• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kreider Linked to Arizona

Phil

I dont think you wait for the deadline to get a better deal, if you intend to trade Kreider. The last few deadline guys didnt go for that much. And the Rangers wont get "blown away", either. Lots of people thought Zucc would return a 1st +. Although Kreider is a commodity with his size, speed, strength, if you plan on trading him, theres no sense in waiting.

Plus, with AZ, they'd need to take back salary. The only expiring deal is Soderberg.

I dont think you wait for the deadline to get a better deal, if you intend to trade Kreider. The last few deadline guys didnt go for that much. And the Rangers wont get "blown away", either. Lots of people thought Zucc would return a 1st +. Although Kreider is a commodity with his size, speed, strength, if you plan on trading him, theres no sense in waiting.

Plus, with AZ, they'd need to take back salary. The only expiring deal is Soderberg.

I normally agree with trading a guy earlier rather than later, but that seems to seldom happen. And with Kreider, right now, as he isn’t really going all that well, if they wait, there’s a chance he gets it going. Have to believe he gets hot at some point and starts to pot a few more pucks.

I normally agree with trading a guy earlier rather than later, but that seems to seldom happen. And with Kreider, right now, as he isn’t really going all that well, if they wait, there’s a chance he gets it going. Have to believe he gets hot at some point and starts to pot a few more pucks.

Nah. Teams know what they are getting in Kreider. His performance has been consistent year to year.

From the outside, you see they added a LW, and Zibanejad has been out for half of the season. Easy to understand why play/numbers might dip. I think most teams, if they even notice, would consider it cyclical, and not a decline in the player.

Also, if a team is potentially looking to re-sign kreider, they might want more than 6 weeks to see his play.

Nah. Teams know what they are getting in Kreider. His performance has been consistent year to year.

From the outside, you see they added a LW, and Zibanejad has been out for half of the season. Easy to understand why play/numbers might dip. I think most teams, if they even notice, would consider it cyclical, and not a decline in the player.

Also, if a team is potentially looking to re-sign kreider, they might want more than 6 weeks to see his play.

I tend to agree with this. The TDL as an NHL event is now a bust because most teams do their business well before.

Just one goal in his last ten games. Is it too early for his dry spell? I wish he was having it elsewhere.

I don't really see what Arizona has to offer. Soderstrom maybe but he feels extraneous with the number of defensemen in the system. I doubt there's any chance you're getting Hayton for Kreider. Fingers crossed Arizona somehow beats Colorado on a Hall offer and then you get to deal with Colorado instead.

I'm not interested in trading Kreider yet. Let's see where we're at by the deadline.

I'm not sure why we would need to see where we're at by the deadline. In fact, it's the opposite of what they should be thinking in my opinion.

Holding on to him because they're chasing a playoff spot would be a terrible decision. This team is just starting out, it's not some sort of Columbus scenario where you might accept losing players for nothing because of a last hurrah with the core of the team.

I mean, if the right deal isn't there at the moment so be it. But the let's see where we are mindset worries me.

I'm not sure why we would need to see where we're at by the deadline. In fact, it's the opposite of what they should be thinking in my opinion.

Holding on to him because they're chasing a playoff spot would be a terrible decision. This team is just starting out, it's not some sort of Columbus scenario where you might accept losing players for nothing because of a last hurrah with the core of the team.

I mean, if the right deal isn't there at the moment so be it. But the let's see where we are mindset worries me.

Totally agree.

This team is a defensive sieve that bleeds high quality chances. They have zero business even trying to squeak into the playoffs.

It would be borderline irresponsible to keep UFAs that you don't intend to re sign for a run at 4 extra games.

Totally agree.

This team is a defensive sieve that bleeds high quality chances. They have zero business even trying to squeak into the playoffs.

It would be borderline irresponsible to keep UFAs that you don't intend to re sign for a run at 4 extra games.

This.

Plus for the development of this team another top 10 pick would be great. I?m not saying they should tank but maybe play panarin less

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk