• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Georgiev is in Rangers' Long-Term Plans?

Phil

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's insane. Definitely talking up the asking price through the media.

I don't think anyone would turn that offer down.

Really? I'm not sure that's a slam dunk at all imo. Meaning I think they keep fishing before jumping on that if offered then maybe circle back.

I’d trade Georgiev for Kapanen even if they rangers didn’t have Lundqvist or Shesterkin

I'd make that trade too, but Georgiev for Kapanen likely not on the table otherwise the deal would probably be done. Wouldn't be the first time that the media was used to float trade ideas or drive up the price of an asset.

Really? I'm not sure that's a slam dunk at all imo. Meaning I think they keep fishing before jumping on that if offered then maybe circle back.

Insane. This kid has no body of work besides this year to go off of. If they can get a dynamic scorer who is that young for the BACK UP goalie, they better jump on it.

Someone else can certainly offer a goalie for much less. If they don't take that offer then they are seriously in for a surprise when they get no offers and teams move on.

Flash in the pan. Get something for him NOW.

I don't. Georgie is the better, long term option in NY. He's useful to us. If other teams want him, they need to pay for it.

I mean, I agree with the first bit.

But he's obviously not going anywhere if they're trying to get someone like Kapanen in a 1 for 1.

Depends if they're actually trying to trade him or not I guess. They're obviously over reaching massively with that kind of ask.

Seems like it might be by design.

I mean, I agree with the first bit.

But he's obviously not going anywhere if they're trying to get someone like Kapanen in a 1 for 1.

Depends if they're actually trying to trade him or not I guess. They're obviously over reaching massively with that kind of ask.

Seems like it might be by design.

Definitely by design and a negotiating tactic.

Ask for a price above your desired/expected/realistic return and see if you get it. Wiggle room to move down

He is an NHL goaltender though for sure.

Perhaps he’s a starter

Not ridiculous to think that’s a possibility

If they get a young winger under contract in a Georgiev deal, that seals Kreider’s fate. Most likely.

That or it pushes Buch out the door and into a deal to a team looking to rebuild or retool. Maybe they can get a reclamation project type guy in return. Or maybe they can put him in a deal which includes a bad contract like Staal or Smith ORRRR Skjei.

That or it pushes Buch out the door and into a deal to a team looking to rebuild or retool. Maybe they can get a reclamation project type guy in return. Or maybe they can put him in a deal which includes a bad contract like Staal or Smith ORRRR Skjei.

That’s possible.

But Kreider is the one on an expiring contract.

If Butch goes, its down the road a ways.

Wonder what we would get for Skjei and Buch in a trade. Honestly have no idea what either of them are ?worth?. Decent numbers and both have potential, but both been strugling lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Wonder what we would get for Skjei and Buch in a trade. Honestly have no idea what either of them are ?worth?. Decent numbers and both have potential, but both been strugling lately.

If I were Holland in Edmonton, I’d inquire on them both.

They could use help both on the wing and on the left side of D

Skjei may be a key to some cap relief. He's underachieving, but isn't completely useless. I'd rather deal him than buy out Smith and or Staal. Obviously I'd rather trade Staal and or Smith. Heck I'd like all three gone. Fill in with kids. Hajek can easily do what Skjei and Staal are contributing. If he can't, bring up Keane, Rykov or whoever deserves a call up. I'm sure they can acquire a 3rd pairing guy or 2 if needed..

If I'm the Rangers, I try to deal Georgiev, Skjei and Buch. Bringing back a winger that can play in the top 6, a defensive minded center, and a prospect (not in any order here).

But Im definitely ok with trading any of them for little return, if they can include Staal or Smith.