• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#31) Rangers @ Los Angeles Kings // F.A.M.

Morphinity 2.0

Player of the Game  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Player of the Game

• Kaapo Kakko
    • Tony DeAngelo
    • Artemi Panarin
    • Mika Zibanejad
    • Other: Please specify

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rough night. Tony DeAngelo looked like he had a night out in Vegas. My god, he didn't make a single play with the puck all night.

And not that it really mattered, because they only mustered one measly goal and hardly shot the puck all night, but Hank looked horrible. Every shot on goal seemed like it had a chance to go in. Poor rebound control, etc. It's been a long time since I've been to a game where I felt that way.

I'm not going to come in here and say people can't be upset with a poor performance.

But surely what we're seeing is exactly what was expected of this team. Good games, mediocre games, terrible games. Good runs, terrible runs. High end talent that, on their day, can go toe to toe with anyone. And, simultaneously, a young team trying to find their way who are capable of losing to absolutely everyone.

Ultimately, a team that is probably good enough to just about hang around the WC spots for a good portion of the season, but likely to come up short in the end.

I've sort of made my peace with that and try to not get too high when they do well, and certainly not get too low when they suck. I imagine it's going to be a long season otherwise.

• Like 2

I'm not going to come in here and say people can't be upset with a poor performance.

But surely what we're seeing is exactly what was expected of this team. Good games, mediocre games, terrible games. Good runs, terrible runs. High end talent that, on their day, can go toe to toe with anyone. And, simultaneously, a young team trying to find their way who are capable of losing to absolutely everyone.

Ultimately, a team that is probably good enough to just about hang around the WC spots for a good portion of the season, but likely to come up short in the end.

I've sort of made my peace with that and try to not get too high when they do well, and certainly not get too low when they suck. I imagine it's going to be a long season otherwise.

But with that said

SO MUCH better than last year. Hell, we could be the Devils!?!?

If we didn't owe it to Brian Leetch, I can't fathom why we owe it to Henrik Lundqvist in a cap league.

True.

Having said that, this team, frustrating as nights like tonight can be, is much more fun to watch than the last 2 seasons. You can see the end of the tunnel. They are not yet close to a Cup contender, but with more Georgiev and less Lundqvist there's an outside shot at an 8 seed. Don't think they're bad enough to get a great pick in any draft lottery anyway, there's nothing wrong with getting in and taking some lumps in an early round loss. Getting your feet wet in the playoffs would not be a bad thing. But if they insist on pretending Lundqvist is still a #1, forget it.

Shoot the goddamn puck...

• Like 1

shoot, Shoot, SHOOT!

This team just will not shoot...this is on the coach at this point. Joe Mich termed it an "epidemic"....I had to laugh because he's right. I'm tired of watching pass after pass with no shots!

I'm starting to sour on Buchnevich. Guy passes up way too many chances to shoot.

He's just an example of a player that plays soft and doesn't shoot or crash the net. I'm hoping he learns how to play the North American game after he's been through this now for a few years...not looking that way though.

Yeah too much of the EU game, not enough NA.

Yup! See above quote for Buchnevich example.

Tough game but this team is on the right track imo

I'm good with their progress shown so far, Vodka. We have some really good ones, and some duds, like last night.

This team has to learn how to get the puck to the net, and crash for rebounds as well as make Russian Red Army, pretty passing, highlight reel plays.

....Just shoot the fucking thing, crash the net. and start banging in rebounds....good Christ!

This team just will not shoot...this is on the coach at this point. Joe Mich termed it an "epidemic"....I had to laugh because he's right. I'm tired of watching pass after pass with no shots!

He's just an example of a player that plays soft and doesn't shoot or crash the net. I'm hoping he learns how to play the North American game after he's been through this now for a few years...not looking that way though.

Yup! See above quote for Buchnevich example.

I'm good with their progress shown so far, Vodka. We have some really good ones, and some duds, like last night.

This team has to learn how to get the puck to the net, and crash for rebounds as well as make Russian Red Army, pretty passing, highlight reel plays.

....Just shoot the fucking thing, crash the net. and start banging in rebounds....good Christ!

But it’s not on the coach. The coach has said it over and over. He’s said it in private. He’s said it in the media. “They don’t shoot the puck.” It’s on the players to shoot, specifically Kakko. I get that his game is to hold on to the puck but he has to learn that this league is faster than any other and there’s a time and a place for it.

But it?s not on the coach. The coach has said it over and over. He?s said it in private. He?s said it in the media. ?They don?t shoot the puck.? It?s on the players to shoot, specifically Kakko. I get that his game is to hold on to the puck but he has to learn that this league is faster than any other and there?s a time and a place for it.

I'm an advocate of Quinn, 3-1...I like him, and I think he's going to be really good for this team going forward...but Jesus man....This team is frustrating to watch when they do that shit!

Could you imagine what Keenan would say back there...he'd fucking kill these guys! :rofl:

But it?s not on the coach. The coach has said it over and over. He?s said it in private. He?s said it in the media. ?They don?t shoot the puck.? It?s on the players to shoot, specifically Kakko. I get that his game is to hold on to the puck but he has to learn that this league is faster than any other and there?s a time and a place for it.

Kakko had 8 shots on goal last night. Panarin was the next closest with 4.

But I agree with the first part of your post. He has said it time and time again to take shots.

• Like 1

Uh... 2 bad this group decided not to score... oh, shooting the puck is essential to scoring... Mr. Quinn has yet to implant that thought in many of these guys.. Oh well, this loss gives the naysayers another opportunity to wail and moan... me? I went to sleep before the game even started but I'm still a yaysayer... Bye, bye 'til next time... oh and, H.F.