• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Lindgren to Have Hearing for Illegal Check to the Head of Joonas Donskoi

Phil

take the hitting out of the game then. if someone has to "answer" for every hard hit, maybe there shouldn't be any hard hitting. maybe they should be pushing instead, or just cursing at each other.

That's the game though, my man. It's been played that way since the beginning. There's shit called "the unwritten rules" of the game;

Players that are noted tough guys are there for a reason; They're an insurance policy that their team's high priced talent doesn't get creamed. Although the Rangers do not employ such players, it is a concern for some teams, and they do indeed rest their laurels on the fact that a guy like Buff, or Reaves will try to deter an opposing player from pulling that kind of shit on one of their own guys. If it does happen, then part of their job is to exact some type revenge for the good of their team.

As for the dropping of the gloves;

Easy stuff: You drop 'em, you're fighting...it's that simple. If a guy doesn't wanna fight, he skates away. Look at all those times Claude Lemeiux skated away after antagonizing the shit out of other teams. I watched so many guys drop 'em against Lemeiux, wanting to KILL him, and he just skated away.

Lindgren, and I love him to death, and he isn't a bad fighter.....dropped the gloves. That signifies to me that he's ready to go. If you drop the gloves in a hockey game, trust me, it's not to show the other team your manicure!!! ;)

You can't take hitting out this game...it's always gonna be there and so is fighting. As much as people like to say the game has changed, yeah it has...but some things are always going to be there. A team simply has to be able to win a game on all fronts...not just speed, or talent. This team desperately needs some toughness, and not Michael Haley, or Brendan Smith.

If they get a big, rough, tough, promising young player in here...I think we'll see a different approach to teams taking liberties with Rangers players.

That's my opinion though, man...Not everyone agrees with the whole 'enforcer' approach, that's why I break Pete's balls about it, and I try not to beat it to death....(try is the key word there, Pete!) LOL

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea great pause. The very next frame is Kadri punching Lindgren in the face with Lindgren's gloves still on.

Not sure if you're following the thread or know how a hockey fight works, but they squared up and Kadri took him to school.

Regardless...this is what was said in the thread..."He was jumped from behind". False. They squared up.

Pretty sure the coaching staff is telling Lindgren to get his gloves off faster if he's going to turn and face the bell there.

Not sure if you're following the thread or know how a hockey fight works, but they squared up and Kadri took him to school.

Regardless...this is what was said in the thread..."He was jumped from behind". False. They squared up.

Pretty sure the coaching staff is telling Lindgren to get his gloves off faster if he's going to turn and face the bell there.

Classic Pete. "You're opinion is different, so you don't know how anything works."

Therein lies the greatest issue with replay. You can post a screen shot and say the squared up. When you watch it at real speed its clear they didn't. Lindgren got a stick in the kidney. Is he supposed to not turn and look at the guy? Before he can even process who it is he has a fist in is eye.

Classic Pete. "You're opinion is different, so you don't know how anything works."

Therein lies the greatest issue with replay. You can post a screen shot and say the squared up. When you watch it at real speed its clear they didn't. Lindgren got a stick in the kidney. Is he supposed to not turn and look at the guy? Before he can even process who it is he has a fist in is eye.

There's no opinion on "from behind". It wasn't from behind. End of story.

And yes, he didn't have to turn around. It doesn't matter who it was. He could have turtled and skated away and hid behind a ref like Zadorov does. He turned around, therefore it's not "from behind". There is no way you can argue that. Zero.

Next time he should probably instantly turtle after delivering a hit that concusses somebody. That way he avoids the beat down. If he wasn't aware that after dropping the guy he was going to be challenged that's a whole different story. That would be a total lack of awareness imo and I choose to give him more credit than that. He lost a fight - big deal.

You can always propose banning fighting altogether although I'm not sure that doesn't lead to more "assaults" with sticks. Again Kadri is hardly some goon who is always dropping the gloves. He saw an injured team mate and went after the guy who caused it. When 48 does it let's see who the first one is to yell assault.

