• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Georgiev is in Rangers' Long-Term Plans?

Phil

Nylander is on pace for 36 goals and 72 points. I really doubt they think he's overpaid. It's actually a great rate and contract for the production. But they might rather re-appropriate his caphit to other parts of the team though when they already have Tavares/Matthews/Marner/Kapanen/Johnsson.

Yup

And they don’t want to add to their NHL roster and core by pulling a key piece off of it to add another .

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://elitesportsny.com/2020/01/18/new-york-rangers-goalies-henrik-lundqvist-needs-to-be-odd-man-out/amp/

https://nypost.com/2020/01/18/rangers-henrik-lundqvist-dilemma-nearing-eli-manning-level/amp/

Its mentioned in the first article and the last article more of an underlying tone regarding the number of games he has sat in the second article. I feel like it is gaining a little traction.

Very good; obviously no quotes from the team indicating anything, but still interesting to see it being thrown out there. I think it's a smart organizational play although not popular among those whom seem Lundquist deserves more respect. It's the best business decision. Will he really sit on the bench happily for a year and a half picking up scrap games here and there? Maybe but I'd think he may at least think about waiving.

Nylander is on pace for 36 goals and 72 points. I really doubt they think he's overpaid. It's actually a great rate and contract for the production. But they might rather re-appropriate his caphit to other parts of the team though when they already have Tavares/Matthews/Marner/Kapanen/Johnsson.

He?s not overpaid. He actually is probably a bit underpaid. However when you have Marner, Matthews, and Tavares all with like 11m cap hits you really can?t afford another 7m one on forward. Never understood the Tavares signing.

He’s not overpaid. He actually is probably a bit underpaid. However when you have Marner, Matthews, and Tavares all with like 11m cap hits you really can’t afford another 7m one on forward. Never understood the Tavares signing.

Just him wanting to be there, come home, join a team on the rise, and the Leafs waiting to add an elite player. Can’t pass that up.

It has big cap implications for them to be sure.

Though if Nylander was getting dealt, it probably would have happened during his hold out.

Very good; obviously no quotes from the team indicating anything, but still interesting to see it being thrown out there. I think it's a smart organizational play although not popular among those whom seem Lundquist deserves more respect. It's the best business decision. Will he really sit on the bench happily for a year and a half picking up scrap games here and there? Maybe but I'd think he may at least think about waiving.

It?s a business decision at the end of the day. Everyone would have wanted it to end differently but it hasn?t.

Nobody forced Hank to take up 12% of the cap when he signed his deal. Nobody forced him to be the highest paid keeper in the league at the time of signing his second big contract. That?s all on Hank.

Everyone loves Hank. He?s been paid, if he doesn?t want to move, I think the Rangers will buy him out. And respect aside, that?s a good decision for the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? In a dream my deal would have been something like Georgiev for 22 YO Katie Holmes tits + a new set of Mizuno irons that no matter how hard I swung the ball didn't go anywhere. Then I would have woke up and missed grade 10 for some reason.

I haven't read the past two pages, apologize, but a thought that just occurred to me...

This organization seems to do great with up-and-coming (dare I say "fringe") goalies while they're here (thanks Allaire and I'm assuming Hank) - Talbot, Raanta, and I'm sure there are more. I think we've seen a good enough sample size to conclude that Georgiev is quite valuable, but I think there has to be a little bit of buyer-beware on the other side.

I haven't read the past two pages, apologize, but a thought that just occurred to me...

This organization seems to do great with up-and-coming (dare I say "fringe") goalies while they're here (thanks Allaire and I'm assuming Hank) - Talbot, Raanta, and I'm sure there are more. I think we've seen a good enough sample size to conclude that Georgiev is quite valuable, but I think there has to be a little bit of buyer-beware on the other side.

Being coached by Benoit Allaire and playing behind Hank probably helps.

Some stuff flying around that they turned down Kapanen and Bracco. I find that hard to believe. More like that is what they are asking for Georgiev. Hank carried this organization forever. Teams never scored goals for him in the playoffs. This has to be embarrassing for him. Unfortunately, they probably are trying to show him what is going to happen. Retire, organization pay his remaining salary, buyout or accept a trade. Always sad to see the end for an all time great player for the team you cheer for. Never ends well. Hank is really putting the team in a tough spot. The best thing going forward is to have Georgiev and Shesterkin here. Not Hank.