• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#31) Rangers @ San Jose Sharks // This Was Not A Boat Accident

Phil

Player of the Game  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Player of the Game

• Artemi Panarin
    • Mika Zibanejad
    • Filip Chytil
    • Jesper Fast
    • Martin Jones

GDT_2018-19_Header.png?raw=1

REGULAR SEASON GAME #32 ? 12/12/2019

rangers1.gif?raw=1 @ sharks1.gif?raw=1

Time: 10:30 PM

TV: NBCSCA, MSG

Radio: 98.7 FM, 107.1 FM, 710 AM, Sirius XM

USEFUL LINKS:

Coverage: @NYP_Brooksie ? @BrettCyrgalis ? @HartnettHockey ? @RickCarpiniello ? @ColinASteph ? @vzmercogliano

Team Official: @NYRangers ? NYR on Instagram

Official Team Websites: rangers.nhl.com ? sharks.nhl.com

GameCenter - here

GDT_2018-19_Spacer.png?raw=1

NYR.gif?raw=1

Standings:

[table=width: 300, class: grid, align: center]

[tr]

[td]RECORD:[/td]

[td]15-12-3 (33 Points)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]POSITION:[/td]

[td]6th ? Metro[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]ROW:[/td]

[td]15[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]HOME:[/td]

[td]8-6-2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]AWAY:[/td]

[td]7-6-1[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]S/O:[/td]

[td]0-1[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]LAST 10:[/td]

[td]6-3-1[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]STREAK:[/td]

[td]L1[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Team Statistics:

[tr]

[td]DIFF:[/td]

[td]0 (T-15th)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]GF/GP:[/td]

[td]3.13 (12th)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]GA/GP:[/td]

[td]3.10 (21st)[/td][/tr]

[tr]

[td]PP%:[/td]

[td]20.6% (11th)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]PK%:[/td]

[td]77.7% (24th)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Corsi For (CF)%[/td]

[td]43.12% (31st)[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Team Leaders:

[tr]

[td]Goals:[/td]

[td]Artemi Panarin (15)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Assists:[/td]

[td]Artemi Panarin (22)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Points:[/td]

[td]Artemi Panarin (37)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]+/-:[/td]

[td]Artemi Panarin (+12)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]PIM:[/td]

[td]Brendan Lemieux (59)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]TOI/G (D):[/td]

[td]Jacob Trouba (22:51)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]TOI/G (F):[/td]

[td]Mika Zibanejad (20:47)[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Starting Lineup:^

Artemi Panarin / Mika Zibanejad A / Kappo Kakko

Chris KreiderA/ Filip Chytil / Ryan Strome

Brendan Lemieux / Brett Howden / Pavel Buchnevih

Brendan Smith / Gregg McKegg / Jesper Fast A

Brady Skjei / Jacob Trouba

Ryan Lindgren / Adam Fox

Marc Staal / Tony DeAngelo

^ Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Alexandar Georgiev

[tr]

[td]GS[/td]

[td]13[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]REC[/td]

[td]8-5-1[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]SV%[/td]

[td].926[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]GAA[/td]

[td]2.67[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]SO[/td]

[td]2[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Healthy Scratches:

Micheal Haley

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

D Libor Hajek [DTD] ? Lower-body injury; out 3-4 weeks

SJS.gif?raw=1

Standings:

[tr]

[td]RECORD:[/td]

[td]15-16-2 (32 Points)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]POSITION:[/td]

[td]6th ? Pacific[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]ROW:[/td]

[td]13[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]HOME:[/td]

[td]9-7-0[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]AWAY:[/td]

[td]6-9-2[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]S/O:[/td]

[td]2-1[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]LAST 10:[/td]

[td]4-5-1[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]STREAK:[/td]

[td]L3[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Team Statistics:

[tr]

[td]DIFF:[/td]

[td]-25 (23rd)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]GF/GP:[/td]

[td]2.64 (24th)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]GA/GP:[/td]

[td]3.42 (29th)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]PP%:[/td]

[td]16.0% (23rd)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]PK%:[/td]

[td]88.3% (1st)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Corsi For (CF)%[/td]

[td]50.63% (14th)[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Team Leaders:

[tr]

[td]Goals:[/td]

[td]Evander Kane (13)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Assists:[/td]

[td]Erik Karlsson (21)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Points:[/td]

[td]Logan Couture (29)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]+/-:[/td]

[td]Logan Couture (+3)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]PIM:[/td]

[td]Evander Kane (75)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]TOI/G (D):[/td]

[td]Erik Karlsson (24:38)[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]TOI/G (F):[/td]

[td]Evander Kane (19:37)[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Starting Lineup:^

Evander Kane / Logan Couture C / Barclay Goodrow

Timo Meier / Tomas Hertl A / Kevin Labanc

Marcus Sorensen / Joe Thornton A / Patrick Marleau

Noah Gregor / Dylan Gambrell / Melker Karlsson

Brenden Dillon / Brent Burns A

Marc-Edouard Vlasic / Erik Karlsson A

Mario Ferraro / Tim Heed

^ Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Martin Jones

[tr]

[td]GS[/td]

[td]25[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]REC[/td]

[td]12-12-1[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]SV%[/td]

[td].891[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]GAA[/td]

[td]3.23[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]SO[/td]

[td]0[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Healthy Scratches:

Lukas Radil

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

D Radim Simek [iR] ? Knee injury; Sidelined indefinitely

D Dalton Prout [iR] ? Upper-body injury

F Antti Suomela [iR] ? Upper-body injury

QUOTE(S) TO NOTE:

[table=width: 630, align: center]

[tr]

[td=align: center]

"We didn't shoot enough. I feel like every time I talk to the media, it's the same thing ? we didn't shoot enough.

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

? Chris Kreider on the Rangers' loss to the Kings

GIF(S) TO LOL:

giphy.gif

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if someone gets left in SJ. Prime trade partner.

Come on man....Jaws quote first!!! Let's go fella, get with it!!! LOL ;)

But solid point! Whatcha thinkin' Josh man? Georgie?

Both their goalies are 30 yrs old and are not exactly lighting the world on fire. I wouldn't mind clipping their 1st rounder, or 2nd rounder, because there's not too much on that roster that makes me leave a stain in my shorts. :rofl:

Kakko is on his knees more than an amputee who hands out BJs while gardening. It's hard watching him enter the zone and get pile-drived every time. Boys got the frame of Getzlaf and the brittle balance of a new born Giraffe sometimes. I know they're gunning for him but we desperately need him to learn to be a tad more physical. Sure, he has lots of time to develop/grow both physically and mentally but hes fully is capable of dropping a shoulder into someones chest. I think its hurting his game a bit. Fight back, my dude. Stand tall.

Also, anyone else feel that we need draw defenders high and try getting it to Kakko hanging in the low slot more frequently? That's his bread and butter.

My shitty two cents.

• Like 1

Don't think you're necessarily wrong he hasn't been good other than a few plays that standout which give me hope. At this rate though imo it's going to take this year and possibly even next for him to hit his stride. Selfishly I'm pretty disappointed so far. Chytil can hopefully pick up the pace too sooner rather than later.

All the preseason talk across the hockey world of Hughes and Kakko coming in and making big contributions right off the bat have proven false.

When it's all said and done at this point we're still very much a work in progress. Some great nights and some terrible. Enjoy the good ones and shake off the bad.

I'm not disappointed with his play but there are some fundamental physical aspects he needs to add to his game. He is talented enough that I'm confident he will naturally figure it out (or a way around it) but right now, at the moment, we need to work on breaking the habit of him losing confidence because hes confused as to why he couldn't make something happen on the ice when hes been on his knees a 1/3 of the time.

I still think he needs a stint in the AHL

I was against him playing in the AHL at first, Vodka. I really wanted to see him play, and thought he would adapt quickly to become that perennial lottery ticket star player we've never been able to obtain. He still very well may be, but I'm starting to think a stint in the AHL may be just what he needs to get himself together and get his feet under him.

It did a lot for Chytil, and I'm seeing Chytil in a different way; He seems more in control and not as much of a deer in the headlights. Kakko is struggling, and I realize he's only 18...but that in itself may be a good reason to let him get some confidence, and get his game on track.

Kakko seems very shy with the puck of late, more than normal, and it was cool to see Panarin try to give the kid a gift against Vegas the other night. But I think that helped make it pretty clear that even his team mates realize he's struggling.

So I'm gonna just say that I'm OK with him staying here, because I'm a greedy bastard and I wanna see him pull it together and just take off. But yeah man, I can totally understand the premise of sending him down to get his shit together. He could probably use some time in the weight room as well, but that's a topic for another day! ;)

Rookie scoring leaders:

1) Victor Olofsson - 28 pts, 24 yrs old

2) Cale Makar ----- 28 pts, 21 yrs old

3) Quinn Hughes -- 24 pts, 20 yrs old

4) Ilya Mikheyev -- 17 pts, 25 yrs old

5) Martin Necas --- 16 pts, 20 yrs old

6) Adam Fox ------ 16 pts, 21 yrs old

7) Nick Suzuki ---- 15 pts, 20 yrs old

8) Kaapo Kakko --- 14 pts, 18 yrs old

Kakko is doing fine. He doesn't need to go to the AHL. He's 18. He's going to get stronger. He keeps playing with Bread and Mika and he'll move up ^this^ list rather quickly.

