Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Georgiev is in Rangers' Long-Term Plans?

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    He can't be sent down or he'll have to pass through waivers.
    My bad. Didn't realize how much he played last season.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Yet I have a suspicion you'd be one of the first to say "Trevor Moore? Who the fuck is that?"

If there's a market they'll move him. If there's not, they won't. The worst that happens is that the Rangers retain a 24 year old goalie who's proven he can play in the NHL. Doesn't seem so bad to me.
    Huh? Toronto got a decent goalie and a very serviceable player for nothing. Somehow the Rangers were thinking they would get a legit player for their backup goalie. Reportedly Kapanen wasn't going to be enough.... Kapanen. If Toronto was offering Moore, then Gorton needs his head examined for thinking he could do better than Kapanen. You can't shoot for the stars when trying to ditch your backup goalie. I said so since the beginning.

Banned Junior Division
    I think the rangers asked for Kappanen and Toronto hung up the phone laughing

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    12. Alexandar Georgiev, Rangers – The Rangers are willing to stick with the three-goalie situation as long as they have to, which is understandable. You’re not giving away young talent. But it’s definitely not ideal, especially for a veteran like Henrik Lundqvist who is accustomed to regular work. “For almost 14 years, I was used to being out there playing,” he said after a recent game. “Now, it’s different. You try to adjust to it. In the end, you want to be out there to help the team … it’s different, that’s for sure. In the end, you try to understand the big picture.”
    https://theathletic.com/1598173/2020...-the-deadline/
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Converted Naysayer Midget Division
    Hank's an ultimate competitor. I feel for the guy, but even as an athlete, there's a shelf life...especially for goalies. He's been tremendous here, and I salute the guy for his effort on and off the ice. I would really like to see Hank win a Stanley Cup...or at least take a good run at it. If Hank reconsiders his no trade clause it really would help the Rangers, and most likely the team he goes to.

I think that Hank can raise his game still. Is he what he once was? probably not, but he's definitely capable of winning playoff games for a contender.

Senior Member Midget Division
    I'm agreeing Ozzy 99%. Yes, Hank has that inward desire and capacity to raise the mental game -- he'd be up for any challenge. I question if the motor skills are still there. His glove hand has been suspicious for a while now and without a seriously sharp glove, as a goalie, he's a bit compromised in effectiveness IMO. Pick a goalie to take to a Cup final? Sure, I'm going to take Hank based on faith, heart and desire. And I'll deal with the consequences. But to be honest, he just ain't all there...not anymore.

Senior Member Bantam Division Sharpshooter's Avatar
    I think Colorado would be a great fit for him. They are stacked enough to where they could get by with his deficiencies. He could play just well enough on that team and still get plenty of support. He would need to be on a super team like that. Tampa and Washington are like that too, but they obviously already have stalwarts in goal. He's most likely not going anywhere anyway, but I'd like to see him on the Avalanche.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    He's not gonna get traded...
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Bantam Division Sharpshooter's Avatar
    I know. lol I do think something needs to happen soon, though. This three goalie system is not good for anybody. Just trade Georgiev so he can play regularly somewhere. Give Shesterkin the majority of the remaning starts and have Henrik settle in as the veteran backup and mentor. Next year give Shesterkin 60 games or so. This will be good for all three. I don't think Gorton is going to get a King's random for Georgiev, if that's what he thinks.

Converted Naysayer Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    He's not gonna get traded...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    I know. lol I do think something needs to happen soon, though. This three goalie system is not good for anybody. Just trade Georgiev so he can play regularly somewhere. Give Shesterkin the majority of the remaning starts and have Henrik settle in as the veteran backup and mentor. Next year give Shesterkin 60 games or so. This will be good for all three. I don't think Gorton is going to get a King's random for Georgiev, if that's what he thinks.
    If Georgie doesn't go by the deadline, he's most likely going to be a draft day deal. I don't expect Hank to go, be bought out or retire. We signed him for that term and that's exactly what we're going to get.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    I find it funny how there was all this talk of Bracco being such a good return for us in a deal for Georgiev, yet with all the injuries Toronto has had Bracco has yet to be called up. And thank god we didn’t get Johanssen—-out for the year—seems like he’s always getting hurt—this year is no different.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wiskers View Post
    I find it funny how there was all this talk of Bracco being such a good return for us in a deal for Georgiev, yet with all the injuries Toronto has had Bracco has yet to be called up. And thank god we didn’t get Johanssen—-out for the year—seems like he’s always getting hurt—this year is no different.

Not many Rangers fans were high on Bracco.

Johnsson crashed into a teammate... Kapanen, and got hurt.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    It's true, though, they're going to dress Malgin over Bracco. Ouch, and Keefe was Bracco's coach. Double ouch.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    Not only Malgin but they also just traded for Max Veronneau.

Wrong thread.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Incoming JF Berube.

What?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Can't do the link on my phone. Rangers just announced it for futures.

Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    Can't do the link on my phone. Rangers just announced it for futures.
    Hartford playoff push...nothing more.

But I thought some here had Shesterkin heading back down there once we were eliminated. Along with some others.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast