• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Georgiev is in Rangers' Long-Term Plans?

Phil

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady Skjei. Do Kapanen or Johnsson for Skjei then. If they are calling about Georgiev then change and focus on Skjei. Technically they are in pretty good shape if they unload his salary as well even if they replace it with another one 2m cheaper. Then focus on trying to get a team like the Senators , who need a goalie and at least a defensive body next year into taking Smith to get Georgiev.

I walk away happy.

Brady Skjei. Do Kapanen or Johnsson for Skjei then. If they are calling about Georgiev then change and focus on Skjei. Technically they are in pretty good shape if they unload his salary as well even if they replace it with another one 2m cheaper. Then focus on trying to get a team like the Senators , who need a goalie and at least a defensive body next year into taking Smith to get Georgiev.

I walk away happy.

Does Toronto have the space for Skjei, and I mean beyond just this season?

They did bring up Liljegren. Making his NHL debut tonight

Been playing very well for Marlies

Does Toronto have the space for Skjei, and I mean beyond just this season?

They did bring up Liljegren. Making his NHL debut tonight

Been playing very well for Marlies

It looks like they will have around 12m cap space or so but it also looks like they lose Ceci, Muzzen, and Barrie so they might be willing to swap an offensive contract they have many of for a defensive one.

It looks like they will have around 12m cap space or so but it also looks like they lose Ceci, Muzzen, and Barrie so they might be willing to swap an offensive contract they have many of for a defensive one.

The 3 younger forwards, Kapanen, Kerfoot, and Johnsson are all under contract for a few more years and all around 3.5 mil vs cap.

How much does Skjei help them defensively though?

I mean, we all see that the shortcomings in his game are on the defensive side. Surely other teams, their scouts, coaches, GM?s have to see it too.

He?d be able to play sheltered minutes as a 3rd pairing left D once Reilly and Muzzin, which would help

The fans up there would eat him alive though for all his turnovers and miscues defensively.

He has improved though. Still have to mention that.

I look at Toronto defensively though, and I?ll harken back to my previous post.

Their forwards especially don?t give a fuck. No effort or awareness defensively

I?m watching them now vs Hawks.

On Kubalik?s 1st goal, Marner literally let him walk right in down the middle. Then we he got behind him, Marner could?ve made an attempt to back check and make a little harder for him.

He did nothing.

Tavares is their only big minute forward who is semi-conscious defensively

I’d be less interested in Kerfoot personally but any 3 are fine to me lol

Kapanen would be my first pick.

Then the other 2 are about equal. Little edge to Kerfoot maybe, because he’s a Center.

Kapanen is the only 1 who is really a top 6

The other 2 are very solid bottom-6 guys though.

Kapanen’s speed is very impressive

I’d be less interested in Kerfoot personally but any 3 are fine to me lol

Not interested in Kerfoot at all to be honest.

Kapanen is the most skilled and has the most value of the 3. I could easily see him slotting on the first line with Panarin and Strome.

Something tells me that Johnsson is the most realistic target though, both in terms of appropriate value for Georgiev and the type of player the Rangers are needing. A Johnsson/Chytil/Kakko line would be fun to watch.

Leafs get smoked again. I know Toronto media loves Anderson but I don’t actually think he’s that good. Georgie would be more than a backup there.

Agreed, and I think they know it which is why they still seem to be maintaining interest in him despite the high ask (if the Rangers really are gunning for Kapanen).

Leafs get smoked again. I know Toronto media loves Anderson but I don’t actually think he’s that good. Georgie would be more than a backup there.

It’s hard to get an accurate read given how many shots he faces, how many great scoring chances they surrender, and how little D they play.

It’s fair to say though that Georgiev could be more than a backup. Certainly shows at times that he could be.

Need to see him do it though

But if he got in the net up there and played great, they’d have to keep him in there, no?

Whatever Andersson is, he’s not unimpeachable.

How much does Skjei help them defensively though?

I mean, we all see that the shortcomings in his game are on the defensive side. Surely other teams, their scouts, coaches, GM’s have to see it too.

He’d be able to play sheltered minutes as a 3rd pairing left D once Reilly and Muzzin, which would help

The fans up there would eat him alive though for all his turnovers and miscues defensively.

He has improved though. Still have to mention that.

I look at Toronto defensively though, and I’ll harken back to my previous post.

