• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Georgiev is in Rangers' Long-Term Plans?

Phil

Where are we getting $13 million from, out of curiosity?

He was owed $12.5 million in total compensation this year and next.

He’s already received his $1 million in bonus this year and they’ve paid him half of his $6 million in base salary

He’s owed $5.5 next year.

$1 million in bonus plus 4.5 in base

As of now, I believe hes owed about 8.5 million total for the last 18 months of his contract.

Could be wrong but I think it’s adding it Shattnkirks dead cap space

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not only the defense.

But nobody with an ounce of sense walks away from $13 million.

Oh I see it now

Yeah

I don?t think they?re rushing to line up for more dead cap space either

7.5 million in dead cap is on the books for next year. And they still have 2 more years each of Girardi and Shatty after next year which eats up about 2.5 each of those 2

Need to avoid buyouts at this point

They had one bullet on that and they spent it on Shatty

With Staal, Smith, Hank, and the big portion of Shatty?s buyout being over with next summer, that?s a ton of space they?ll recoup

I don?t see them fucking with that

God no. He brings very little these days and even him at a discount probably costs as much if not more than giving someone more deserving a chance from within.

They can find a younger, more mobile yet still veteran defenseman to be a bottom pair or 7th D.

They’ll have no shortage of options to fill that spot and do it affordably.

Huh? Didn't they buy out Girardi?

All of those contracts were their 2nd contracts, then re-signed.

As in, even their best players turned out to be detriments in the cap era.

Most importantly, long contracts DONT work.

All of those contracts were their 2nd contracts, then re-signed.

As in, even their best players turned out to be detriments in the cap era.

Most importantly, long contracts DONT work.

I'd amend that - long UFA-age contracts don't work. I'm not sure I can recall a long contract awarded to a young RFA (24 or younger) that backfired and wasn't an attempt to circumvent the cap.

I'd amend that - long UFA-age contracts don't work. I'm not sure I can recall a long contract awarded to a young RFA (24 or younger) that backfired and wasn't an attempt to circumvent the cap.

Well, if it happened, they didn’t finish out the contract with NY.

I went back to the 2005 lockout when looking. I may have missed something, though. But out of all the players to be in NY for 15 seasons, and only 3 finished contracts of 4/5 years or more... well...

(I am also the person that usually says “don’t worry about next seasons cap, it’s never been an issue”)

In terms of Staal and Girardi, I think most of us assumed it was one or the other. I re,enter many of us surprised they signed Staal after previously signing Girardi.

And I think we all thought both terms were bad. I think most here wanted to trade Girardi instead of re-signing him..

I don't know much about him other than he's 25. He's a 3rd liner, yeah?

Yeah looks like a 3rd liner that gets some pp time on the second unit. Potted 20 last year .

Just looking at their cap hits. Who the hell is going to play defense for them next year? Lol. Give em Skjei and Georgiev and we will take Nylander and his contract :)

Yeah looks like a 3rd liner that gets some pp time on the second unit. Potted 20 last year .

Just looking at their cap hits. Who the hell is going to play defense for them next year? Lol. Give em Skjei and Georgiev and we will take Nylander and his contract :)

Pietrangelo. Duh.