• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Stats Don't Lie — We're Sellers

LindG1000

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Bjugstad?

Huge. C. Bottom 6. .5 ppg season looking to rebound.

He’s still on the shelf with that core muscle injury. Hasn’t played in 2 months.

Love his size though, and he’s got pretty good possession numbers.

He’s just never figured it out.

I’d take a shot on him

Got another year left on his deal though.

You think they make a deal in the division?

If you want to sleep tonight, I suggest not going to look at who they've taken in the top 10 since Sather took over.

Dan Blackburn (10)

Hugh Jessiman (12)

Al Montoya (6)

DylanMcilrath (10)

Lias Andersson (7)

Vitali Kravstov (9)

Kaapo Kakko (2)

That?s pretty terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Dan Blackburn (10)

Hugh Jessiman (12)

Al Montoya (6)

DylanMcilrath (10)

Lias Andersson (7)

Vitali Kravstov (9)

Kaapo Kakko (2)

That’s pretty terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Not to be the constant ray of sunshine I am, but scouting as a practice has gotten way better since the first handful of picks there. Also, three of those picks (and yes, Lias Andersson is still...20?) are TBD.

Not to be the constant ray of sunshine I am, but scouting as a practice has gotten way better since the first handful of picks there. Also, three of those picks (and yes, Lias Andersson is still...20?) are TBD.

Scouting is hugely better.

It’s improved by leaps and bounds in last 5-7 years in particular

The only difference is... less top 12 picks. At this point, they’re all equal.

All fair

Though they did manage to find some hugely important guys in lower rounds and other means.

Dubi and Step in 2nd

Cally in 4th

Hags and Fast in 6th

Hank in 7th

Girardi as and Undrafted FA

Zucc as a FA from Norway of all places

I think the talent pool is much better in the last 10 years or so. Many more Europeans and Americans. Seems like drafts are no longer dominated by Canadians

The KHL has made it easier and better to scout guys over there. Russian players in particular. Better structure and access vs the old Russian Super League.

Yeah, I mean this isn't a playoff team. And it really hasn't looked like one all year, apart from a couple of stretches.

I wouldn't get in to total tear down mode, but clearly the idea of holding on to Kreider for a potential playoff run is ludicrous at this point.

Yeah, I mean this isn't a playoff team. And it really hasn't looked like one all year, apart from a couple of stretches.

I wouldn't get in to total tear down mode, but clearly the idea of holding on to Kreider for a potential playoff run is ludicrous at this point.

100% agree.

The worst possible thing would be to look at how close we are to a playoff spot instead of how cloase we are to lottery and then make decisions based on that.

i guess i've seen enough from the beginning of the year to bump this thread. I'm pretty much thinking that everyone outside the protected few should be listened to as far as offers go.

rather than look at the playoffs i'm looking more at this.

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

I'm pretty certain this was expected from the higher ups for this season. A lot of us up here kinda knew where this is headed for this season, if simply because of the contract situation for some of the long timers and old buyouts that need to be cleaned up. Add in the fact the team is probably the youngest team in the league, it's only going to get better from here.

I'm cool with us being sellers, and maximizing our departing players to add some promise to what we're building here. We have a lot of good pieces in place and it's going to be a somewhat of a project, but we're getting closer and showing progress in my estimation.

i guess i've seen enough from the beginning of the year to bump this thread. I'm pretty much thinking that everyone outside the protected few should be listened to as far as offers go.

rather than look at the playoffs i'm looking more at this.

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

Im just as confident with the guy they take at 9 vs 15.

Might as well try to have a fun season down the stretch...

*Not to be confused with being buyers, necessarily.

I think they will get a few change of scenery guys, and I want to see them continue to compete. As Quinn said... appease the hockey gods. But it would be great to see meaningful hockey games to close out the season.