• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Why isn't Kaapo Kakko in the AHL?

Phil

i guess my question to this thread is why management isn't following your suggestions and sending him down?

what must they see at the moment that none of you do that suggests he should be in the big leagues?

Exactly. My guess is they know the kid and situation a lot better than any fans. Kakko is probably developing exactly as they expected for an 18 year old.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is accurate in my book too. The early results aren't inspiring, yet.

To Philly's comment..

We're in a "rebuild" and we're getting no, or minimal, contributions from any actual youth. Fox and Chytil are the only contributors thus far. Honorable mention to Lindgren.

Outside of tangible contribution, a lot of their stock has dropped sharply.

Lias? lol

Kravtsov? Nope.

Miller? Nope.

Howden? Nope.

Kakko? Nope.

Hajek? Nope.

To be sure, there's some bright lights as well, but these are from guys 2 or 3 levels below the NHL.

If the rebuild plan was to climb on Artemi Panarin?s back and have him get us back to semi respectability, well, mission accomplished I guess, but starting next year we're really going to need to see some results starting to percolate.

"They?ve got to be in a good situation of, one, being pushed and being in a situation where they?re going to succeed."

*Let's try him on Howden's wing*

• Like 1

i guess my question to this thread is why management isn't following your suggestions and sending him down?

what must they see at the moment that none of you do that suggests he should be in the big leagues?

Probably the fact that the Rangers don't have any better option to fill that spot.

If I'm Quinn, I'm hoping Kakko, shows a little more confidence and forces Fast back to where he belongs, which is where Kakko plays in the lineup.