• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vitali Kravtsov Returns to Hartford Wolf Pack

Phil

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full translation of Russia article:

Tractor CEO Boris Vidgof said that striker Vitaliy Kravtsov returned to Russia dismantled from the United States.

“Of course, some exchanges are possible, but Vitaly Kravtsov remains in the club. The guy just came, the guy plays, not everything works out.

Now he went to help the VHL team to get to some condition, because he came dismantled and upset from America, ”said Vidgof.

At the moment, the 19-year-old hockey player is located at Chelmet .

https://www.sports.ru/hockey/1081207625.html

This Gillian Kemmerer interviewed Federov last month:

GK: New York Rangers prospect Vitali Kravtsov has made big news lately. He was sent down to Hartford and decided to exercise a clause in his contract that allowed him to return to Traktor Chelyabinsk. It has sparked a debate over whether an NHL prospect better develops in the AHL versus the KHL.

SF: It’s a unique situation—I do not know Vitaly well as a player or a person. I know what they’re debating: he was not willing to stay in the system, to go on the buses for 10-12 hours. Where were his agents and parents to set expectations? Did he think that he was going to the New York Rangers’ top two lines? He could be a top-six forward, but if you look at the roster, there are already 27 or 28 players. Where do you fit? That’s where agents need to come in to set expectations. You have to talk to the kid like an adult. Obviously Vitali has great potential, but I have seen a lot of great young talents where nothing happens.

I think we have to wait and see. It’s possible he will get more ice time [here], and will develop in a year or so to play in the NHL. But again, he left the system of the Rangers. It is going to be up to him. He needs a plan now. I’m telling you, he needs a plan every game. He chose to come back and play for his home team, which has really struggled. Russian fans welcome that. American fans, probably not — they think that in the North American system, he can learn quicker (smaller ice size and so on). That is true too. We have to wait and see. Hopefully, he becomes a KHL star—but now, I think he has to stay here until 24 or 25 years old. He does not need to go back earlier than that, aside from training camps. He needs a good advisor, and support of his parents—but they are not to advise him on what to do. Then we’ll see.

It’s not a strong opinion; it’s a dry opinion on the basis of my experience.

GK: What is your blanket advice to Russian players coming to the NHL?

SF: For me, play in the KHL and become a top player here. That’s what Kaprizov and Sorokin have done. That’s a good platform, not NHL level—but it’s good, comparative hockey here.

If we come back to Kravtsov, he needs to do the same.

https://www.thecaviardiplomat.com/home/2019/10/31/one-on-one-with-sergei-fedorov

I know he wasn't a first rounder,but because of his numbers,the rangers and the fans had a lot of hope

I can’t speak for fans, but I don’t think the organization did. Many thought his numbers were inflated cause he played with Duchene. Like Rob Pearson has playing on a line with Lindros. Which is why they took him in 3rd round

And they were right.