• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020 All-Star Jerseys Revealed

Phil

Same. Can't even remember the last All Star game I watched.

Would rather with all the potential for injuries they shut down once every 4 years for an Olympic tournament and once every 4th September for a World Cup than an ASG nobody watches. but Bettman and the ownership care more about giving one of their own a big weekend than spreading the game. The World Cup and Olympics have been great events and great for hockey. ASG are shit nobody cares about any more.

• Like 2

Would rather with all the potential for injuries they shut down once every 4 years for an Olympic tournament and once every 4th September for a World Cup than an ASG nobody watches. but Bettman and the ownership care more about giving one of their own a big weekend than spreading the game. The World Cup and Olympics have been great events and great for hockey. ASG are shit nobody cares about any more.

:clap:

Agreed

Not sure how you think there's more potential for injury in an ASG than OLY, but OK.

Not to mention the Olympics actually do nothing to grow the game, especially when played in a timezone unfriendly to the US. The IOC is more greedy and corrupt than any other sport except maybe FIFA.

That's what every hockey fan would want, and I would absolutely love to have that, but the chances of a player getting injured when they are laying it on the line for their country are astronomically larger than playing no checking pond hockey in the ASG.

I'd rather fix the all-star game.

The WC and Olympics should be separate from the NHL, IMO. Those tournaments can be held at anytime, and teams/players can decide what they want.

The ASG needs to go back to being "All" "Stars" in the game. The leagues top players. A showcase of talent. I mean Bertuzzi, Duclair, Palmieri, Korpisaolo, Jakob Silverberg. wtf

I'd rather fix the all-star game.

The WC and Olympics should be separate from the NHL, IMO. Those tournaments can be held at anytime, and teams/players can decide what they want.

The ASG needs to go back to being "All" "Stars" in the game. The leagues top players. A showcase of talent. I mean Bertuzzi, Duclair, Palmieri, Korpisaolo, Jakob Silverberg. wtf

Don't think the ASG is salvageable. It goes back to a time in all sports really when you rarely saw star players but occasionally on weekly national broadcasts. Now we see everyone all the time. All it is now is one NHL franchise getting 2 big gates in their arena. It doesn't do much or really anything else.

Under player contracts they cannot play in such a Olympic tournament without permission of the NHL team which holds their contract. Would happen occasionally that Petr Nedved or Bill Ranford would be a free agent and would go to the Olympics since they were not under an NHL contract. And recall Ovechkin toyed with the idea of playing in Sochi even though that would have violated his Caps' contract.

Like the World Cup, but that was controlled by the NHL. Which is how you got that stupid "Young Guns" nonsense. Because ....marketing!

I understand players are more likely to get hurt in the Olympics or a World Cup. While we will never go back to what they were as in 1980 or the early 1990s when there were only a few eastern Euro players in the NHL, would contend those tournaments do in fact do a great deal to sell the game. And ASG again do nothing but generate income for 1 franchise.