• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

When Do We Call Up Shesterkin?

Keirik

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think the best trade we could have made would have been during last offseason to a team that lost their goalie like Columbus, maybe throw in a contract like Smith with a little salary retention. Oh well.

CBJ might still be viable with Korpisalo injured long-term.

They can carry three goalies for the rest of the season at this point. There's no other choice and this doesn't mean a trade is imminent. It had just become clear that Shesty gives the NHL team the best chance to win and the other two have no place else to go right now. Georgie will likely move at the deadline when the value will be highest due to teams bidding against each other and becoming desperate.

They can carry three goalies for the rest of the season at this point. There's no other choice and this doesn't mean a trade is imminent. It had just become clear that Shesty gives the NHL team the best chance to win and the other two have no place else to go right now. Georgie will likely move at the deadline when the value will be highest due to teams bidding against each other and becoming desperate.

This presumes a goalie market will open at the deadline, which recent history suggests is unlikely. The last major goalie to be dealt during one was Miller, who struggled mightily post-trade.

This presumes a goalie market will open at the deadline, which recent history suggests is unlikely. The last major goalie to be dealt during one was Miller, who struggled mightily post-trade.

Would you categorize Georgiev as a major goalie?

That’s an honest question, not facetious or baiting.

Miller was dealt to St. Louis to start. Presumably, Georgiev would be dealt to be a backup somewhere.

Don’t know that it’s quite the same set of circumstances.

Any team right now is a test for a Rangers goalie. There's normally about 10 Grade "A" chances per game, on my count. I'm not so concerned with win/loss for Shesterkin. (albeit, I'd love to see him win!), I'm looking at his positioning, and reflexes as to where the puck is on the ice....

Last time I watched him, he remeinded me a little of Hasek....I know...bite my tongue, but his style kinda reminded me of the Dominator! (I can only hope he's that good!) :thumbs:

Yeah by deadline times, teams vying for a playoff spot usually have their goalie situation in order otherwise they probably aren’t in the hunt playoff wise. Teams locked in usually trade for insurance which doesn’t bring a large return. Now is when his value is highest, while teams on the outside looking in might give up a bit more if they think they still have a chance to turn around a season.