Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Stats Don't Lie — We're Sellers

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Yeah, I mean this isn't a playoff team. And it really hasn't looked like one all year, apart from a couple of stretches.
    I wouldn't get in to total tear down mode, but clearly the idea of holding on to Kreider for a potential playoff run is ludicrous at this point.
    100% agree.

The worst possible thing would be to look at how close we are to a playoff spot instead of how cloase we are to lottery and then make decisions based on that.

Converted Naysayer Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    i guess i've seen enough from the beginning of the year to bump this thread. I'm pretty much thinking that everyone outside the protected few should be listened to as far as offers go.

rather than look at the playoffs i'm looking more at this.

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds
    Yeah, I mean this isn't a playoff team. And it really hasn't looked like one all year, apart from a couple of stretches.
    I wouldn't get in to total tear down mode, but clearly the idea of holding on to Kreider for a potential playoff run is ludicrous at this point.
    I'm pretty certain this was expected from the higher ups for this season. A lot of us up here kinda knew where this is headed for this season, if simply because of the contract situation for some of the long timers and old buyouts that need to be cleaned up. Add in the fact the team is probably the youngest team in the league, it's only going to get better from here.

I'm cool with us being sellers, and maximizing our departing players to add some promise to what we're building here. We have a lot of good pieces in place and it's going to be a somewhat of a project, but we're getting closer and showing progress in my estimation.

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    i guess i've seen enough from the beginning of the year to bump this thread. I'm pretty much thinking that everyone outside the protected few should be listened to as far as offers go.

rather than look at the playoffs i'm looking more at this.

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds
    Im just as confident with the guy they take at 9 vs 15.
    Might as well try to have a fun season down the stretch...
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Converted Naysayer Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Im just as confident with the guy they take at 9 vs 15.
    Might as well try to have a fun season down the stretch...
    This is the whole concept I'm down with....

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    *Not to be confused with being buyers, necessarily.

I think they will get a few change of scenery guys, and I want to see them continue to compete. As Quinn said... appease the hockey gods. But it would be great to see meaningful hockey games to close out the season.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    *Not to be confused with being buyers, necessarily.

I think they will get a few change of scenery guys, and I want to see them continue to compete. As Quinn said... appease the hockey gods. But it would be great to see meaningful hockey games to close out the season.
    I was hoping for that too. Having a shot late at a WC would have been nice. And good for the young guys.
    But I don’t think we’re going to get that.
    The length of the season I think will start to catch up to the young guys, they’re going to lose a key veteran at the deadline.
    Top-10 pick, here we come

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    I was hoping for that too. Having a shot late at a WC would have been nice. And good for the young guys.
    But I don’t think we’re going to get that.
    The length of the season I think will start to catch up to the young guys, they’re going to lose a key veteran at the deadline.
    Top-10 pick, here we come
    this is what i am hoping for at this point. along with the idea that anyone traded gets a near ready player bak in return
    Acqua in bocca

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    this is what i am hoping for at this point. along with the idea that anyone traded gets a near ready player bak in return
    This is an...interesting year to think about asset collection.

We're holding two of the top 5 RFAs this year. Taking back players with salary at the TDL might be hard, but flipping those assets at the draft may not be. NHL ready prospects that could be players aren't easy to trade for, but RFAs on teams with internal caps and cap issues could be.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    This is an...interesting year to think about asset collection.

We're holding two of the top 5 RFAs this year. Taking back players with salary at the TDL might be hard, but flipping those assets at the draft may not be. NHL ready prospects that could be players aren't easy to trade for, but RFAs on teams with internal caps and cap issues could be.
    Who are the other 3 top 5 RFAs in your book?

Still 6 points back of a WC spot, despite going 12-6 since this thread was made.

However, they are 6 points back for either WC spot now. The Islanders and Blue Jackets are in freefall mode. The Canes and Leafs are vulnerable. At this point, I think the Rangers are legitimately better than all 4 of these teams. Is there enough time to make up the ground?

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    There’s enough time but do you risk the chance of selling very high on Kreider just to fall short.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Squirt Division jsm7302's Avatar
    Definitely enough time to do it. Fricking Shesty is 7-1. Hell, we could sneak in and get some experience which would be a real step forward this year. But that would be dependant on keeping CK and Tony D. No way this team keeps performing at this level without those 2.

Well, they're 6 points out with 23 games to go. Even though they have to catch 3 out of Carolina, Columbus, Toronto, and the Islanders, you'd be hard pressed to say they're out of it.
    I still don't believe they'll do it, but if they can keep up their form since the ASB they could go very close.

There's definitely an argument that they might be better off getting a top 10 pick in a draft where that almost guarantees a really good player, but I'm quite enjoying this.

Quote Originally Posted by jsm7302 View Post
    Definitely enough time to do it. Fricking Shesty is 7-1. Hell, we could sneak in and get some experience which would be a real step forward this year. But that would be dependant on keeping CK and Tony D. No way this team keeps performing at this level without those 2.
    Starting to wonder where this team would currently be if Shesty was here for even just an extra month. We might be talking 6 points better...at least.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Starting to wonder where this team would currently be if Shesty was here for even just an extra month. We might be talking 6 points better...at least.
    That's certainly crossed my mind. It's a big "what if" imo.

Senior Member Bantam Division Sharpshooter's Avatar
    In some ways these are kind of playoff games and a good experience for Shesterkin and the like to have. Whether they get in or not, I think they benefit from this either way. Shesterkin has come in totally unfazed and un-rattled when it's basically crunch time here. An actually postseason berth would be great, but again, going through this is still a very good experience.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    That's certainly crossed my mind. It's a big "what if" imo.
    They'd be Toronto. They can score, can't defend a lick, and if the goalie isn't superhuman, you lose. No grit at all.

Better chance to make it, but still one series and done.

Senior Member Squirt Division jsm7302's Avatar
    This team hangs with the best of em'. They have taken a big step forward this year. Hard to think CK could be on the way out. Does that change our trajectory? I think so. It's like 2 steps forward and 1 step back. With our record of first round picks. ....are we better keeping CK especially for the culture that has grown here? This team works hard. I'd like to see that continue....talk about leading by example this year. Damn. Fluke, anomaly or otherwise, CK stepped up HUGE this year and made a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They'd be Toronto. They can score, can't defend a lick, and if the goalie isn't superhuman, you lose. No grit at all.

Better chance to make it, but still one series and done.
    Sure, and we'll never know. But if you want to play what ifs, what if they called him up in January? It's not totally wild to imagine they'd have 3 more wins.

13/13 on the PK was a stat up last nite. PP clicking. Dee effort's been better since the A star break and they seem to have a better idea of what kind of lines the bottom 6 should be.

Points to St. Louis, why not us? however than ur not a seller. you move Kreids, you take a big bite out of this team. he's now a leader on this team.
    Acqua in bocca

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast