• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Are Thinking "More and More" About Keeping Kreider

Phil

Tom Urtz jr Twitter has posted the times for AHLs fastest skater competition. Joey Keane( more than likely ADAs replacement) finished 2nd with 13.453. ?Makes me wonder how fast ADA would have been if he were to do the skating competition.

But besides that the reason I mention this is because Jack Studnicka finished 3rd with a 13.804. Studnicka is a guy mention several times by a couple of people here as a player we should go after in a package along with Fredric and a 1st. for Kreider. He?s 6?2? righthanded and plays C made the AHL all-star team with 30 pts in 44 gms 14 goals. Kreider time was 13.509 btw

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Urtz jr Twitter has posted the times for AHLs fastest skater competition. Joey Keane( more than likely ADAs replacement) finished 2nd with 13.453.

But besides that the reason I mention this is because Jack Studnicka finished 3rd with a 13.804. Studnicka is a guy mention several times by a couple of people here as a player we should go after in a package along with Fredric and a 1st. for Kreider. He?s 6?2? righthanded and plays C made the AHL all-star team with 30 pts in 44 gms 14 goals. Kreider time was 13.509 btw

Keane faster than Kreider? Damn that kid can fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

People relocate when they don?t particularly want to for an opportunity to make more money all the time. Happens in every profession. Guys say they ?love? a place all the time. Then they take the biggest offer in July.

And I?m pretty sure he is unmarried and has no children

If he?s not a hockey lifer who has plans after hockey, an extra $10 million or so might come in handy.

Maybe it?s not about those things for him, just saying that amount of money has a way of changing perspectives on things

I wouldn't put too much stock in the total speculation on how he feels about his hockey career.

There is still a chance Kreider and the Rangers come to terms on an extension, but the rebuilding Blueshirts would rather move him as a rental than risk losing him for nothing to the UFA market this summer.

?All the contenders from Colorado to Boston to St. Louis to Pittsburgh are all believed to be interested in [Kreider],? Sportsnet?s Elliotte Friedman said during a Hockey Night in Canada Headlines segment in late-December. ?Teams don?t believe, right now, the Rangers have made him available, but they are waiting to see if they decide they can?t keep him, and they want to trade him, there is a ton of interest.?

A first line left winger in New York, Kreider would fit any team that needs a top-six flanker. He brings size (six-foot-three, 217 pounds) and is tough around the net, which should lend itself to playoff hockey (though he had three goals and four points in 12 post-season games the last time he made it there in 2017).

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/20-nhl-trade-candidates-youll-hear-deadline/

Craig Custance has done a "who says no" article on The Athletic, where he's got readers suggestions for trades and checked them off with league execs.

4. Colorado trades Tyson Jost and a 2020 first-round pick to the New York Rangers for Chris Kreider

– @kento19

I don’t hate this. I think Kreider is going to ultimately get the Rangers a first-round pick. At worst, a conditional first. But there are some people who aren’t convinced, in part because he isn’t a center. So, because we’re also including a guy drafted No. 10 overall in 2016, this seems steep for the Avs.

Exec: “Colorado says no. This seems to be modeled on the Kevin Hayes deal, and the comparison is reasonable. So this isn’t a firm no, but I’d be surprised if a rental fetched that much.”

8. The New York Rangers trade Chris Kreider to Boston for Danton Heinen, a first-round pick and Jakub Zboril

– @Bos_Sports1

That’s a bit steep for a pure rental.

Exec: “Boston says no. This is similar to the Colorado proposal earlier, maybe I am just wrong about what teams will do, but that seems like a lot for a rental who is a good player but not a star.”

Probably won't be a popular take, but I think he's probably right.

https://theathletic.com/1560427/2020/01/28/who-says-no-nhl-executives-evaluate-your-trade-proposals/

Craig Custance has done a "who says no" article on The Athletic, where he's got readers suggestions for trades and checked them off with league execs.

https://theathletic.com/1560427/2020/01/28/who-says-no-nhl-executives-evaluate-your-trade-proposals/

It only takes one to say yes. I am confident a 1st and decent roster player or a B-B+ prospect happens. It might not be from Joe Sakic and the Avs, but it'll be from a team that wants to outbid the others.

Bruins so no today, but come 2/24 , might be a different response. Their core isn't getting younger, and they aren't locks to come out of the East.

The Jost offer is probably only a condition away from being acceptable, IMO.

As in Kreider for Jost + conditional 2020 first that is likely based on playoff rounds won, else it becomes a second.

No way. Guarantee that shit. Not playing Zuccarello games with Kreider when he's the best forward on the market.

Of course, if it legitimately the best offer from all teams involved then you don't really have a choice.

I'm not saying I want that deal. I'm saying it's probably a condition away from being acceptable (to the Avs).

Right. Agreed. They would have taken it yesterday if that was the price.

If a team isn't up against the cap, I have trouble understanding why they pussyfoot when it comes to trading for a hot commodity on the market. You know someone will come in with a Hayes type package. Make a strong offer and get the player even earlier to help solidify position in the standings. Don't understand the waiting around sometimes.

Right. Agreed. They would have taken it yesterday if that was the price.

If a team isn't up against the cap, I have trouble understanding why they pussyfoot when it comes to trading for a hot commodity on the market. You know someone will come in with a Hayes type package. Make a strong offer and get the player even earlier to help solidify position in the standings. Don't understand the waiting around sometimes.

It's just tactics. Team selling will ask for the highest price, team buying will offer the lowest, and the two will use the runway allotted leading up to the deadline to find a middle ground.

Only condition I put in that deal is if Kreider signs an extension we get Shane Bowers( he was Quinn?s 3rd leading scorer at BU?Greenway was 2nd and Brady Tkachuk was 4th that year?-Quinn?s last year there) added to the deal because at that point Kreider is no longer a rental.

Only condition I put in that deal is if Kreider signs an extension we get Shane Bowers( he was Quinn?s 3rd leading scorer at BU?Greenway was 2nd and Brady Tkachuk was 4th that year?-Quinn?s last year there) added to the deal because at that point Kreider is no longer a rental.

I?ve never seen a trade with a condition that a player is traded. Is that even allowed?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk