• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Georgiev is in Rangers' Long-Term Plans?

Phil

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't we both be right? Either would be an excellent return for Georgiev, but I think it costs more than that. Still think Kreider might have to be involved, or something else.

I'd almost throw Fast in if it meant Kap/Johnsson coming back.

Yeah looks like a 3rd liner that gets some pp time on the second unit. Potted 20 last year .

Just looking at their cap hits. Who the hell is going to play defense for them next year? Lol. Give em Skjei and Georgiev and we will take Nylander and his contract :)

Defense...pfft. The Leafs are planning to outscore their way to the Cup lol: https://www.tsn.ca/talent/perspective-is-important-with-maple-leafs-1.1426710

Skjei, Georgiev, and Fast for Nylander. Shore ups their defense, get an insurance goalie, and a responsible two way winger for a deep playoff run. Turn those 8-4 losses into 5-3 wins! Go leafs go !

Rangers top 9 would be Nylander, Zibanejad, Kakko, Kravtsov, Chytil, Panarin, Buchnevich, Strome.

That's way too soft.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/01/13/avalanche-henrik-lundqvist-trade-target/

Lundqvist, 37, who has yet to hoist the Stanley Cup, is under contract through 2020-21, with an $8.5 million annual cap hit but just a $5.5 million salary next season. His contract would expire when Colorado begins paying big money to Gabe Landeskog and Cale Makar, whose current deals also end next season.

Currently, the Avs have the cap space and prospects/draft picks to entice “King Henrik” to waive his no-trade clause to a Cup contender in a move similar to when legendary defenseman Ray Bourque came to the Avs late in the 1999-2000 season.

:tweet:

@adater No truth to rumors Avs might look into a deal for Henrik Lundqvist. Not happening

I would really like to see Hank play for a cup. He deserves a shot at it. I just don't see it happening.

damn that second tweet

He just doesn’t want to go. Much as it makes sense to someone on the outside, he loves it here and he’s not going to budge on it.

He’s staying for the duration

Skjei, Georgiev, and Fast for Nylander. Shore ups their defense, get an insurance goalie, and a responsible two way winger for a deep playoff run. Turn those 8-4 losses into 5-3 wins! Go leafs go !

Just what Quinn needs, another right handed shot on the PP. Put them all out there at the same time: Panarin/Zibanejad/Strome/DeAngelo/Nylander

He just doesn’t want to go. Much as it makes sense to someone on the outside, he loves it here and he’s not going to budge on it.

He’s staying for the duration

situations change. in the beginning of the season it was him and georgiev splitting up the season. now its him, georgiev and shesty, and he's not the favorite to start.

situations change. in the beginning of the season it was him and georgiev splitting up the season. now its him, georgiev and shesty, and he's not the favorite to start.

I hear ya

I just don’t think it has changed as of now.

Maybe in the summer

Maybe at the deadline next year.

Just don’t see it now

Re: 5 guys on the PP: Yes Panarin, Zibenajad & if we were to get Nylander or Kapanen, but there?s no way Strome & ADA will be here next year. Keep in mind if it?s Nylander we are talking, that?s a 6.9 cap hit. We can?t pay everyone.

Re::Lundqvist to Colorado. WOW! WOW!?if that was to happen! But it would be great for us?-clears 8.5 mil in cap and could be enough for us to be able to bring back/re-sign multiple players.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Re: 5 guys on the PP: Yes Panarin, Zibenajad & if we were to get Nylander or Kapanen, but there’s no way Strome & ADA will be here next year. Keep in mind if it’s Nylander we are talking, that’s a 6.9 cap hit. We can’t pay everyone.

Re::Lundqvist to Colorado. WOW! WOW!—if that was to happen! But it would be great for us—-clears 8.5 mil in cap and could be enough for us to be able to bring back/re-sign multiple players.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

A $7M dollar cap hit for Nylander, who's on pace for 34 goals and 70 points is a pretty good deal.