• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Minnesota's Target Field Hosting 2021 Winter Classic

Winnipeg would travel and it’d be lit.

but prolly going to be St. Louis.

Yeah, Winnipeg would be a fabulous choice. Before they got their new team, there would be packs of very rowdy and drunk fans from the 'peg who used to come down for Wild games, even though they didn't have a dog in the hunt. The U of MN football stadium would be much better for this than the baseball park.

Seriously though, does anyone care about the Winter Classic, a regular season game between two teams you don't care about with two points at stake. Didn't the novelty wear off ten years ago?

Yeah, Winnipeg would be a fabulous choice. Before they got their new team, there would be packs of very rowdy and drunk fans from the 'peg who used to come down for Wild games, even though they didn't have a dog in the hunt. The U of MN football stadium would be much better for this than the baseball park.

Seriously though, does anyone care about the Winter Classic, a regular season game between two teams you don't care about with two points at stake. Didn't the novelty wear off ten years ago?

Not for the host cities.

Ask the 80,000+ in attendance in Dallas.

Ask the 80,000+ in attendance in Dallas.

Yeah, but the NHL and the NHL network hype this thing as much as the do the All Star game and almost as much as the playoffs, and they are hyping not to the home city fans but to me, and I don't care.

Winnipeg would be the best choice however NBC pretty much makes the call who plays in the game and I doubt they would want a Canadian team in it.

Dallas was just in it last week, not going to be in it 2 years in a row.

Chicago or St. Louis is the obvious choices at this point, since they are "division rivals"

I think it's still a big deal. I watched a lot of it and numerous non- hockey friends of mine were texting me about it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yes but think he's saying same day... Hence "double header"

I get the double header thing however

A) NHL/Sponsors most likely wants each event to be a stand alone game

B) Temps are probably more favorable for a Heritage Classic early in the season compared to Jan. 1st. This past Heritage Classic, and the previous one was in October, one game in March, one in February, and one in November.

I get the double header thing however

A) NHL/Sponsors most likely wants each event to be a stand alone game

B) Temps are probably more favorable for a Heritage Classic early in the season compared to Jan. 1st. This past Heritage Classic, and the previous one was in October, one game in March, one in February, and one in November.

Yea totally. Plus the NHL has said they only want one New Year's game.

• 1 month later...