• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Georgiev is in Rangers' Long-Term Plans?

Phil

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd amend that - long UFA-age contracts don't work. I'm not sure I can recall a long contract awarded to a young RFA (24 or younger) that backfired and wasn't an attempt to circumvent the cap.
Long term contracts with NMC don't work....have to be able to have an out in the case it doesn't work out.

@NYCKrash

Aren't the rangers on the hook for his retirement? I thought with a hard cap and his age at signing he was guaranteed the pay.

Is there a way to double check?

@NYCKrash

I believe you are thinking of the 35+ age contracts. Henrik signed his before he was 35 and those other contracts like aLuongo were meant to circumvent the cap so the latest bargaining agreement penalized those type of contracts retroactively if a player retired.

Think that’s basically right lol

I believe you are thinking of the 35+ age contracts. Henrik signed his before he was 35 and those other contracts like aLuongo were meant to circumvent the cap so the latest bargaining agreement penalized those type of contracts retroactively if a player retired.

Think that?s basically right lol

Makes sense

@NYCKrash

Does the author work for the leafs?

Can’t say I disagree with him.

The Rangers ask appears to be far above market value, and the idea of Kapanen not being enough is utterly ridiculous.

In fact, it makes me think the Rangers aren’t actively looking to trade him unless someone gets desperate enough to massively over pay.

In normal circumstances Bracco straight up would be a good deal.

Seems everyone throws out Bracco?s name in trades but if Bracco was as good as people think then he would have been up playing in the NHL by now. Keefe was his HC for 2 plus seasons?he has seen Bracco enough to know if he?s ready to play in the NHL, but he?s not. And when you see that Mikheyev, Engvall and Moore have all been brought up ahead of him. I, I question just how good he is. I mean if you?re Toronto wouldn?t you want to give him a shot and see what you have before you move him? So I?m a little hesitant to make a 1 for 1 with Bracco.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Seems everyone throws out Bracco’s name in trades but if Bracco was as good as people think then he would have been up playing in the NHL by now. Keefe was his HC for 2 plus seasons—he has seen Bracco enough to know if he’s ready to play in the NHL, but he’s not. And when you see that Mikheyev, Engvall and Moore have all been brought up ahead of him. I, I question just how good he is. I mean if you’re Toronto wouldn’t you want to give him a shot and see what you have before you move him? So I’m a little hesitant to make a 1 for 1 with Bracco.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He's a ppg player in the AHL over the last two seasons, at age 20/21. That type of prospect straight up for a backup goaltender seems like a pretty good deal.

I imagine the main reason he's in the AHL is Toronto's excellent strength in depth when it comes to playmaking forwards. The guys you mention are a different type of players afaik.

Bracco is probably correct value, but fuck that. How many pass first, second, and third guys do we need?

I'd rather look elsewhere.

I don't know the player particularly well.

My point was more that if the Rangers are actively looking to move him, they probably wouldn't turn down a player like that straight up. Lord knows they need forward depth.

I'd roll the dice on Bracco but absolutely not straight up. I don't think a 2nd with him is enough either. I don't know what else they can do to make it more appealing to deal Georgiev.

Agree on not straight up. I think they need 2 pieces of some value too.

Would you feel differently if it was a high 2nd?

Agree on not straight up. I think they need 2 pieces of some value too.

Would you feel differently if it was a high 2nd?

I'd actually prefer an "almost ready for prime time" prospect or player that can contribute. I actually don't think we're that far from being a playoff team that can make some noise;

A little more experience...

a little more sound defense...

A lot better on Face off's

...and most importantly SHOOT THE FUCKING THING MORE!!! :rofl:

But we're not too far away. I'd say the season after next....but that's my guess.

I'd actually prefer an "almost ready for prime time" prospect or player that can contribute. I actually don't think we're that far from being a playoff team that can make some noise;

A little more experience...

a little more sound defense...

A lot better on Face off's

...and most importantly SHOOT THE FUCKING THING MORE!!! :rofl:

But we're not too far away. I'd say the season after next....but that's my guess.

Bracco would qualify as that kind of prospect IMO

He doesn’t have that 1st round pedigree. But a 22-year-old who’s got 111 points in his last 115 games and 143 points in 165 games total in the AHL is a ready or close to ready NHL prospect

He’d be in the NHL now in most organizations

Plus the Rangers don’t have tons of wing depth.

He fits

I do think though that since they’re trading a known commodity in Georgiev for an unknown one in Bracco in this hypothetical, they need another piece. A low 1st and Bracco is probably the ideal return. Too bad they don’t have a 1st

If Toronto wants to give a roster forward, namely Kapanen Johnsson or Kerfoot I’ll take it, but it represents an overpayment

and they probably NEED that piece to trade for a D which is the far bigger need.

What else is in their organization that makes the deal better?

He doesn’t have that 1st round pedigree. But a 22-year-old who’s got 111 points in his last 115 games and 143 points in 165 games total in the AHL is a ready or close to ready NHL prospect

He fits

I do think though that since they’re trading a known commodity in Georgiev for an unknown one in Bracco in this hypothetical, they need another piece. A low 1st and Bracco is probably the ideal return. Too bad they don’t have a 1st

If Toronto wants to give a roster forward, namely Kapanen Johnsson or Kerfoot I’ll take it, but it represents an overpayment

and they probably NEED that piece to trade for a D which is the far bigger need.

I mean, you’re not getting a high pick + a prospect like Bracco for a backup goalie. Certainly not a young, unproven goaltender with less than 70 games under his belt. That’s literally never happened before.

If that’s what they’re looking for it’s not going to happen.

And like I said, the Rangers ask suggests they’re not really looking to move him unless someone comes up with a ridiculous offer.

He fits

Good question!

The only thing is that I think some of us Rangers fans over value Georgiev a little bit. The guy's a solid backup, but I don't consider him in the company of Fleury, Price, Hank, etc. At the start of the season, I was thinking if we got anything of value at all for him, it would be a tremendous shot in the arm. I just hope we don't get too greedy and blow this thing.

I do think Gorton has the luxury to hold out a little bit longer, but not much. There are teams that are going to need a guy like Georgie coming down the stretch, either to make the playoffs or to rest their big gun a little before they start. Either way, we'll win out, but at this point I believe we're playing with house money.

We shall soon see how it goes; I'm really looking forward to seeing this regime do it's thing at the deadline.

Good question!

The only thing is that I think some of us Rangers fans over value Georgiev a little bit. The guy's a solid backup, but I don't consider him in the company of Fleury, Price, Hank, etc. At the start of the season, I was thinking if we got anything of value at all for him, it would be a tremendous shot in the arm. I just hope we don't get too greedy and blow this thing.

I do think Gorton has the luxury to hold out a little bit longer, but not much. There are teams that are going to need a guy like Georgie coming down the stretch, either to make the playoffs or to rest their big gun a little before they start. Either way, we'll win out, but at this point I believe we're playing with house money.

We shall soon see how it goes; I'm really looking forward to seeing this regime do it's thing at the deadline.

They can wait till the draft, honestly if they want.

This situation with 3 goalies isn’t ideal.

But if it persists for another 2 months and change till season’s end, it’s manageable