• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

It?s Starting to Feel More and More Like a Lost Season for the Leafs

Phil

They waited too long to fire Babcock and their backup goaltending is pathetic. That's pretty much their season in a nutshell.

It's a shame because Andersen is putting up Vezina-caliber numbers, but they won't play him every game. They did play him on the second half of a B2B vs. COL, which is extremely rare, but they couldn't pull it out even though they played fairly well.

Something definitely stinks in that locker room though. The way they just gave up in that Philadelphia game was disgusting.

They waited too long to fire Babcock and their backup goaltending is pathetic. That's pretty much their season in a nutshell.

It's a shame because Andersen is putting up Vezina-caliber numbers, but they won't play him every game. They did play him on the second half of a B2B vs. COL, which is extremely rare, but they couldn't pull it out even though they played fairly well.

Something definitely stinks in that locker room though. The way they just gave up in that Philadelphia game was disgusting.

Babs should have been fired after the playoffs.

What the last 2 summers have shown that it's ust a group of guys playing for themselves and their contracts.

Babs should have been fired after the playoffs.

What the last 2 summers have shown that it's ust a group of guys playing for themselves and their contracts.

Maybe, yeah, or at the very least it shows the fragility of a group who've never experienced losing and pretty clearly have no idea how to navigate their way out of it now that they're in it.

They don't have any defencemen or defensive structure and thus, have no tactical baseline to go back to when times are tough, I don't think it's that difficult to understand, they have 50% of the cap tied up in 4 forwards.

Who would have thought, with all the math used to assemble the team, that it could ever go wrong?

Everyone is talking about the Leafs, but the Lightning are far more surprising to me. From 62 wins and 128 points to the mess they look like right now. They had 16 regulation losses last year, and they already have 10 this year. Did Columbus break them? Was JT Miller the glue (LOL)?

I was expecting Tampa to a bit shoddy during the regular season and then formidable in the playoffs. They are shoddier than expected. If making the playoffs looks iffy in February do they fire Cooper? Reminds of Pittsburgh's 1991 and 1992 cup teams that in spite of outstanding personnel looked like they would miss the playoffs and then turned it around and mowed down the opposition in the playoffs.

I was expecting Tampa to a bit shoddy during the regular season and then formidable in the playoffs. They are shoddier than expected. If making the playoffs looks iffy in February do they fire Cooper? Reminds of Pittsburgh's 1991 and 1992 cup teams that in spite of outstanding personnel looked like they would miss the playoffs and then turned it around and mowed down the opposition in the playoffs.

All they have to do is get hot in march/april. They certainly can with their talent

I honestly think this is just good for Tampa. Play shit in october-desember, but still taking enough points to stay in the playoff race, and then start playing better after new year. You see with Blues last season that carrying momentum and good play into the playoff is the most important thing, how you play in desember doesnt really matter (as long as you get enough points to dont fall way behind).

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I honestly think this is just good for Tampa. Play shit in october-desember, but still taking enough points to stay in the playoff race, and then start playing better after new year. You see with Blues last season that carrying momentum and good play into the playoff is the most important thing, how you play in desember doesnt really matter (as long as you get enough points to dont fall way behind).

Wonder how many GMs look at the Blues for last year and draw the wrong conclusion, that his team is close enough to make the playoffs and have a run in them, rather than sensibly being sellers at the deadline. And worse for the Leafs, their fan base is going to demand they try to augment rather than trade of some of this group. You cannot tie up that much money in 4 players.

Wonder how many GMs look at the Blues for last year and draw the wrong conclusion, that his team is close enough to make the playoffs and have a run in them, rather than sensibly being sellers at the deadline. And worse for the Leafs, their fan base is going to demand they try to augment rather than trade of some of this group. You cannot tie up that much money in 4 players.

Well, that should be positive for Rangers atleast. More buyers = bigger return.