• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Georgiev to Toronto?

Phil

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly think they’d take the right one

Right now, Georgiev is probably too much for Puljujarvi in real terms. Georgiev is now an established NHL goalie. Puljujarvi is not an established NHL player.

Even with a 2nd, not sure I’d do that.

They would have to really be in love with Puljujarvi

georgiev is not even an established backup yet.

The naysayers have now introduced the notion that Georgiev is not worthy of being an NHL regular. Gotta actually dig deep to believe that nonsense. The guy is a mere youngster thrown into the mix and has done more than an outstanding job. Ridiculous to say the least. H.F.

Only basis for him not being fully established is that it’s still a smaller sample size.

That said, his numbers and his play- the proverbial “eye test”, all indicate that he belongs.

As a starter or backup? Fair to say that’s as yet to be determined. But really hard to say he doesn’t belong.

That’s also basically proven by the fact that teams are looking at him to add him to play an important role on an NHL roster and do so now.

He wasn’t good last season.

Very inconsistent this season.

If teams are offering good returns, you take.

Not sure why people are willing to risk losing Shesterkin for him.

Oh I agree that if they’re having to move him to keep Shestyorkin, that’s exactly what they should do. Shestyorkin has the pedigree as a top prospect and the high level of play and performance everywhere he’s been to where they have to keep him.

They’re going to do that anyway. Not going to lose Shestyorkin in an expansion draft to keep Georgiev unless something significant and unforeseen happens.

Just saying that despite a smaller sampling and some inconsistencies, behind bad D I’ll add, that it’s not a huge question as to whether Georgiev has established himself as belonging.

He wasn’t good last season.

Very inconsistent this season.

If teams are offering good returns, you take.

Not sure why people are willing to risk losing Shesterkin for him.

He wasn't good last season, lol, what?

You're going to the mat on this one, eh?

Hard to say inconsistent this season when thus far he’s giving them a quality start nearly 65% of the time

Last year is fair though. But again, for an at the time 22 year old in his first real stint in NHL on a bad team that was awful defensively, end of season numbers were pretty good all things considered.

Hard to say inconsistent this season when thus far he’s giving them a quality start nearly 65% of the time

Last year is fair though. But again, for an at the time 22 year old in his first real stint in NHL on a bad team that was awful defensively, end of season numbers were pretty good all things considered.

It’s true that I discredit his age.

Even his last start he was “as good as” Martin Jones - who was awful.

Geo has some terrible games, a little too often. They get overlooked because he’s a backup, and it’s understandable that he will have those games.

It?s true that I discredit his age.

Even his last start he was ?as good as? Martin Jones - who was awful.

Geo has some terrible games, a little too often. They get overlooked because he?s a backup, and it?s understandable that he will have those games.

No, they get overlooked because the team playing in front of him is half trash.