• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

DeAngelo Reclamation Project: Close to Complete?

jsm7302

I read through this board daily and the overwhelming desire or willingness to trade DeAngelo kind of floors me. Isn't this the kind of D man we needed to develop? He is turning into a piece in my eyes we MUST keep.

Lots of talk about our D prospects in the pipeline and needing to wait for them and hope their success translates to the NHL. We took this guy on as a journeyman whom may never turn into anything with an attitude problem and VOILA.... Let's enjoy the fruits of this organizations labor and root for this guy to stick around!!!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yeah, at this point, you probably keep DeAngelo, though I'm not at all opposed to a one-year extension just to really be sure this is the player he is. Call it a "Skjei tax."

One year, $4 million. Do it again and we talk long-term.

And yeah, at this point, you probably keep DeAngelo, though I'm not at all opposed to a one-year extension just to really be sure this is the player he is. Call it a "Skjei tax."

Why don't we just trade Skjei as well?

He wouldnt take that. He'd get more through arbitration.

I don't see him taking that little. IMO, he needs to get better defensively to sign him long term. He is horrible defensively.

Seriously, I don't know if they'll keep D'Angelo. He is a defensive liability, and we could actually get some real value in return for him. The Rangers have some solid defenseman in the pipeline (Hajek, Miller, Robertson, etc.). I don't think we really need to harbor any other defensive liabilities. We have enough of a problem with #76 back there. :doh:

Not for nothing, but people say they shouldn't have signed Trouba because of ADA. Trouba is playing nearly 23 minutes a night against the opponent's top players. ADA Starts 57% of his shifts in the OZ compared to Trouba starting 59% of his shifts in the DZ. Despite those zone starts, ADA has only 6 more points at even strength. ADA gets :40 seconds more pp time per game, on the 1st unit, and has 2 more pp points. ADA has gotten better, but Trouba being here is what is enabling ADA's favorable deployment and even with that favorable deployment he's barely out producing Trouba.

Trade ADA for a young LW to replace Kreider, and save that money on D for Fox.

No way on Fast for 3.5

No way on ADA for 5

Lemeiux I keep

Strome...we'll see...I'd do 4.5 or 5 tops (not sure that gets him though)

That's me, Puck ;)

Once again, players have to be moved.

Fast isn?t going to resign as a UFA for why he?s already making.

Strome- 5 million

ADA- 4 million

Doesn?t leave you enough to sign Lemieux or Fast, let alone Kreider or Georgiev

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Seriously, I don't know if they'll keep D'Angelo. He is a defensive liability, and we could actually get some real value in return for him. The Rangers have some solid defenseman in the pipeline (Hajek, Miller, Robertson, etc.). I don't think we really need to harbor any other defensive liabilities. We have enough of a problem with #76 back there. :doh:

+6 last year, +3 this year. -Most offensive defenseman lack the shut down defender stats and abilities.....because that isn't what they are here to do.

On the other note, these guys may end up doing nothing in the NHL and even if they do, it wont be until 3 or so years down the road.

I just dont buy it. Tony D and Strome are the must keepers. Fast is replaceable.