• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lemieux vs. Hayes

ThirtyONE

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ain't going 7x7 for a guy like Hayes. He's good, but not THAT good.

I'll take Lemeiux right now. He fills a piece of the puzzle we need. Hayes would take up way too much cap, and I think for 7 million, we may need that down the pike a bit to retain some players that are on their ELC's right now.

He was in the midst of a career year, 42 points in 51 games, at the time of the trade...

I'm biased against him because his play away from the puck and defensively often had him making the wrong choices, and his effort levels seemed more in line with the typical player who comes to NY with promise only to underachieve and then fall into slumps and invisibility. I'd expect him to have a career year playing for a contract, but even then there was a lot about his game to be frustrated with.

I'm biased against him because his play away from the puck and defensively often had him making the wrong choices, and his effort levels seemed more in line with the typical player who comes to NY with promise only to underachieve and then fall into slumps and invisibility. I'd expect him to have a career year playing for a contract, but even then there was a lot about his game to be frustrated with.

I do not agree with this. He’s not a 100 mile an hour guy. But he was effective at what he did

Have to give him time to adjust

I don't think he's a $7 million player, Alba...but that's my opinion, my man.

I loved his size but I don't feel the effort from him. Takes games off, and for a center he should be doing more on the scoresheet. Adjustment period aside.

• 3 weeks later...