• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Are Thinking "More and More" About Keeping Kreider

Phil

Zucker off the board for the TDL heats up the demand for CK. I can taste the 1st round pick but from who?

Zucker's price was higher than I'd have thought. I know he has term, but he's easily the 3rd or 4th best wing this TDL, he's rocking a partial NTC, and his deal isn't amazing. Solid, but not amazing for what he brings.

1st and Galchenyuk and a prospect? I'm not going to sit here and pretend Galchenyuk is having an awesome year, but he's not near as bad as he's shown this year. The Wild could re-sign him on the cheap and put him through whatever they did with Staal.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Urtz Jr.

@TomUrtzJr

? 13h

If the goal is for next year's team to take a step forward, it is going to be tight. Not accounting for % increase

$16,505,200 for nine spots

$6,912,500 in potential performance bonuses

$7,494,444 in dead money https://twitter.com/BlueSeatBlogs/status/

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Zucker's price was higher than I'd have thought. I know he has term, but he's easily the 3rd or 4th best wing this TDL, he's rocking a partial NTC, and his deal isn't amazing. Solid, but not amazing for what he brings.

1st and Galchenyuk and a prospect? I'm not going to sit here and pretend Galchenyuk is having an awesome year, but he's not near as bad as he's shown this year. The Wild could re-sign him on the cheap and put him through whatever they did with Staal.

You nailed it

3 years remaining

Reasonable cap hit

Also a former 30-goal scorer and consistently above 20.

Pittsburgh is a little desperate too I think

Good job by Minnesota

Shed salary and get an extra 1st and a really nice prospect

You nailed it

3 years remaining

Reasonable cap hit

Also a former 30-goal scorer and consistently above 20.

Pittsburgh is a little desperate too I think

Good job by Minnesota

Shed salary and get an extra 1st and a really nice prospect

Also just jacked the price for Kreider up a bit....and may have forced a few teams to go out and make that move to keep up with Pittsburgh.

Also just jacked the price for Kreider up a bit....and may have forced a few teams to go out and make that move to keep up with Pittsburgh.
Not a Kreider comparable. He's got term left and a reasonable hit. Minny also took back Galchenyuk.

Kreider is a rental.

Not a Kreider comparable. He's got term left and a reasonable hit. Minny also took back Galchenyuk.

Kreider is a rental.

You're right, my man...I just saw that too! He's got a bunch of meat left on the bone!!! 3 years!! I saw the trade last night while I was watching the Blue Jackets/Tampa game and thought that was an awful lot to give up for a rental. Turns out he's not.

I still think we can get a bunch for Kreider though... Crossing my fingers, anyway!

1. Chris Kreider, New York Rangers – As it stands now, there continue to be seven or eight teams with a serious interest in the best rental on the market. Make that nine if you include the Rangers. There appears to be momentum for him staying in New York, especially if the rental market remains lukewarm. And for a team that is turning the corner in its rebuild, there’s a strong case to be made to keep Kreider around.

“As much as I like their young players, all these guys take time. Unless you’re a first or second overall, it’s a hard league for young players right now,” said one talent evaluator who was making the case that the Rangers should keep Kreider.

Another executive said he wouldn’t give up a first for nearly any rental out there but felt like Kreider was worth the exception. With a caveat.

“I would trade a (first-round pick) for Kreider only if you’re comfortable you can re-sign him,” he said. “Then it makes all the sense in the world.”

https://theathletic.com/1598173/2020/02/11/nhl-trade-big-board-2-0-23-players-who-could-move-before-the-deadline/

Colorado??

Columbus maybe...now that Seth Jones is on the shelf???

We'll see, boss! ...we'll see....I just think we can really push the rebuild unloading him. I REALLY don't wanna see the Rangers pay him for his recent stretch of play. I really believe that's really not who he's going to be going forward.

Colorado??

Columbus maybe...now that Seth Jones is on the shelf???

We'll see, boss! ...we'll see....I just think we can really push the rebuild unloading him. I REALLY don't wanna see the Rangers pay him for his recent stretch of play. I really believe that's really not who he's going to be going forward.

