• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Georgiev is in Rangers' Long-Term Plans?

Phil

Some stuff flying around that they turned down Kapanen and Bracco. I find that hard to believe. More like that is what they are asking for Georgiev. Hank carried this organization forever. Teams never scored goals for him in the playoffs. This has to be embarrassing for him. Unfortunately, they probably are trying to show him what is going to happen. Retire, organization pay his remaining salary, buyout or accept a trade. Always sad to see the end for an all time great player for the team you cheer for. Never ends well. Hank is really putting the team in a tough spot. The best thing going forward is to have Georgiev and Shesterkin here. Not Hank.
Stuff flying around where? Got any links?

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some stuff flying around that they turned down Kapanen and Bracco. I find that hard to believe. More like that is what they are asking for Georgiev. Hank carried this organization forever. Teams never scored goals for him in the playoffs. This has to be embarrassing for him. Unfortunately, they probably are trying to show him what is going to happen. Retire, organization pay his remaining salary, buyout or accept a trade. Always sad to see the end for an all time great player for the team you cheer for. Never ends well. Hank is really putting the team in a tough spot. The best thing going forward is to have Georgiev and Shesterkin here. Not Hank.

This isn't how we source info here. I appreciate you jumping right in, but "some stuff flying around" isn't gonna cut it. We need links or at the very least a credit to where the information is coming from (example: "According to Friedman, yadda yadda).

A Twitter poster: ?It seems JD needs to sit with Hank and tell him what the next 1.5 seasons will look like and ask him again if he will waive the no-trade. They are better NOW with Georgiev and Shesterkin. On a given day, Hank can win a game by himself, but he is not the best goalie on the team.?

To me, the Shestorkin/Georgiev tandem is OUR best goalie tandem going forward as this team evolves into a legit NHL Cup contender. Hank?s time has come and passed since I don?t believe we are a ?Cup? team next season. If what I?m thinking plays out, we?ll be ready to run the table 2-thru-4 years from today. That span won?t have Henrik in net.

So why not make the tough decision now and let Henrik know he?ll be well-paid to ?mentor and advise? from the Press Box? Costly? Yes. Unfathomable? Probably. Possible? Sure.

While it would be great to keep Georgiev in the fold, if Hank won’t waive his NMC or has no plans to retire before next year, eventually he has to go.

They technically can carry 3 goalies, they just won’t for the next year and a half, and while we are all speculating that Georgiev goes by deadline, this may wait till Summer. Not too common for goalies to move during the season.

If they do lose him, there are other goalies in the system and the Rangers have shown no issue or reluctance in developing their own, so while you might hate to lose an established reliable option in Georgiev, it’s not a major issue to me

I think you get less for Georgiev over the summer than you would now though. Especially if it’s to a team like Toronto that is watching it’s season slip by.

That I agree with, cause teams aren’t desperate in the summer.

Just was pointing out that it’s

A) Not necessary for them to move a goalie now. They have the roster spot and the cap space to keep 3 for now.

B) Not too common that goalies move in season.

I think you get less for Georgiev over the summer than you would now though. Especially if it’s to a team like Toronto that is watching it’s season slip by.

Summer you could have a few more teams in on the bidding - Edmonton, Calgary, Detroit, Ottawa

Summer you could have a few more teams in on the bidding - Edmonton, Calgary, Detroit, Ottawa

Lol

Yup that’s totally true too man

Also, not knowing what Georgiev is or how both this organization and others actually view him.

Is he a starter or backup or a tandem guy, which tandem guys are becoming more of a thing.

If it’s a starter, is he a guy you can win a cup with?

These are factors too

Lol

Yup that’s totally true too man

Also, not knowing what Georgiev is or how both this organization and others actually view him.

Is he a starter or backup or a tandem guy, which tandem guys are becoming more of a thing.

If it’s a starter, is he a guy you can win a cup with?

These are factors too

If you think he's a starter, then he's a starter that can win a cup. Murray won what two cups? That guy absolutely blows.

If you think he's a starter, then he's a starter that can win a cup. Murray won what two cups? That guy absolutely blows.

I don't know how fair that is...He's not good now, after a ton of injuries. He wasn't when they won their cups.

For what it’s worth Gord Stellick is on NHL Hockey Central Radio right now

He just said that the Rangers are looking for a number 1 goalie kind of return on Georgiev.

Based on the Toronto rumors and what we've heard, it certainly appears that way. It seems as though the Rangers rank Georgiev's value up near Kapanen, which would absolutely be a #1 goalie return. The Leafs value him somewhere around Bracco (and maybe a pick). The middle ground here is really someone like Johnsson, and it could just be a matter of both sides waiting on the other to blink first. I think the Leafs are in a more pressing situation, given the playoff expectations they have. No sweat off the Rangers back if they hold onto 3 goalies for the rest of the year. If Gorton is waiting them out for a maximized return, it's the correct call.

Based on the Toronto rumors and what we've heard, it certainly appears that way. It seems as though the Rangers rank Georgiev's value up near Kapanen, which would absolutely be a #1 goalie return. The Leafs value him somewhere around Bracco (and maybe a pick). The middle ground here is really someone like Johnsson, and it could just be a matter of both sides waiting on the other to blink first. I think the Leafs are in a more pressing situation, given the playoff expectations they have. No sweat off the Rangers back if they hold onto 3 goalies for the rest of the year. If Gorton is waiting them out for a maximized return, it's the correct call.

I think that’s exactly right.

35 days till the deadline. If it gets the best return, use every one of those days

Much as I think the Devils did ok on Hall contrary to what most think, they could have done better and waiting would have helped.

I think that?s exactly right.

35 days till the deadline. If it gets the best return, use every one of those days

Much as I think the Devils did ok on Hall contrary to what most think, they could have done better and waiting would have helped.

35 days for one of the 3 Rangers goalies to get hurt and throw that wrench into the fold. Gotta work that phone and get rid of Georgiev while his value is as high as it is now, and while it makes sense to do so.

35 days for one of the 3 Rangers goalies to get hurt and throw that wrench into the fold. Gotta work that phone and get rid of Georgiev while his value is as high as it is now, and while it makes sense to do so.

Can’t let the potential of injuries effect the logical path.

No reason to believe Georgiev’s value will drop. Even if he had a poor stretch of games, everyone does. Especially a younger guy hearing his name in trade rumors. The league has seen him. They know his ability