• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Georgiev is in Rangers' Long-Term Plans?

Phil

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Georgiev needs to be sent back down for more playing time. 7 goals against in his last 2 starts.

I'd say he doesn't even get moved and winds up in the A. Maybe gets a shot at the backup gig after Lundqvist is gone.

No reason for him to be here now. They've been trying to showcase him for a trade and it backfired. I don't think they get any value for him now or at the draft.

The second anyone called about him for a trade, they really should have jumped quickly. Toronto got a better goalie and a decent roster player for far less than what was expected as a return for this unproven kid.

Definitely disappointed in how this shook out.

Send him down, call up some forwards and let's build a 4th line that can play some minutes.

Isn?t he waiver eligible now?

If so, I?m certain he?d be claimed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When he fades into obscurity, and disappears, I'm sure we will always wonder what was on the table. I'm not sold on how good people think this kid is. I was really hoping to get something for nothing.

Yet I have a suspicion you'd be one of the first to say "Trevor Moore? Who the fuck is that?"

If there's a market they'll move him. If there's not, they won't. The worst that happens is that the Rangers retain a 24 year old goalie who's proven he can play in the NHL. Doesn't seem so bad to me.

Maybe Georgiev needs to be sent back down for more playing time. 7 goals against in his last 2 starts.

I'd say he doesn't even get moved and winds up in the A. Maybe gets a shot at the backup gig after Lundqvist is gone.

No reason for him to be here now. They've been trying to showcase him for a trade and it backfired. I don't think they get any value for him now or at the draft.

The second anyone called about him for a trade, they really should have jumped quickly. Toronto got a better goalie and a decent roster player for far less than what was expected as a return for this unproven kid.

Definitely disappointed in how this shook out.

Send him down, call up some forwards and let's build a 4th line that can play some minutes.

He can't be sent down or he'll have to pass through waivers.

Maybe we should be talking about getting a new HC? after playing a great game against Toronto they played piss poor against Buffalo. It was like they were in a daze and Quinn couldn?t even get them to wake up. It looked like only DiGuessepe was playing hard. Georgiev only allowed 3 goals of which the 1st was just bad to watch?Girgensons skates past Zibenajad who didn?t look like he was trying?goes around Trouba who didn?t even try to hit him and Staal just puts his stick out gets turned around and bumps into Kreider while Fast was the furthest away( must have just jumped onto the ice from a line change).

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yet I have a suspicion you'd be one of the first to say "Trevor Moore? Who the fuck is that?"

If there's a market they'll move him. If there's not, they won't. The worst that happens is that the Rangers retain a 24 year old goalie who's proven he can play in the NHL. Doesn't seem so bad to me.

Huh? Toronto got a decent goalie and a very serviceable player for nothing. Somehow the Rangers were thinking they would get a legit player for their backup goalie. Reportedly Kapanen wasn't going to be enough.... Kapanen. If Toronto was offering Moore, then Gorton needs his head examined for thinking he could do better than Kapanen. You can't shoot for the stars when trying to ditch your backup goalie. I said so since the beginning.

12. Alexandar Georgiev, Rangers – The Rangers are willing to stick with the three-goalie situation as long as they have to, which is understandable. You’re not giving away young talent. But it’s definitely not ideal, especially for a veteran like Henrik Lundqvist who is accustomed to regular work. “For almost 14 years, I was used to being out there playing,” he said after a recent game. “Now, it’s different. You try to adjust to it. In the end, you want to be out there to help the team … it’s different, that’s for sure. In the end, you try to understand the big picture.”

https://theathletic.com/1598173/2020/02/11/nhl-trade-big-board-2-0-23-players-who-could-move-before-the-deadline/

Hank's an ultimate competitor. I feel for the guy, but even as an athlete, there's a shelf life...especially for goalies. He's been tremendous here, and I salute the guy for his effort on and off the ice. I would really like to see Hank win a Stanley Cup...or at least take a good run at it. If Hank reconsiders his no trade clause it really would help the Rangers, and most likely the team he goes to.

I think that Hank can raise his game still. Is he what he once was? probably not, but he's definitely capable of winning playoff games for a contender.

I'm agreeing Ozzy 99%. Yes, Hank has that inward desire and capacity to raise the mental game -- he'd be up for any challenge. I question if the motor skills are still there. His glove hand has been suspicious for a while now and without a seriously sharp glove, as a goalie, he's a bit compromised in effectiveness IMO. Pick a goalie to take to a Cup final? Sure, I'm going to take Hank based on faith, heart and desire. And I'll deal with the consequences. But to be honest, he just ain't all there...not anymore.

I think Colorado would be a great fit for him. They are stacked enough to where they could get by with his deficiencies. He could play just well enough on that team and still get plenty of support. He would need to be on a super team like that. Tampa and Washington are like that too, but they obviously already have stalwarts in goal. He's most likely not going anywhere anyway, but I'd like to see him on the Avalanche.

I know. lol I do think something needs to happen soon, though. This three goalie system is not good for anybody. Just trade Georgiev so he can play regularly somewhere. Give Shesterkin the majority of the remaning starts and have Henrik settle in as the veteran backup and mentor. Next year give Shesterkin 60 games or so. This will be good for all three. I don't think Gorton is going to get a King's random for Georgiev, if that's what he thinks.

He's not gonna get traded...

I know. lol I do think something needs to happen soon, though. This three goalie system is not good for anybody. Just trade Georgiev so he can play regularly somewhere. Give Shesterkin the majority of the remaning starts and have Henrik settle in as the veteran backup and mentor. Next year give Shesterkin 60 games or so. This will be good for all three. I don't think Gorton is going to get a King's random for Georgiev, if that's what he thinks.

If Georgie doesn't go by the deadline, he's most likely going to be a draft day deal. I don't expect Hank to go, be bought out or retire. We signed him for that term and that's exactly what we're going to get.

• 2 weeks later...

I find it funny how there was all this talk of Bracco being such a good return for us in a deal for Georgiev, yet with all the injuries Toronto has had Bracco has yet to be called up. And thank god we didn?t get Johanssen?-out for the year?seems like he?s always getting hurt?this year is no different.

I find it funny how there was all this talk of Bracco being such a good return for us in a deal for Georgiev, yet with all the injuries Toronto has had Bracco has yet to be called up. And thank god we didn’t get Johanssen—-out for the year—seems like he’s always getting hurt—this year is no different.

Not many Rangers fans were high on Bracco.

Johnsson crashed into a teammate... Kapanen, and got hurt.