• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Are Thinking "More and More" About Keeping Kreider

Phil

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorton may know the Boston farm system a lot better than the Avalanche...I'm just guessing that, since he was once there.

The Avs, on the other hand, could very well even resign Kreider, being that they're not in much distress with their current cap situation. They're currently $6 million under, with a lot of dead wood coming off after this year.

This may just be the win-win of the year for everyone involved. I just hope we get a haul for him.

Gorton may know the Boston farm system a lot better than the Avalanche...I'm just guessing that, since he was once there.

The Avs, on the other hand, could very well even resign Kreider, being that they're not in much distress with their current cap situation. They're currently $6 million under, with a lot of dead wood coming off after this year.

This may just be the win-win of the year for everyone involved. I just hope we get a haul for him.

Gorton has been out of Boston for 13 years...

4. This is good news for the Rangers, who continue to both negotiate with and generate the market for Chris Kreider. Teams I think are interested: Boston, Colorado, New York Islanders and St. Louis (there could be more, obviously).

I think Washington GM Brian MacLellan made a stealth move to see if he could get in on Kreider, but the Dillon trade probably takes him out of it.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-tyler-toffoli-trade-vancouver-canucks/

they are middle of the pack. Better than a Bruins and Blues.

Wahlstrom is nothing. Holmstrom rushed. Wilde couldn't keep up in the AHL. Bunch of meh after them. They're not better than what the Bruins or Blues have.

Nobody is giving up a bigtime prospect for a rental. Avs are damn sure not

Doesn't have to be the Avs. The Blues have lost eight of their last ten. I'm sure if that keeps happening Armstrong is gonna come banging on Gorton's door.

Wahlstrom is nothing. Holmstrom rushed. Wilde couldn't keep up in the AHL. Bunch of meh after them. They're not better than what the Bruins or Blues have.

Doesn't have to be the Avs. The Blues have lost eight of their last ten. I'm sure if that keeps happening Armstrong is gonna come banging on Gorton's door.

Bruins, Avs, St. Louis have gotten all the focus

But it would not come as a shock for another team or two, particularly a Western Conference team to get involved.

Lord knows Dallas could use some scoring. Their goaltending is Cup caliber and it’s a very good D corps too.

If they can just get their top guys going some, they’d be a tough out. Kreider could be a spark for them.

And they have a history with the Rangers. Zuccs really helped them last season.

Bruins, Avs, St. Louis have gotten all the focus

But it would not come as a shock for another team or two, particularly a Western Conference team to get involved.

Lord knows Dallas could use some scoring. Their goaltending is Cup caliber and it’s a very good D corps too.

If they can just get their top guys going some, they’d be a tough out. Kreider could be a spark for them.

And they have a history with the Rangers. Zuccs really helped them last season.

Bluntly, I don't think Dallas has the assets to do it. The guys I'd have targeted are all graduating to the team/on the team at this point, and I seriously doubt they're going to do something like Dellandrea and a 1st.

The good news for us is this: 10 of the top 11 teams in the west should be in on Kreider in some way, shape or form. The only team that really shouldn't is Vegas; they literally haven't got a spot for him. But between injuries, wanting to add the piece to put them over the top, or sheer desperation to hang on in the case of the entire Pacific division - they're gonna call.

Bluntly, I don't think Dallas has the assets to do it. The guys I'd have targeted are all graduating to the team/on the team at this point, and I seriously doubt they're going to do something like Dellandrea and a 1st.

The good news for us is this: 10 of the top 11 teams in the west should be in on Kreider in some way, shape or form. The only team that really shouldn't is Vegas; they literally haven't got a spot for him. But between injuries, wanting to add the piece to put them over the top, or sheer desperation to hang on in the case of the entire Pacific division - they're gonna call.

That’s fair on Dallas. Dellandrea is really their only top-100 prospect. But who knows?

Maybe they’d be willing to move a young roster player if they’re desperate or they really feel Kreider would give them a big boost.

I still think the Rangers target a roster-ready player in a Kreider deal over a first round pick. Pick is secondary.

Bowers ceiling is Howden.

Kaut is having more issues than Andersson

Although I like the idea of multiple prospects

I’m not too high on Bowers.

Agree with your assessment Josh, that he’s got a bottom-6 ceiling

But I liked Kaut in his draft year. He’s just had injuries and that heart defect he needed corrected. He’s actually been producing points of late, having 10 points in last 11 games

It would give Chytil another Czech to play with too potentially.

He was a 1st round pick for a reason and is only 20.

He’s worth talking about I think.

The Avs tick all the boxes, but if I'm Joe Sakic I'm thinking twice about paying the cost for Kreider.

Quite simply because this is an organization and roster that isn't desperate to win right now. Their core is young, everybody of note is coming back next year. I think he can have his cake and eat it too. Keep his first round pick, keep his good prospects and sit tight with a team that is likely to be even better next season.

I mean, he wouldn't be crazy to go for it now. But it feels a bit knee jerky to pay a kings ransom for a rental for them at this point.

The Avs tick all the boxes, but if I'm Joe Sakic I'm thinking twice about paying the cost for Kreider.

Quite simply because this is an organization and roster that isn't desperate to win right now. Their core is young, everybody of note is coming back next year. I think he can have his cake and eat it too. Keep his first round pick, keep his good prospects and sit tight with a team that is likely to be even better next season.

I mean, he wouldn't be crazy to go for it now. But it feels a bit knee jerky to pay a kings ransom for a rental for them at this point.

They are still very young. Kreids would be their 2nd oldest forward. On defence they have Makar, Girard and Graves all under 24.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Disagree with this. They have the best team in the west now. I don't think they are better than Boston now. When you have a team this close, you go for it. Way too many things can happen next year to sit back and wait.

If the rangers were in Colorado's position this year and we had an opportunity to grab someone like Kreider, I'd be trading our 1st again and K'Andre to make it happen. Success is fleeting. Grab it when you can.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Disagree with this. They have the best team in the west now. I don't think they are better than Boston now. When you have a team this close, you go for it. Way too many things can happen next year to sit back and wait.

If the rangers were in Colorado's position this year and we had an opportunity to grab someone like Kreider, I'd be trading our 1st again and K'Andre to make it happen. Success is fleeting. Grab it when you can.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

They are actually the 3rd best team in the West. They're only 3 points better than the Oilers, for example. If they were in the East they'd be in an 8 way fight for their playoff lives. They're obviously not as good as Boston, considering they are 13 points behind the B's.

I mean, feel free to disagree. Like I said, I don't think their time is necessarily right now. Would it be madness to try and go for it? No, absolutely not. They have a decent chance of getting out of the west. But - in my opinion - they should consider keeping their powder dry for this season. I'm not sure what is supposed to happen next year to change their outlook, other than something like MacKinnon breaking a leg.

They have a real chance of building a long term contender there. Trading for Kreider doesn't necessarily compromise that, but they'd have to give up an important building block for the future to get him and I'm not sure that's necessary this year. There's also a difference between adding at the deadline and going after the top UFA. I hope they feel differently, obviously.