• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

When Do We Call Up Shesterkin?

Keirik

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Henrik takes a week or 2 off in January, then again during the last month if the Rangers are going to make the playoffs.

So... January 17, 2020 he gets called up. Back-up for 1/19 vs Blue Jackets, starts at Home vs Islanders on 1/21/20

Do you think his play (in whatever capacity he gets) will have an effect on the plans for Georgiev this season? What if he gets the call and turns out to be a bust. I'd want to see quite a few games before deciding on moving a proven commodity in Georgiev....

Depends on how many games he gets. If it’s 3-4 then no. If it’s 15+ then maybe. Regardless they can’t keep 3 unless they plan on convincing Shesh to stay in the AHL for 2 more years. Hank isn’t going anywhere. Also even if you don’t plan on making a decision, you still need to start getting Shesh some NHL looks.

Probably the first game after the deadline since Georgiev will be playing for Toronto. :D

I still think this happens too but wonder if that stinker last night hurts his value. There's some other good back-up options out there still for Toronto to try to get.

They're not going to carry 3 goalies.

And frankly I'd rather have him winning in the AHL than getting shelled behind the awful defense here.

This. Unless there?s an injury I don?t see the point in bringing him up. Make a run for the Calder. When was the last time we could say that about the pack lol

I think they are cultivating a winning culture down there for all the prospects we are grooming. Doubt they want to pull the plug on that.

We have three prospects in Hartford. Two of them have like 200 KHL games under their belt.