back to being a one line team. Does Zib fall off a cliff production wise? Do they risk that?

If they deal him, I'd want a comparable young player back. But who makes that kind of trade?

Please don't say Kravstov can step in. Guy just got back to Hartford after not getting playing time in the KHL.

Maybe he wants to stay here? Maybe he doesn't want to change his life around by moving? Maybe it's not about the money? I don't think he's a hockey lifer. He's seen careers cut short. He's come close to his own career being cut short. I think that's why he's kinda ho-hum about any extension or trade possibility. He's definitely matured more since that blood clot.

I've been on the fence about him for a while now. Sometimes I can't stand him, then he goes on these tears where you think the team absolutely needs him. On one hand he can bring back a nice haul, but on the other maybe Zib isn't the player he has been since mainly playing with Kreider...

Who plays along side Zib if he goes? They go back to being a one line team. Does Zib fall off a cliff production wise? Do they risk that?

If they deal him, I'd want a comparable young player back. But who makes that kind of trade?

Please don't say Kravstov can step in. Guy just got back to Hartford after not getting playing time in the KHL.

People relocate when they don’t particularly want to for an opportunity to make more money all the time. Happens in every profession. Guys say they “love” a place all the time. Then they take the biggest offer in July.

And I’m pretty sure he is unmarried and has no children

If he’s not a hockey lifer who has plans after hockey, an extra $10 million or so might come in handy.

Maybe it’s not about those things for him, just saying that amount of money has a way of changing perspectives on things