• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lemieux vs. Hayes

ThirtyONE

It doesn?t really matter and I hate hindsight but the other day TSN mentioned Hayes by name and said he?s playing very well for Philly. I haven?t watched a second of their season so I have no idea but after Lemieux?s goal I looked up his stats... then Hayes.

Brendan Lemiuex has three less points than Hayes.... THREE.

He?s been a force all season long and what was considered a throw in has been a very very pleasant surprise. Allow this to be your thread for all Lemieux praise. Thank you.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's grown on me a lot. He's worked on a lot of the issues I had with his game like puck handling and poor shot selection. His defensive game has also been a pleasant surprise and I hope it keeps growing. I think he definitely grows into a pretty useful 20-20 guy.

Which would be enormous if Kreider is traded.

He?s going to be a fan favorite if we sign him long term. Honestly, he?s been great and if he had a multi year deal guaranteed, i think he would elevate his physical game even more knowing an injury wouldn?t affect him monetarily.

Can he play even harder?? Did you see his face last week? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Which would be enormous if Kreider is traded.

I can't even watch Kreider anymore...after watching last night, I hope they trade him for a skate sharpener!

Can he play even harder?? Did you see his face last week? Lol

I'm diggin' Lemeiux, Zuuc man!!! ...we need guys like that. I love the effort he gives...he looks like a playoff type player...you know, the ones that get the puck deep and finish checks???

...unlike 95% of the rest of the roster. ;)

I wouldn't sign him long term, either. He screams "body breakdown" to me.

He’s what, 23 or so? Even if he is the type to have his body breakdown, it’s not going to start until his late 20s. A good 3-4 year deal would be fine if the price is right. I actually think he has potential to be even better than he’s been.

He?s what, 23 or so? Even if he is the type to have his body breakdown, it?s not going to start until his late 20s. A good 3-4 year deal would be fine if the price is right. I actually think he has potential to be even better than he?s been.
Agreed. 3-4 years sounds right. When I hear long term, I always think 6-8yrs.