• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Phil

Any of the originals going to be in this? That was Bill Murray's voice right?

Yes they're all going to be in this except Harold Ramis, because he is dead; and Rick Moranis, because he retired long ago to care for his children. The latter hasn't been confirmed in any articles or videos that I have seen regarding the movie, its more of an assumption. It would be awesome if they're keeping it on the hush to have some kind of a surprise appearance.

http://www.blueshirtsbrotherhood.com/showthread.php?22161-Dan-Aykroyd-Confirms-Original-Cast-Are-Returning-for-Ghostbusters-III

• 1 year later...
  • Phil changed the title to Ghostbusters: Afterlife
14 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

How is no one talking about this movie??????  Most of us are in the target range where this was probably one of, or in my case, my favorite movie/cartoon as a kid.  Anyone else see it yet?

When is it coming to Netflix? Lol 

On 11/24/2021 at 7:48 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

How is no one talking about this movie??????  Most of us are in the target range where this was probably one of, or in my case, my favorite movie/cartoon as a kid.  Anyone else see it yet?

I'm not stepping foot in a movie theater until the 8th or 9th covid variant is under control. Probably have booster number 8,214 by then too. 

Lol I'm kidding.  I'll never get vaccinated! LOL. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 

Was thinking about going this weekend. Didn't have time. 

Edited by The Dude

I went this weekend with my kids to see it in theaters. Absolutely loved it. They did an excellent job on it, lots of throw backs to the original 2, it follows more with the first movie though. If your a fan of the original movies, watch this movie. You have to watch past all the credits because there is an extra scene after everything that is huge. My kids loved it as well, they loved the first two. They even snuck in a ghost from the Teal Ghostbusters toys. I saw him and was like I had the toy version of him. It is so worth it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYR2711 said:

I went this weekend with my kids to see it in theaters. Absolutely loved it. They did an excellent job on it, lots of throw backs to the original 2, it follows more with the first movie though. If your a fan of the original movies, watch this movie. You have to watch past all the credits because there is an extra scene after everything that is huge. My kids loved it as well, they loved the first two. They even snuck in a ghost from the Teal Ghostbusters toys. I saw him and was like I had the toy version of him. It is so worth it.

Yes the mid and end credit scenes were great.  I don't wanna post any spoilers so I'll leave it at that.  I should have posted that earlier, if anyone goes to see it then stay until the end of the credits.  There are two extra scenes.  

• TroCheckmark 1

29 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Yes the mid and end credit scenes were great.  I don't wanna post any spoilers so I'll leave it at that.  I should have posted that earlier, if anyone goes to see it then stay until the end of the credits.  There are two extra scenes.  

Yes, the first one I was dying. And then the last one is the important one. But I loved the whole movie, they really did a good job, it was a nice homage to the original cast. Was hoping Rick Moranis was gonna make a surprise appearance.

7 minutes ago, NYR2711 said:

Yes, the first one I was dying. And then the last one is the important one. But I loved the whole movie, they really did a good job, it was a nice homage to the original cast. Was hoping Rick Moranis was gonna make a surprise appearance.

I figured he wouldn't.  He retired from acting after his wife died so he could be with his children.  But man, if there was ever a time to at least make some kind of cameo, this was it.  I love how they still made Vinz Clotho seem kind of goofy just like Louis Tully was when he was possessed by Vinz.

Edited by SaveByRichter35
  • TroCheckmark 1

21 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I figured he wouldn't.  He retired from acting after his wife died so he could be with his children.  But man, if there was ever a time to at least make some kind of cameo, this was it.  I love how they still made Vinz Clotho seem kind of goofy just like Louis Tully was when he was possessed by Vinz.

I think he actually un-retired for a short while a year ago.  But got attacked and punched in the head by one of the non existing crazy pieces of shit that aren't in NYC. 

Absolutely loved it. Thought it did a nice job of paying homage while also standing on its own. McKenna Grace really carries the movie and is a hell of an actor for a kid. Also a really touching tribute to Harold Ramis. I'd be welcome to seeing more should they choose to continue with the franchise which I'd expect them to.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

That was as close to perfect as you can get. Very entertaining with a lot of charm. I knew from seeing McKenna Grace in some of her first movies she was going to be a good one, and she was great in this movie. Good nostalgia, good fan service and good new story beats as well. A lot of sequels/reboots haven't done much of anything for me over the years, in fact some of flat out ruined once proud IPs. This one checked all of the boxes.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...