• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Georgiev is in Rangers' Long-Term Plans?

Phil

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude ,i dont think Toronto is that stupid

I honestly think it's somewhat even. They get the goalie they are looking for, a young defensive Dman, and an NHL level forward, who could benefit from playing with elite talent and a change of scenery. Would anyone be willing to give up a defensive prospect in such a deal? Or downgrade to Kapanen?

Georgie and Shesterkin could be the best tandem in the league in a year or two. Fucking shame they're more likely than not to move him. Seems like Gorton is asking for a king's ransom and he should be. I'd ask for a 1st.

I sell as soon as possible. Remember when Talbot was going to be a no doubter? Is he even in the league at this point?

Fucking good! Strange, this deadline is gonna be the opposite of how I usually am. Instead of wondering who's going, I'll be on the edge of my seat wondering who's staying.

Yup. They may absolutely pivot and decide to pay Kreider 7M rather than Buchnevich 5M or whatever he'll wind up getting when he's up for his next contract in July 2021. Then you find Buchnevich on the chopping block.

Yup. They may absolutely pivot and decide to pay Kreider 7M rather than Buchnevich 5M or whatever he'll wind up getting when he's up for his next contract in July 2021. Then you find Buchnevich on the chopping block.

I would not pay buch 5. Hopefully he'll be replaced by Kakko in his current role before too long.

Would hank play for NJ? He could live in NYC and give the Devils some stability in net. Unorthodox but so is having old faithful under contract with two up and comers on his tail who will be the next generation goalies for this team. They need to entice him with an in division trade or send him somewhere pretty like San Jose.

Would hank play for NJ? He could live in NYC and give the Devils some stability in net. Unorthodox but so is having old faithful under contract with two up and comers on his tail who will be the next generation goalies for this team. They need to entice him with an in division trade or send him somewhere pretty like San Jose.

At the risk of sounding like I'm flaming you, this is obscene. We both know this would never happen. This is the equivalent of asking the inverse — "would Brodeur play for the Rangers?"

No. Full stop. "Unorthodox" doesn't even begin to accurately describe this idea.

The Maple Leafs are interested in Alexandar Georgiev. But how much can they justify giving up?

But what?s clear is Toronto has inquired multiple times this season about New York Rangers goaltender Alexandar Georgiev, a 23-year-old who has quickly gone from undrafted free agent in 2017 to a promising prospect at the NHL level.

To date, the Rangers? asking price has been high. They want a quality young player who can play now, not a pick or a prospect, for the young Russian netminder.

The result is a bit of a stalemate, as the Leafs (and other suitors) haven?t been willing to meet that price for a goalie who has only started 60 NHL games.

Both teams have kept trade talks quiet, so specifics are somewhat lacking. But it?s believed that the Leafs are willing to part with futures ? including someone like AHLer Jeremy Bracco ? in order to land Georgiev. The Rangers, however, are asking for more established players, presumably, the likes of Leafs forwards Kasperi Kapanen, Andreas Johnsson or Alexander Kerfoot.

That?s going to be a no-go for Toronto, especially in a 1-for-1 scenario. While the Leafs would potentially move a forward like that to upgrade on their blue line in the coming weeks, it doesn?t make much sense for them to give up one of their primary trade chips for a goaltender who may only play a handful of games for them the rest of the season.

https://theathletic.com/1541182/2020/01/17/mirtle-the-maple-leafs-are-interested-in-alexandar-georgiev-but-how-much-can-they-justify-giving-up/?redirected=1

The Maple Leafs are interested in Alexandar Georgiev. But how much can they justify giving up?

https://theathletic.com/1541182/2020/01/17/mirtle-the-maple-leafs-are-interested-in-alexandar-georgiev-but-how-much-can-they-justify-giving-up/?redirected=1

Interesting....We'll win the waiting game on this I believe. Toronto needs another goalie BADLY for their run...and there's a price for it. Georgie is red hot right now and I think Gorton is the one holding 4 aces up his sleeve.

At the risk of sounding like I'm flaming you, this is obscene. We both know this would never happen. This is the equivalent of asking the inverse — "would Brodeur play for the Rangers?"

No. Full stop. "Unorthodox" doesn't even begin to accurately describe this idea.

If Hank wants to keep playing until he is 42 like Marty he may need to be more open minded when it comes to deciding where he might go. The Rangers are clearly better off without him at this point.

On the latest Up in the Bluecoats, Brooks was talking about how Colorado is looking for a goaltender. Rumors were that they might want Hank, but Brooks was saying there is nothing behind it, and no calls have come in for Hank and Gorton and JD haven't even approached Hank about waiving his NTC. Brooks was saying the plan is for Shesterkin to be here the rest of the season.

why would Georgie only play a handful of games for the leafs? he's not a pending UFA. and there's a possibility he might end up their #1. im not following the logic here

On the latest Up in the Bluecoats, Brooks was talking about how Colorado is looking for a goaltender. Rumors were that they might want Hank, but Brooks was saying there is nothing behind it, and no calls have come in for Hank and Gorton and JD haven't even approached Hank about waiving his NTC. Brooks was saying the plan is for Shesterkin to be here the rest of the season.

yay!!!!