• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Are Thinking "More and More" About Keeping Kreider

Phil

Wouldve been nice to see Kakko chomping at the bit to jump on that line and produce like CK but not so much. Hopefully in a couple of years with that kid.

If they resign Kreids, do they give him the C?

I'd like to see Trouba get the "C". But that's probably for another thread ;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chances of trade have to be near 100. If they really want him back they can sign him in the summer and figure the cap out then.

That's obviously very risky if they really want him in the fold for the future. He might have some hard feelings about getting shipped out or may like the place he goes better than what he currently has.

That's obviously very risky if they really want him in the fold for the future. He might have some hard feelings about getting shipped out or may like the place he goes better than what he currently has.

If I were him or his agent, I wouldn’t even be too serious about negotiating an extension right now. He should just go to market.

Let them trade you know, and spend the next few months playing for a team with a shot. Maybe he gets lucky and wins a Cup for his troubles.

If he really wants to be here, he’ll have the opportunity to make another pass in July, while at the same time he gets to see the interest of other teams, how much is really available to him, and maybe even leverage his eventual suitor into more money.

It’s the best of both worlds.

• Like 2

That's the complete opposite of how contracts work. Want fewer years? Tack on salary. Want less salary? Tack on more years. Kreider has no reason to sign for sub $6M for 4 years because no one would realistically offer him that little.

If he wants to be here, that's what he should be getting. HERE. Home town discount. Obviously he can get more elsewhere. Probably 7.5- 8. I don't want him at that price. Mayyybe 7 X 4? He's gotta give the Rangers something.

If he wants to be here, that's what he should be getting. HERE. Home town discount. Obviously he can get more elsewhere. Probably 7.5- 8. I don't want him at that price. Mayyybe 7 X 4? He's gotta give the Rangers something.

You're talking almost a $2M discount per year. That's $8M+ in missed salary. No one does that.

I don't go over 6 mill or 5 years and I push for 4 years. That's coming from someone who thinks he needs to be here. I wonder if assuring him a C on his jersey helps any negotiations.

If that’s the offer, all the more reason for him to not even be at the negotiation table.

Brass tacks, I think in order to keep him, they’d have to give him 6 years at the minimum. Probably 6.5 per at the minimum.

5 years is probably a non-starter for him. More than 5 SHOULD be a non-starter for Rangers.

Maybe he doesn’t get his door beaten down with 7-year offers this summer, but 6 is, to me at least, a certainty.

He and his agent know for sure he’s getting at least 6 seasons.

At 6.5 per over 6 years, we’re approaching 40 million.

I think that’s his low number. And probably the best “hometown discount” we could hope for.

I don’t think he’s taking 5 years at 7 per.

He’s leaving too much on the table.

And he’s paying higher taxes in a shorter span on that money.

And I’m also wondering about NTC/NMC

He’s going to want some form of trade protection.

Yet another factor I want no part of with a guy close to 30 who is good, but not elite.

Someone out there will likely go to 7 years, the $7 million range, with strong trade protection.

You're talking almost a $2M discount per year. That's $8M+ in missed salary. No one does that.

Sure they do. If they want to stay and help the team. Not often, but some players DO think about the future of the team and not just the max they can get.

I'm with you on the NTC. The Rangers have handed them out like candy

Stamkos and Crosby are making less than what they can get on the open market. Kucherov.

Happens in football very often.

So two players playing in a state without income tax and another who has been earning $8.7M since he was 21 and has a superstition surrounding the number.

So no actual comparables. Cool. Good argument.

Krug at a 5.25 cap hit

Labanc

Klingberg and Radulov

Pastrnak

MacKinnon at 6.4

Seth Jones

Huberdeau

Almost the whole Blues roster

Almost the whole Lightning roster

Pretty much all these dudes signed long term deals as RFAs in their early 20's. How is the comparable to a UFA?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Krug at a 5.25 cap hit

Wasn't a pending UFA.

Labanc

Ditto.

Klingberg

Again.

Radulov

Signed as a UFA.

Pastrnak

RFA

MacKinnon at 6.4

Seth Jones

Huberdeau

Just gonna save time here and point you to the above.

Almost the whole Blues roster

Maybe Alex Steen. Perron, I'll give you, but he's also had bad injury history and was streaky up until recent.

Almost the whole Lightning roster

Three words. No income tax.