• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

DeAngelo Reclamation Project: Close to Complete?

jsm7302

I think it does. I view Trouba's contract as a danger zone just like I did for Skjei when he signed his and like I would for Kreider if the Rangers resign him. Trouba is a good player being paid somewhere in the very good realm, and only a couple mill shy of elite money. Don't get me wrong because I know the Rangers need a solid defender like Trouba. I like his game, but they really need it at 5-6M and not 8M. I think Fox will be a better top pairing defenseman than Trouba, and fairly soon. I don't want to pay a 2nd pairing defender 8M and I don't particularly want to lose DeAngelo over it either.

I already said Trouba does not qualify for danger zone status. Please update your post. Thanks.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But they should have a clue to

Rykov/Trouba

Lindgren/Fox

Skjei or Staal/Keene

For next year.

I just don't see how you can have Trouba, ADA, and Fox making close to $20 million in a few years. Some of that $$$ needs to go to a guy on the left side.

Rykov is so slow that top pair would get burnt constantly.

ADA-Fox next year will have to suffice.

And it should. At some point this organization has to turn a corner and decide if players a-f are part of a future. I dont see how Ada is not. He’s an rfa so if they are mart, they bargain on giving him a bit more money to hold him longer term and end up a bargain. As I’ve already said, two of the three in Staal, Skjei, Smith have to go. They just have to. I’d like to be a force by 22/23 and that won’t happen if you don’t commit to pieces you feel are involved in our future. Strome, Lemieux, ADA need to come back. Lesser Lemieux but I think we would ,it’s him and his pedigree gives me a feeling he has more to give as a gamer.

I hate to say it, but I gotta admit;

With the emergence of ADA, the Rangers have put themselves in a fairly good place. They have guys like K'Andre Miller, Matthew Robertson, Lindqvist, & Hajek coming up. The only 3 must keeps I see on the team are Fox, Lindgren and Trouba.

Skjei may end up in Seattle

Staal is gone after next season

Brendan Smith is also gone after next season

D'Angelo as it stands right now may just get us a very solid player in return....maybe 2!!! ....And the position where we need it.

The guy's been playing fantastic lately and I hope he continues to do so, but he's most likely going to do it on another team. His trade value right now is as high as it may ever get....We may be able to unload a bad contract with him...that's how valuable he may be right now.

I hate to say it, but I gotta admit;

With the emergence of ADA, the Rangers have put themselves in a fairly good place. They have guys like K'Andre Miller, Matthew Robertson, Lindqvist, & Hajek coming up. The only 3 must keeps I see on the team are Fox, Lindgren and Trouba.

Skjei may end up in Seattle

Staal is gone after next season

Brendan Smith is also gone after next season

D'Angelo as it stands right now may just get us a very solid player in return....maybe 2!!! ....And the position where we need it.

The guy's been playing fantastic lately and I hope he continues to do so, but he's most likely going to do it on another team. His trade value right now is as high as it may ever get....We may be able to unload a bad contract with him...that's how valuable he may be right now.

I think you keep ADA. He’s still an RFA so he still won’t be as high as a ufa ADA would be. Hopefully they can offer a bit overpay but eat up an extra year to keep him around before his big big payday.

I think you keep ADA. He’s still an RFA so he still won’t be as high as a ufa ADA would be. Hopefully they can offer a bit overpay but eat up an extra year to keep him around before his big big payday.

Not saying it's out of the question, but scoring really isn't the focus right now with this team. Our defense is really lacking, and we can use a guy like ADA to return something of sincere need. He's probably our highest value Free agent right now...Restricted or not.

Come to think of it, he's probably higher value as an RFA.

now that we have offense, we need some bodies who can play defense.

giving up 49 shots to the shitty Devils isn't gonna cut it

Part of why we have offense is because of ADA. He’s 5th in the entire league in d scoring. You want to improve our d? Get rid of Staal for sure and possibly Skjei since he’s leveled out and regressed. Get or develop an actual 2nd line center that plays both ways, let our D develop, and solidify a real checking line. Trouba has the tools takes that step into the shutdown D he is so you just have to trust it’ll happen. ADA and Fox become your real pp quarterbacks. Lindgren looks fairly solid. You hope some of the D like Miller coming up are real.

Finally you figure out for sure if Quinn is the guy for us. I’m not exactly seeing a real system from him sometimes and I wonder how much our defensive woes are from the coaching staff.