• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Are Thinking "More and More" About Keeping Kreider

Phil

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no worries. we can debate the player coming back in return but i sure hope this is the type of deal we make moving forward. believe we have enough in the pipe and surely more on the way after this next draft. i just think it makes sense to trade for players who have already shown something or look like there about to in the show.

Getting back to what I was saying, if we were to give the acquiring team a window to negotiate a contract extension then Kreider would no longer be considered a rental so therefore our return should be more.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

That's upto CK. He may want to hit the open market and see who pays what. Will be the only time in his life he get's that opportunity.

The way Brooks (and Cyrgallis here) makes "in nets" plural just drives me wild. I can't read anything past that.

HA! I've thought the same thing! Makes them seem like they have no idea what they're doing.

It's probably an anachronism (Brooks is really fond of these), similar to "goaler," or "rover," etc.

Getting back to what I was saying, if we were to give the acquiring team a window to negotiate a contract extension then Kreider would no longer be considered a rental so therefore our return should be more.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Even if this were true.

How many guys get this close to becoming a UFA headed for a massive payday and get dealt at the TDL and sign with that team before going to market. I'm guessing it may have happened before but I would bet the % is next to nothing? True or False?

5. Other players at all-star weekend think Chris Kreider really likes being a Ranger. The biggest challenge could be what offers they get for him. There will still be an extension conversation. If New York goes five or six years at around $6.75 million per, what will he say?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs-trade-deadline-approach-fortunes/

I think he would agree to 6x6.75, less than a 50/50 chance he would sign 5x6.75 imo but not out of the question. Honestly can't wait until the TDL and all these things get sorted out.

Reports saying the team and Kreider havent talked.

I think it can be said that most players like NY, and want to stay here. Stepan blocked everyone, Zucc cried, Hagelin whined, Brassard pouted, Gaborik was fine, Hayes shrunk, etc etc, then they see other teams tossing money, and theyre ok again.

Brassard was pretty happy to go back to Ottawa, but he's from there.

Enter Boston...

I REALLY don't want Kreider going forward. I think we can do a whole lot better with what we can get for him. If we look at Hank as an example, I think we're seeing exactly what we're going to get if we sign Kreider long term and for big bucks....with the exception of Hank actually realizing and surpassing his potential. Not so much with Kreider.

The way I see it, if we sign Kreider, he's going to be our next future buy out.

• Like 1

I REALLY don't want Kreider going forward. I think we can do a whole lot better with what we can get for him. If we look at Hank as an example, I think we're seeing exactly what we're going to get if we sign Kreider long term and for big bucks....with the exception of Hank actually realizing and surpassing his potential. Not so much with Kreider.

The way I see it, if we sign Kreider, he's going to be our next future buy out.

Nah Trouba would be up next and way more often than not every team eats shit on the back end of the mega deals. Odds are Panarin's ability to walk on water will significantly lessen too. Just the way it is nothing unique to this org. Moving on from Krieder is probably the right thing to do but it will probably make them worse off in the short term.

Nah Trouba would be up next and way more often than not every team eats shit on the back end of the mega deals. Odds are Panarin's ability to walk on water will significantly lessen too. Just the way it is nothing unique to this org. Moving on from Krieder is probably the right thing to do but it will probably make them worse off in the short term.

I'm not feeling Trouba being a terrible deal, JS. He's only 25 years old and that's still fairly young for a defenseman. Trouba's game is not bad at all, matter of fact I see a lot of good in his play. He's also playing with a "still Green" partner in Skjei, so I'm seeing him while trying to cover for his buddy, he gets caught out of position on occasion. Once the team does something with Ruff, and replace that much needed slot for a real defensive coach, I think we'll see exactly what he's got. Believe me, it looks like Trouba has A LOT in the tank.

Trouba is a hard nosed player though, and I love his size & grit. That $8 million will carry him to only age 31...and I have a feeling he's going to improve a bunch over the next few seasons.