Point totals are a poor way of addressing deficiencies in his game. 9 of his 14 points have come on the PP. He still struggles with time and space at even strength. Strength isn't his issue. His issues are assessing how to properly enter a zone (dump vs. carrying), shot selection, dipsy doodling the puck into a turnover, not engaging for loose pucks, shying from physicality. I'm sure most of these are a byproduct of being 18 but saying he's doing fine seems a lot more positive than is reflective of his actual play. With the exception of a brief span, there hasn't been significant progression in his on-ice play. I'm not going to let occasional points mask his deficiencies. There are changes he needs to make to his game that have nothing to do with speed or strength. He can make those changes in season. I don't care if he does it in New York or Hartford if he really doesn't find himself progressing.

Strong man, submissive mentality. A little more snarl please.

Like Nash, I'm not sure that's something that's going to actually develop. That sort of thing exists (or doesn't) in people. Fight or flight. I think we need to resign ourselves to this fact early to avoid disappointment. He's more Nash or Jagr, less Forsberg or Lindros.

I'm not disappointed as I am fully aware of his age and the development curve BUUUT he and the team can address some of these Kakko constants. I dont expect him to be Lindros by any stretch. They're minor fixes he should be forming through new habit. If insanity is doing the same thing over and over without new result, hes well on his way to an institution. I cant stand seeing him on the bench wondering "why?" when the answer is merely an adjustment.

I know. Patience.

Just had to put that out there as I haven't seen or heard too many address the #KakkoDown situation. We have our very own Hartnell with polar opposite skill sets.

I'm not disappointed as I am fully aware of his age and the development curve BUUUT he and the team can address some of these Kakko constants. I dont expect him to be Lindros by any stretch. They're minor fixes he should be forming through new habit. If insanity is doing the same thing over and over without new result, hes well on his way to an institution. I cant stand seeing him on the bench wondering "why?" when the answer is merely an adjustment.

I know. Patience.

Just had to put that out there as I haven't seen or heard too many address the #KakkoDown situation. We have our very own Hartnell with polar opposite skill sets.

I'm talking purely about "snarl." They can absolutely work with him on a slew of things — skating, conditioning, not skating puck-first into coverage, etc. But asking players who don't inherently have snarl to play with it is a mistake. I'm still waiting for McDonagh's "mean streak" to blossom, for example (cough*Puck Head*cough).

I'm talking purely about "snarl." They can absolutely work with him on a slew of things — skating, conditioning, not skating puck-first into coverage, etc. But asking players who don't inherently have snarl to play with it is a mistake. I'm still waiting for McDonagh's "mean streak" to blossom, for example (cough*Puck Head*cough).

Touche. I was a banger/energy guy my whole life so his flakey tendencies raise my blood pressure. Don't take any of this the wrong way. I absolutely love the kid and very content with his overall play. It's just this pattern I've noticed and like a primed pimple, I popped. Talking Rangers hockey in Colorado is literally impossible. All they care about is hula hoops, cats, and waxing their Pruiuses.

• Like 1

At even strength Kakko is looking alot like Chytil did last season. Losing his legs, pucked stripped and being rubbed out on the boards. His core strength and balance should be significantly better next season after a summer of training (Prentiss hopefully). He will/should get a power skating coach as well. Once he gets his man body tuned for the NHL he'll be great. Like someone on here mentioned he in that Svechnikov first season break in period.

At even strength Kakko is looking alot like Chytil did last season. Losing his legs, pucked stripped and being rubbed out on the boards. His core strength and balance should be significantly better next season after a summer of training (Prentiss hopefully). He will/should get a power skating coach as well. Once he gets his man body tuned for the NHL he'll be great. Like someone on here mentioned he in that Svechnikov first season break in period.

Exactly the comparison I’ve been thinking as well.

Come on man....Jaws quote first!!! Let's go fella, get with it!!! LOL ;)

But solid point! Whatcha thinkin' Josh man? Georgie?

Both their goalies are 30 yrs old and are not exactly lighting the world on fire. I wouldn't mind clipping their 1st rounder, or 2nd rounder, because there's not too much on that roster that makes me leave a stain in my shorts. :rofl:

This belongs to the Senators in the Karlson deal. The Sens are looking better and better every day. Also part of the reason deBoer got fired in my opinon. Management never thought they'd be giving up a high first-rounder in 2020.

edit: Also their 2021 2nd rounder goes to the Sens as well. I don't think the Sharks will be trading any more of their picks for players.

Things you learn and adjust to at the NHl level, too. Can’t be replicated elsewhere .