• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Georgiev is in Rangers' Long-Term Plans?

Phil

At the risk of sounding like I'm flaming you, this is obscene. We both know this would never happen. This is the equivalent of asking the inverse — "would Brodeur play for the Rangers?"

No. Full stop. "Unorthodox" doesn't even begin to accurately describe this idea.

It's all good. Just thinking of options because losing our two promising goalies isn't the best scenario just to appease the old guard. They gave him an immovable contract and begs the question; how can they proceed without screwing the new team. Answer would be dealing Hank but obviously on his terms.

Sending away Georgiev isn't the best scenario but is the most likely to occur. We better get a haul for him though because he is the only goalie who has proven their worth at the NHL Level this far.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all good. Just thinking of options because losing our two promising goalies isn't the best scenario just to appease the old guard. They gave him an immovable contract and begs the question; how can they proceed without screwing the new team. Answer would be dealing Hank but obviously on his terms.

Sending away Georgiev isn't the best scenario but is the most likely to occur. We better get a haul for him though because he is the only goalie who has proven their worth at the NHL Level this far.

It's not appeasing the old guard. Lundqvist is (arguably) the better backup, albeit at like 8x the cost.

Sending Georgiev away is the easiest solution, however, no matter how you cut it.

Time is on our side right now...I wouldn't mind a little bidding war between Colorado and Toronto!!!

Gorton is sitting pretty at present....

Kreider is HOT

Georgiev is HOTTER

ADA is ON FIRE!!!

I gotta admit...the speculation & everyone's insight is fun to read! =)

Time is on our side right now...I wouldn't mind a little bidding war between Colorado and Toronto!!!

Gorton is sitting pretty at present....

Kreider is HOT

Georgiev is HOTTER

ADA is ON FIRE!!!

I gotta admit...the speculation & everyone's insight is fun to read! =)

Don't forget to throw Philly in there with Hart hurt.

Hi Joel Farabee.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Rangers asking a kings ransom but we'll "settle" for less. Simple sales strategy. The Rangers have some leverage here. It's a win/win any way we shake it. Geo is valuable to any team, including us.

Is there a possibility that we re-sign Georgie then move him after the signing?

I'm thinking if we sign him, we'll keep him. I just don't see that happening with Hank still in the fold for another year. It would make the most sense I think to let the team we deal him to, negotiate his next deal....just my take.

Varlamov got a 1st and a 2nd when he got traded to Colorado. He was then 1 year younger than Georgiev and started 1 less NHL game.

Georgiev + 1 of Hajek/Rykov for Kapanen and Bracco. Toronto get a goalie and a D prospect that can come in and play right away, we get a forward that can play right away and a forward prospect. We have too many D prospects anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk