• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NBC Suspends Jeremy Roenick Following Barstool Sports Comments

Phil

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lmfao! Roenick just went up a notch in my book. Hilarious. You know what's funnier is that you can bet Roenick/Tappen/Sharp all joke like that with each other, but it's a problem because, as per usual, people like to whine and bitch about everything.
I don't think there is anyone in the public who's actually mad about it.

And while you may be right about them probably joking around about it in private, there's a difference about what you're willing to joke about in your private life versus what you want out there on a podcast that hundreds of thousands of people listen to and will put out on social media.

Frankly no matter what job you're in you can't make comments like that about sex with your co-workers in public.

And if you're his wife, you might not want that out there either. Even if you're kind of into it, your sex life is no one's business.

If she was offended then so be it .....otherwise, who cares...I listened to this podcast and knew this would end up going somewhere because of this overly sensitive society we live in. You cant even make jokes anymore.....its kind of crazy.
It tappan was your daughter would you feel that way about a guy that is almost twice her age going on a podcast and making a joke like that, especially knowing that they work together? It's hard enough to be a woman in sports.

Also, she wasn't happy about it.

Why is it so hard for dudes to accept that the things you might say to two or three of your friends while drinking is not okay to say in front of the entire world?

If she was offended then so be it .....otherwise, who cares...I listened to this podcast and knew this would end up going somewhere because of this overly sensitive society we live in. You cant even make jokes anymore.....its kind of crazy.

It?s not being overly sensitive, what he did was wrong. As Pete said, it?s a huge difference saying between a few friends without an audience. What?s kind of crazy is that people can?t distinguish difference

It’s not being overly sensitive, what he did was wrong. As Pete said, it’s a huge difference saying between a few friends without an audience. What’s kind of crazy is that people can’t distinguish difference

It's not that a difference can't be distinguished, it's just possible disagreement over handling it. Let the people involved deal with it. If Tappen or Sharp had an issue with it and they brought it up to NBC then by all means, do what needs to be done. But I hadn't heard either of them had a problem with it until Pete said she did. No source was posted though.

It's not that a difference can't be distinguished, it's just possible disagreement over handling it. Let the people involved deal with it. If Tappen or Sharp had an issue with it and they brought it up to NBC then by all means, do what needs to be done. But I hadn't heard either of them had a problem with it until Pete said she did. No source was posted though.

Maybe they did it behind closed doors instead of requesting it publicly. (see what I did there)

It tappan was your daughter would you feel that way about a guy that is almost twice her age going on a podcast and making a joke like that, especially knowing that they work together? It's hard enough to be a woman in sports.

Also, she wasn't happy about it.

Why is it so hard for dudes to accept that the things you might say to two or three of your friends while drinking is not okay to say in front of the entire world?

I guess a lot of comedians will be disappointed that their careers are over. Tough to make $$ performing for 2 or 3 of your friends at a time. Venue is the same; the whole podcast is rampant with jokes and off color commentary.

I'm not even saying I think its moral to talk like that; I'm just an advocate for free speech even when it may be offensive to some.

I guess a lot of comedians will be disappointed that their careers are over. Tough to make $$ performing for 2 or 3 of your friends at a time. Venue is the same; the whole podcast is rampant with jokes and off color commentary.
This isn't that.

I'm not even saying I think its moral to talk like that; I'm just an advocate for free speech even when it may be offensive to some.

People love to throw around free speech but all that means is you're not going to jail for saying it. It doesn't mean that your employer can't suspend you over a public sexual comment about your co workers. I'm sure NBC has a code of conduct that's been violated here.

They're dealing with it. JR is suspended, not fired.

Why does it need a source? Is that information in dispute? It's been on Twitter for hours.

They're dealing with it. JR is suspended, not fired.

Why does it need a source? Is that information in dispute? It's been on Twitter for hours.

He was off the clock, and I wish some things would be dealt differently over something said away from the workplace, rather than kneejerk indefinite suspensions. Especially when they are friends and have a good rapport outside of work. If Tappen didn't like JR's jokes, she sure as shit wouldn't be vacationing with him and his wife. By the way, her statement sounded written up by a NBC PR rep rather than "woe is me, I feel betrayed by a friend":

But you're right in your other post that NBC can handle it as they wish. If Roenick doesn't like the rules that's too bad. Work somewhere else.