**sh!t Pete, I had the same thought on Turtling**

Yea, it does.

Also tell me again how he was "jumped from behind"...Go watch Bertuzzi/Moore. Tha's "jumped".

Screen-Shot-2020-01-09-at-12-29-00-PM.png

Watch the video. He turns, faces Kadri and they both drop the gloves.

The next frame shows Lindgrens lower body still perpendicular to Kadri, while kadris gloves are off and in Lindgren's face.

damn it guys, lets slow down on the postings. I cant keep up

The next frame shows Lindgrens lower body still perpendicular to Kadri, while kadris gloves are off and in Lindgren's face.

damn it guys, lets slow down on the postings. I cant keep up

You have a refresh button, son....use that thing!!!! ;)

Are people still thinking this kid isn't part of the picture? He's pretty up and down, but he's having a decent run for a guy that a lot of people wrote off as "not a legit prospect" a year or so ago.

Dude I remember reading some opinion pieces, not necessarily here, where Lindgren was brushed aside as a career AHLer type prospect and Hajek was the goods.

Nash for Lindgren would have been plenty, but using their 1st to trade up for K Miller is just some serious icing. Rangers are playing with house money from that deal.

Dude I remember reading some opinion pieces, not necessarily here, where Lindgren was brushed aside as a career AHLer type prospect and Hajek was the goods.

Nash for Lindgren would have been plenty, but using their 1st to trade up for K Miller is just some serious icing. Rangers are playing with house money from that deal.

goes to show that no one knows jack shit

Lindren's problem is he plays an old fashioned stay at home defender style. He's too small for that in this NHL. Teams/coaches want mobile defensemen that are versatile. Lindgren doesnt have a high ceiling or a flashy skill set. When you look around and see Skjei (2 years ago), Miller, Rykov, etc that all came into the org around the same time, he was the lowest ranked player in regards to their ceiling - and still is. I think he's found a good spot, but still makes some glaring mistakes on almost a nightly basis. But overall, I like what he brings. I like the intensity and willingness. But I do like defense that can play defense. I do worry about the hits he takes, though. He's got McDonagh syndrome where he gets crushed every other game.

i think I classify this as someone getting jumped (as did the refs with the instigator), and it was worth it for Kadri because Lindgren 'deserved' it for the high hit.

You can get an instigator for distance traveled, which this qualifies as.

Let's ask Lindgren if he feels he got jumped. Oh wait, he said he was cool with it.

You can get an instigator for distance traveled, which this qualifies as.

Let's ask Lindgren if he feels he got jumped. Oh wait, he said he was cool with it.

Right, because just like skating away and turtle-ing is an option, he's going to go to the media afterwards and cry about getting jumped? Both of those options would do wonders for his reputation around the league.

Right, because just like skating away and turtle-ing is an option, he's going to go to the media afterwards and cry about getting jumped? Both of those options would do wonders for his reputation around the league.

Hmmmm. Sure.

Lindren's problem is he plays an old fashioned stay at home defender style. He's too small for that in this NHL. Teams/coaches want mobile defensemen that are versatile. Lindgren doesnt have a high ceiling or a flashy skill set. When you look around and see Skjei (2 years ago), Miller, Rykov, etc that all came into the org around the same time, he was the lowest ranked player in regards to their ceiling - and still is. I think he's found a good spot, but still makes some glaring mistakes on almost a nightly basis. But overall, I like what he brings. I like the intensity and willingness. But I do like defense that can play defense. I do worry about the hits he takes, though. He's got McDonagh syndrome where he gets crushed every other game.

I see him right now as where we want Skjei to be headed. Stay at home, mid sized, good skater. If that's all we want from them, that would be great.. Pair these stay at home guys WITH DeAngelo, Trouba and Fox. Pay them accordingly though. Not like Skjei.