• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Lindgren to Have Hearing for Illegal Check to the Head of Joonas Donskoi

Phil

You think just because someone like Reaves is sitting on the bench, that'll stop Kadri from doing what he did? I don't. Kadri did what he should have done and what we would have been calling for if someone made that exact hit on one of our guys. We have some players that are capable of doing that already.

No, because Kadri was responding to a bad hit.

If that hit didnt happen, yes, I think Kadri is thinking twice before jumping guys or taking runs at players. It doesnt stop it, but it deters it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, because Kadri was responding to a bad hit.

If that hit didn't happen, yes, I think Kadri is thinking twice before jumping guys or taking runs at players. It doesnt stop it, but it deters it.

This is the point here...You make the other team think twice. It's the big dog in the yard policy. ...and it's time the Rangers had some insurance for their talent. Maybe not an issue this season, because they won't be a contender, but make no mistake...come the playoffs, teams are likely going to take a few runs at guys like Zibby and Panarin just to get them off their games.

Its something to think about for next season though...not now.

if somebody took out anybody on our team you would just say ok, nothing to see here play on? Nobody stand up for your team mate who got destroyed?

It's unfortunate Lindgren was essentially a human punching bag after the hit when he didn't answer the bell. The hit was definitely questionable which is why there was a hearing. He was cleared as a result of spinning the wheel of justice by player safety. Good for us.

Not sure what you're looking for here, some kind of discipline for Kadri for kicking Lindgren's ass? He got the instigator which is what should of happened per the rule book. Lindgren had the right to throw punches rather than just eating them.

** yea Pete - exactly.

if somebody took out anybody on our team you would just say ok, nothing to see here play on? Nobody stand up for your team mate who got destroyed?

It's unfortunate Lindgren was essentially a human punching bag after the hit when he didn't answer the bell. The hit was definitely questionable which is why there was a hearing. He was cleared as a result of spinning the wheel of justice by player safety. Good for us.

Not sure what you're looking for here, some kind of discipline for Kadri for kicking Lindgren's ass? He got the instigator which is what should of happened per the rule book. Lindgren had the right to throw punches rather than just eating them.

** yea Pete - exactly.

Lindgren got jumped. He didn?t do anything wrong but assaulted and beat the shit out of. If this happened outside, kadri would be in jail. IMO kadri deserves more than what he got

** yea Pete - exactly.

I think the point is that one was intentional and one was not. That matters. If Lindgren doesn't get called by the DPOS, then it doesn't matter. But he did and Kadri didn't. So the subliminal message is that Lindgren's action is worse than Kadri's, but when you really step back to think about it, Kadri's is worse. Far worse.

And by the way, I'd prefer neither get called. If there's some accidental head contact on a hit where the head isn't the principal point of contact, then we should understand it happens and is not completely avoidable. But if we want to talk about head safety, getting jumped and pummeled in the face before you have a chance to really defend yourself is worse.

I think the point is that one was intentional and one was not. That matters. If Lindgren doesn't get called by the DPOS, then it doesn't matter. But he did and Kadri didn't. So the subliminal message is that Lindgren's action is worse than Kadri's, but when you really step back to think about it, Kadri's is worse. Far worse.

And by the way, I'd prefer neither get called. If there's some accidental head contact on a hit where the head isn't the principal point of contact, then we should understand it happens and is not completely avoidable. But if we want to talk about head safety, getting jumped and pummeled in the face before you have a chance to really defend yourself is worse.

Lindgren got jumped. He didn?t do anything wrong but assaulted and beat the shit out of. If this happened outside, kadri would be in jail. IMO kadri deserves more than what he got

Alrighty then. I missed the part where his hands were tied behind his back. If he didn't realize somebody might come after him after such a hard hit than that's an additional issue on his part.

Again let's see your takes when we're on the receiving end of getting trucked with a questionable hit.

Some serious blue blinders on here.

Yep.

Alrighty then. I missed the part where his hands were tied behind his back. If he didn't realize somebody might come after him after such a hard hit than that's an additional issue on his part.

Again let's see your takes when we're on the receiving end of getting trucked with a questionable hit.

Yep.

It wasnt in the octagon. Im sure Lindgren didnt sign up with the rangers to get beat up. He got assaulted, beat up, and deliberately injured for an accidental play.

It wasnt in the octagon. Im sure Lindgren didnt sign up with the rangers to get beat up. He got assaulted, beat up, and deliberately injured for an accidental play.

Maybe he should play golf if the crime was as bad as you say. I would say the entire sequence was a pretty normal hockey play in todays game when somebody takes a hard hit to the head. However you don't think 48 would of tried to do the same thing Kadri did every time if he was on the ice. Would he too be charged with assault or would we be patting him on the back if Zibs. Chytil, Panarin or whoever were lying on the ice?

Not really. It's regardless of jersey worn. There's a double standard with inadvertent head contact on hits versus engaging someone from behind. You can't just say "that's just hockey" about one and not the other without being hypocritical.
Lindgren dropped the gloves. Did you guys miss that?

I don't think a player should have to fight after a clean hit but the rest of the NHL does. Not to mention on ice level, at speed, it probably looked dirty to Kadri.

The "if it happened in the street" is laughable since what Lindgren did is also assault... Let's debate with modicum of common sense here.