• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#27) Rangers at Columbus Blue Jackets // Torts, Be Nice

High and Wide

Who was the Player of the Game?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the Player of the Game?

• Jacob Trouba
    • Artemi Panarin
    • Alexandar Georgiev
    • Adam Fox
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think at this point you have to keep playing Georgiev. I was mystified why Quinn didn't play him after his shutout of New Jersey, seeing as Quinn had played Georgie a few games consecutively when he was playing well. It doesn't help that he faces a ton of shots every game and with a back to back here, I don't see it happening. But overall, he just needs to play more.

I think at this point you have to keep playing Georgiev. I was mystified why Quinn didn't play him after his shutout of New Jersey, seeing as Quinn had played Georgie a few games consecutively when he was playing well. It doesn't help that he faces a ton of shots every game and with a back to back here, I don't see it happening. But overall, he just needs to play more.

By metrics and eyeballs, Georgiev is the better goalie this season. Grant that the defense has often been terrible. But if you're making $8.5 million, you cannot have games where your team is down 2-0 before the anthem is over.

sometimes you steal a W. take it and move on.

i thought we played a very good second period until the end when we decided to turtle. if this was the coaches call i'd blame quinn.

also something needs to be done with the announcing. Sam was god awful last night and i can't stand Vally in the post game.

If you're Hank and you know the Rangers have a better chance of getting hit with a meteor than winning a cup this year, do you waive your NTC and go to a contender??

There's gotta be a team that needs a goalie like Hank.

If you're Hank and you know the Rangers have a better chance of getting hit with a meteor than winning a cup this year, do you waive your NTC and go to a contender??

There's gotta be a team that needs a goalie like Hank.

1. He doesn't want to go.

2. Not many teams can afford that cap hit.

3. We simply can't retain any more salary for dead cap space.

The worst part of that is number 1!

But you're right on all counts there Mr. Pete.

...just hoping

#3 is the big problem. He's had some very good games and the defense has been really bad at times.

But Lundqvist has not been lights out most nights. Think of it in these terms; Isles during their dynasty bragged what was great about Billy Smith was if they scored 5, he'd give up no more than 4. Has not been the case with Lundqvist, for a while. After the VGK game this week, how does a GM sign up for that? And give assets to acquire him even if NYR could pick up some salary. But reality is he's been a below average goalie for a while. Why would you trade for him over,say, Malcolm Subban?

Lundqvist's comments post game of VGK were a bit much, using "we" a lot. He's never getting called on it because of his stellar career.