• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vitali Kravtsov Returns to Hartford Wolf Pack

Phil

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! I’m sure he’s going to Hartford but I wonder if he gets a shot in ny anytime soon

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Seems he has a lot of work to do to even get a sniff. Some poor choices have been made not only by him but his agent and parents. Hopefully with Rykov and Shesterkin in the mix he can start playing like we know he can.

Seems he has a lot of work to do to even get a sniff. Some poor choices have been made not only by him but his agent and parents. Hopefully with Rykov and Shesterkin in the mix he can start playing like we know he can.

Weren't they in the mix the first time? I'm very curious how he's received by the other players. I'm sure it won't be all warm and fuzzy to start.

It is certain that Kravtsov, once he returns, will be assigned to Hartford (AHL), where he will have an opportunity to salvage this season and perhaps earn a chance to play in the NHL with the Rangers at some point later in 2019-20.

Rangers GM Jeff Gorton has said that the team wants to be able to better control his development and thus is attempting to arrange his return to North America.

?He felt it was in his best interest to go back and we allowed him to do that,? Gorton told reporters on Monday. ?I will say we?ve had a number of conversations with his agent recently just to revisit what?s best for him right now.

Details are still being worked out. There is no certain timetable for Kravtsov?s return at the moment.

https://theathletic.com/1456346/2019/12/12/rangers-taking-steps-to-return-vitali-kravtsov-from-russia-to-north-america/?source=shared-article

[/b]

Weren't they in the mix the first time? I'm very curious how he's received by the other players. I'm sure it won't be all warm and fuzzy to start.

Rykov was hurt.

And its still not that easy. They both grew up in Moscow. Kravstov was near the border of North Korea and China. I can only imagine how different they are. Still great to have somenone to talk to, but doesnt mean theyll be BFFs.

I think the teammates will be fine. It's a business. He's young. Theyll understand.