• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Stats Don't Lie — We're Sellers

LindG1000

Problem is, this team seems so tight (like past teams). All of the trade options are bffs with everyone - Kreider, Buch, Strome, Deangelo, Skjei, Lundqvist... even Georgiev gets a ton of can time

That's a good point. Everything they gained via rebuild. The bonds, the comfort the comradery they all built. It's gone. Kreider I would imagine was a key go to guy and leader these guys looked up to. Maybe that's why he's on this tear? A leadership role can do that to a player. Kinda has to prove himself as not all talk to the kids he's leading.

I'm really scared at how this will affect Zib. He's clearly a better player when he's with Kreider ( doesn't look bad with Panarin, but we don't want all the talent on one line).

PS how the fuck do you use effect and affect? Same shit or no?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Lindgren is equal if not above Skjei.

Lindgren replaces Skjei

Hajek/Rykov takes Lindgrens current role.

Skjei isn't first pair just as much as Lindgren isn't... Yet. I think he pairs up nicely with Trouba. Even kinda frees him up to do more offensively, like he's expected to be doing. Skjei is IMO replaceable from within. May take some time, but it's not like Skjei is settled in to a definite role here. Is he a top pair assistant type or is he a 2nd pair? 3rd pair? It's that close that his cap hit makes him expendable. I'm not even thinking about Miller or Lundkvist down the road. IMO he's replaceable NOW.

I'm not saying never trade Skjei. I'm just thinking now is a weird time to do it. Ideally, the left side looks like this:

____

Lindgren

Hajek/Rykov/____

That big empty space at the top is a problem.

I'm not saying never trade Skjei. I'm just thinking now is a weird time to do it. Ideally, the left side looks like this:

____

Lindgren

Hajek/Rykov/____

That big empty space at the top is a problem.

Flip ADA to LD for the rest of the season and bring in TJ Brodie/Marco Scandella/Trevor Daley or one of the myriad stopgap-style UFAs on a veteran contract if nobody is ready. There's going to be steady bottom-4 level LD talent out there for not all that much in the offseason.

Make the right trade now, figure out the - call it 2nd pair for now - later.