Opposite. No one else like him. Obviously within reason.

Zuckers best year is better than Kreider but Kreids has a hell of a lot more playoff experience and much more size to his game. That does make a difference. Zucker got this much because of term left.

Good trade for both I think. A lot more of a hockey trade than a rental type trade.

I have a bad feeling if they trade Kreider, he's going to be awesome all the time (or at least more consistent like he is now) and finally be what I thought he was going to develop into a few years ago. I would rather they re-sign him and he can stay here and go back to being inconsistent after his contract year is over. lol

I have a bad feeling if they trade Kreider, he's going to be awesome all the time (or at least more consistent like he is now) and finally be what I thought he was going to develop into a few years ago. I would rather they re-sign him and he can stay here and go back to being inconsistent after his contract year is over. lol

Kreider is awesome. People equate stats to effort or consistency and that's the wrong way to look at it.

He will be missed.

Back to Colorado.

Pierre LeBrun

[emoji818]

@PierreVLeBrun

Avs coach announces on his radio show that Nazem Kadri is out longish term. Avs spokesman tells me it's week to week for Kadri who was injured Sunday night. Colorado was already in the market for a top-9 F so this may add some urgency to it.

???????

Also saw McDavid is listed as week to week with his injury.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Zuckers best year is better than Kreider but Kreids has a hell of a lot more playoff experience and much more size to his game. That does make a difference. Zucker got this much because of term left.

Good trade for both I think. A lot more of a hockey trade than a rental type trade.

Yeah definitely a hockey trade. I was looking at it closer this morning after I got in, and it looks like a good deal for both sides. Zucker has 3 years left and signed for a decent tag that they can digest....basically replaces Galchenyuk's cap hit for the most part (a little more).

I really think the best landing area for Ck is Colorado.

I just trying to look down the road with Kreider; This Rangers team will most likely will be looking really ready to compete in 3 years, and we'll have Kreider's 7 million weighing it down, just like Hank's is now. Kreider at 33 or 34 years old is NOT going to be worth a plugged nickel.

Time to wave bye bye to him, wish him the best, and fill the holes we can with what he can return. He's hot and the time to trade him is now, at his peak value.

I don't see Kreider as being "awesome".

He's got awesome speed but not so great IQ or hands or shot.

There's probably never been a more hotly debated 50ish point forward... Because he always leaves you wanting more.

He’s a good player. Good, not great. That’s the long and short of it. He’ll probably be missed short term. But the idea he’s some sort of irreplaceable unicorn is a bit ridiculous and is based on emotion and unfulfilled expectations.

I don't see Kreider as being "awesome".

He's got awesome speed but not so great IQ or hands or shot.

There's probably never been a more hotly debated 50ish point forward... Because he always leaves you wanting more.

He’s a good player. Good, not great. That’s the long and short of it. He’ll probably be missed short term. But the idea he’s some sort of irreplaceable unicorn is a bit ridiculous and is based on emotion and unfulfilled expectations.

...can't put it any better than these two; Please Gorts...for the love of all that's holy: SELL HIGH!!! :thumbs:

Kreider is awesome. People equate stats to effort or consistency and that's the wrong way to look at it.

He will be missed.

Short-term, yes. They will miss him.

He might not be a simple replacement, but it’s not impossible either. And it doesn’t need to be addressed now.

Having young assets puts them in a position to acquire a comparable player when the time comes down the road

And that player won’t cost them $50 million

Short-term, yes. They will miss him.

He might not be a simple replacement, but it’s not impossible either. And it doesn’t need to be addressed now.

Having young assets puts them in a position to acquire a comparable player when the time comes down the road

And that player won’t cost them $50 million

^This.

Lets be real boys and girls, we are NOT a contender for anything at the moment and the best course of action is to continue the rebuild. Shed salary. Allow the big contracts to expire (buyouts have consequences) and set ourselves up to have $$$ ready, willing and able to be deployed when we are going to whip that horse and go for it. In about 2 years.

• Like 1