Their forwards especially don’t give a fuck. No effort or awareness defensively

I’m watching them now vs Hawks.

On Kubalik’s 1st goal, Marner literally let him walk right in down the middle. Then we he got behind him, Marner could’ve made an attempt to back check and make a little harder for him.

He did nothing.

Tavares is their only big minute forward who is semi-conscious defensively

Well that’s the thing. You would have to sell the, on Skjei from a couple of years ago and show that he is only like 25 so far from being on the decline. He’s also in a pretty decent contract until he’s 29. Basically we have surplus D, they have surplus Fwd. I’m not saying they bite but you never know. Then again, I’d also swing for the fences and offer him and Georgie for Nylander and see where they are. They really have way too many expensive forwards

Well that’s the thing. You would have to sell the, on Skjei from a couple of years ago and show that he is only like 25 so far from being on the decline. He’s also in a pretty decent contract until he’s 29. Basically we have surplus D, they have surplus Fwd. I’m not saying they bite but you never know. Then again, I’d also swing for the fences and offer him and Georgie for Nylander and see where they are. They really have way too many expensive forwards

I feel you.

And I totally think Toronto needs to just bite the bullet and move a forward for a D. Kapanen makes the most sense too, in that he’s a top-6 type of talent who is playing on their 3rd line and he’d bring them back the best return. Very tradeable contract too.

But is Skjei the best they can do?

Would you do Skjei and Georgiev for Kapanen and maybe another piece?

Personally, I’m trying to be patient with Skjei. Broken record , but he’s been better. Not great. But better.

We all bash Skjei here.

But I wonder how keen the organization is to move him?

They locked him up to that very friendly deal really fast.

Quinn plays him with Trouba

Runs him out there a lot.

Just not so sure they’re looking to move him.

Need the right offer.

I don’t think the rangers are really shopping him to be honest. I think Skjei and Georgiev for Kapanen is kind of giving up too much unless it’s Bracco also. I don’t know how high Toronto views Skjei but I’m not sure how many 25 year olds are available that are on decent term. The only reason I’d be willing to get rid of him is because of the large chunk of money we have tied up in D and the rfas I’d like to be able to afford this coming offseason.

Ideally for Toronto though the money decision that makes the most sense for them to move is Nylander considering they have 32m toed cap wise to Marner, Tavares, and Matthews. It’s nuts. Nylander is at 6.9 which means bye bye Kreider for a vast improved younger player.

I don’t think the rangers are really shopping him to be honest. I think Skjei and Georgiev for Kapanen is kind of giving up too much unless it’s Bracco also. I don’t know how high Toronto views Skjei but I’m not sure how many 25 year olds are available that are on decent term. The only reason I’d be willing to get rid of him is because of the large chunk of money we have tied up in D and the rfas I’d like to be able to afford this coming offseason.

Ideally for Toronto though the money decision that makes the most sense for them to move is Nylander considering they have 32m toed cap wise to Marner, Tavares, and Matthews. It’s nuts. Nylander is at 6.9 which means bye bye Kreider for a vast improved younger player.

My take is similar

Don’t think they’re shopping him. Doubt they’d even offer him. I think they’d have to be asked directly and explicitly.

I didn’t put Nylander out there expressly because they have that money committed to him. Not saying try wouldn’t move him, but I think he’s a guy they identify as part of that core much more so than Kapanen.

They seem reluctant to deal one of these younger forwards to begin with. Probably more reluctant to move a guy that’s playing a big role and that they’ve pointed to as part of that core.

Was thinking this, because I think they feel that Nylanders contract is an overpayment and have probably wanted out of it the second he signed it.

Make it a deal of two overpayments, that can potentially solve team needs. The Rangers throw in the sweetener because Skjei isn't doing his part to fullfil his end of the contract. Nylanders been ok...

Was thinking this, because I think they feel that Nylanders contract is an overpayment and have probably wanted out of it the second he signed it.

Make it a deal of two overpayments, that can potentially solve team needs. The Rangers throw in the sweetener because Skjei isn't doing his part to fullfil his end of the contract. Nylanders been ok...

Nylander is on pace for 36 goals and 72 points. I really doubt they think he's overpaid. It's actually a great rate and contract for the production. But they might rather re-appropriate his caphit to other parts of the team though when they already have Tavares/Matthews/Marner/Kapanen/Johnsson.