• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#42) Rangers vs. Colorado Avalanche // Rise of Shesterkin

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to watch the game on NBCSN with Milbury helping call the game, ugh. He was praising Zibby all night and at one point said Buchnevich looked slow and disinterested. And how he has been given every opportunity playing on the top lines and just isn't productive.

Great team win, They played a mostly solid 200 ft game and their forechecking was at a much higher level. Howden had a good game defensively and hit a post again. He's looking better on the wing. Our top guys stepped up and even Fast looked less like a 3rd line winger. They need to keep the petal to the metal if they want to avoid being sellers and I don't think that's written in stone yet.

I was probably one of the few times where Milbury was right on Buch.

Milbury was actually pretty good last night. His commentary was pretty spot on, and he didn't really beat up the Rangers very much at all. As a matter of fact he praised a lot of the younger guys and especially Panarin. He hit Buchnevich right on the dot! That kid needs someone to light a fire under his ass.

I don't agree at all with Milbury's assessment of Buchnevich. Is Buch guilty of trying to do too much or making one pass too many countless times? Absolutely. And it's infuriating at times. I have not seen him look slow or disinterested much this season as in years past, particularly before Quinn seemingly got through to him last year about being more engaged during numerous demotions and scoldings. To me, Milbury is rehashing things he's seen in the past and not this season with regards to Buch.

I don't agree at all with Milbury's assessment of Buchnevich. Is Buch guilty of trying to do too much or making one pass too many countless times? Absolutely. And it's infuriating at times. I have not seen him look slow or disinterested much this season as in years past, particularly before Quinn seemingly got through to him last year about being more engaged during numerous demotions and scoldings. To me, Milbury is rehashing things he's seen in the past and not this season with regards to Buch.

The kid has a lot of talent, RMC, no doubt!!! ...and at times he makes me wanna kick the TV!! I don't know if it's the faces he makes when he gets back to the bench, or what...but I can see why it comes off as "disinterested". To me it comes off as "confused" or "lost". I suppose everyone has their take on that look.

I think he's gonna break out, and when he does, it's gonna be in a big way. I'm trying to stay patient, but it's like looking for the hidden start button on a sports car! :rofl:

My biggest problem with Buch is he gets frustrated too easily. He brings that to the bench and it can become contagious. Frustrated teams rarely have a good night and it often snowballs, lending a hand to a string of loses. He leads the team in giveaways per 60/GP. Many of those lead to high scoring chances and disrupt the PP or set up time in the offensive zone, killing the play. Some nights he's a liability and then he makes a great pass or scores a goal and all is forgotten.

Kadri should answer for that.

Go DROP another player on their team.

nm on Kadri.

Clean hit but I would hope if one of our guys got rocked somebody would respond. Just the way it is now.

I hear Big Buff is available??? ;)

I was wondering if/when we open up the conversation to acquire an "Insurance policy" type player.

LMAO.

Igor isn't pushing him out. He'll leave on his terms.

The overreaction to one solid game is fun tho.

you misunderstood. Fans were chanting "Igor Igor" last night at the garden like they did for Henke for years. It felt like the torched was passed. to me anyways.

Bottom line is Hank isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. He has a year left on his deal, and I'll bet he's most likely going to re-sign here again, albeit at a much lower rate. He'll be the best mentor anyone could ever own, and to have that in our corner for Prince Shesty is something I'm very much in favor of.

Georgiev is the guy who's going to be on the move, I believe, and it will most likely be happening soon!

Bottom line is Hank isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. He has a year left on his deal, and I'll bet he's most likely going to re-sign here again, albeit at a much lower rate. He'll be the best mentor anyone could ever own, and to have that in our corner for Prince Shesty is something I'm very much in favor of.

Georgiev is the guy who's going to be on the move, I believe, and it will most likely be happening soon!

Lundy had Kevin Weeks as his "mentor"...lol. I think Shesty will do fine without Lundy. There's no room for him even as a backup

Lundy had Kevin Weeks as his "mentor"...lol. I think Shesty will do fine without Lundy. There's no room for him even as a backup

Hank's earned his spot in Ranger's lore though. I have no idea what the magic number to keep him will be, but the guy's earned his money by now, and I just have a feeling that he might wanna stick around for another 2-3 years to see, and participate a little while this team competes for a Cup.

...just a hunch...

Plus, add in the fact that the president of the team is a former Rangers goalie himself, that may make him more sensitive to Hank's position. We'll see...

Or maybe I'm just hitting the angel dust too hard today! :rofl:

Hank's earned his spot in Ranger's lore though. I have no idea what the magic number to keep him will be, but the guy's earned his money by now, and I just have a feeling that he might wanna stick around for another 2-3 years to see, and participate a little while this team competes for a Cup.

...just a hunch...

Plus, add in the fact that the president of the team is a former Rangers goalie himself, that may make him more sensitive to Hank's position. We'll see...

Or maybe I'm just hitting the angel dust too hard today! :rofl:

I agree Hank has earned it, but he can easily become an executive if he wants.

Something has to happen though. Hank is clogging up the works.

I agree Hank has earned it, but he can easily become an executive if he wants.

Something has to happen though. Hank is clogging up the works.

exactly. if he wants to stick around, im sure JD will give him a position like head of player development or something like that.