• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Lindgren to Have Hearing for Illegal Check to the Head of Joonas Donskoi

Phil

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely got the head but I think it was unintentional as he was trying to avoid Chytil and had only one path to make a hit

Agreed, man! But he did catch noggin' on the hit. Lindgren's not a head hunter, but he really does remind me of Konstantinov, the way he steps up and hits guys.

I think it's time to get us a little "insurance policy" for some of our players....(here we go! ;))

Is it telephone or in-person hearing?

I'm pretty sure they go over the hit on video to get the players take on it so it would have to be a video chat type or in person. Is the player safety board based in NYC? If it is, it would probably be in person because it's not cost prohibitive.

I hope this doesn't stop Lindgren from from smoking people. Not only the pure beating he took but a suspension on top of it might have him second guessing. For him to be effective, he needs this tool in his tool box.

It won't.

I hope this doesn't stop Lindgren from from smoking people. Not only the pure beating he took but a suspension on top of it might have him second guessing. For him to be effective, he needs this tool in his tool box.

That kid's a gamer! I think we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg with Lindy! I wanna see the Rangers get a watchdog, so he and others can play that way, and not have to worry about the extra curricular bullshit from guys like Kadri ever again.

Because jumping someone and pummeling them in the face is somehow less egregious than inadvertently catching someone's head when giving a body check at high speed.

if NHL wont discipline Kadri, I hope Haley gets himself suspended for 5 games re-arranging Kadri's skull

That kid's a gamer! I think we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg with Lindy! I wanna see the Rangers get a watchdog, so he and others can play that way, and not have to worry about the extra curricular bullshit from guys like Kadri ever again.

You think just because someone like Reaves is sitting on the bench, that'll stop Kadri from doing what he did? I don't. Kadri did what he should have done and what we would have been calling for if someone made that exact hit on one of our guys. We have some players that are capable of doing that already.

You think just because someone like Reaves is sitting on the bench, that'll stop Kadri from doing what he did? I don't. Kadri did what he should have done and what we would have been calling for if someone made that exact hit on one of our guys. .

I'm with you all the way here. Shoe is just on the other foot this time and Kadri stuck up for a team mate that got destroyed by a dirty hit. If we were on the other end of that hit I would hope somebody other than 48 would break out their purse and not Haley from the press box. Would love to have Reaves by the way but he isn't preventing anything. He would however hold someone accountable as best as possible in todays game. 48 tries to fill the role but he's no heavyweight.