• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Likelihood of a Kreider+Georgiev+Andersson Package Deal and Likely Return?

RangersIn7

Much speculation with Kreider moving out due to UFA status.

Add in the speculation and surrounding interest in Georgiev and now Andersson asking for a trade.

Kreider is a straight rental regardless. But adding in a couple of young, controllable pieces moving forward, they could potentially get a nice return if they combined all 3.

Any thoughts on how likely this might be, what destinations might be possible, and what a plausible return might be?

Kreider will go to a contender. I doubt a contender will be interested in a Georgie unless they had a significant injury to a goalie. At this point they will be lucky to get much of anything for Anderson. I could see a Kreider being packaged with Fast for a better return.

Too rich for Toronto to not get their Defenseman.

I think you' have to look at Edmonton... but they have goalies, and Andersson wouldnt do much for them. So the return is lower than you'd want.

TB - dont need a G

Pit - trying to get rid of a goalie

COL - no goalie

I mean, Kreider will get you alot. Only 1 or 2 teams are looking at Georgiev for the playoffs, and Andersson is an irrelevant throw in for this season. I dont think this would be the right combination of players to lump together.

All 3 together are slim. I honestly think we get more in return for different deals as two teams assets are kind of better than one. The only team I can see right now that would be interested in both Kreider and Georgiev would be Columbus. A goalie injury might change that.

Carolina has to be looking for a goalie

I thought about them too, as well as Calgary, but Kreider supposedly nixing any trades to Canada gave me pause.

Carolina is scoring themselves out of trouble. But Mrazek isn’t a starter. Neither is Reimer. I’m

Not saying Georgiev is. But this is a young team.

Maybe they like adding Kreider’s size and experience with that skill set, plus a goalie they feel might be not only an upgrade but also maybe their starter moving forward. And they’d get Andersson and a chance at rehabilitating him

What team needs all three and can fit them? They're likely going in separate deals, and Andersson isn't going anywhere anytime soon. He's hurt (self-admitted) and his stock is negative value.

Arizona?

Kreider would be a heck of a pickup for them; he'd fit them to a T. Arizona's goalies can't stay healthy, and the Yotes love them some Swedes.

Hard part is that the Yotes don't have a 1st and likely won't part with a prospect worth making the deal for. Also that this is a fantasyland deal for all three to go together.

Arizona?

Kreider would be a heck of a pickup for them; he'd fit them to a T. Arizona's goalies can't stay healthy, and the Yotes love them some Swedes.

Hard part is that the Yotes don't have a 1st and likely won't part with a prospect worth making the deal for. Also that this is a fantasyland deal for all three to go together.

I’m aware of that

It’s a talking point

Arizona?

Have $0 in cap space.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Too rich for Toronto to not get their Defenseman.

I think you' have to look at Edmonton... but they have goalies, and Andersson wouldnt do much for them. So the return is lower than you'd want.

TB - dont need a G

Pit - trying to get rid of a goalie

COL - no goalie

I mean, Kreider will get you alot. Only 1 or 2 teams are looking at Georgiev for the playoffs, and Andersson is an irrelevant throw in for this season. I dont think this would be the right combination of players to lump together.

Coyotes need a goalie, could use a D man too. I think my idea from the Smith thread of Georgiev, Andersson and one of Staal or Smith to the Yotes for a pick is in the realm of what the Rangers should be willing to do.

Kreider needs to bring back a haul. A first and good prospect, preferably a center. Or just a NHL proven forward on a good contract.